User Tag List

First 1555636465666775 Last

Results 641 to 650 of 984

  1. #641
    Digital ambition Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You're assuming that Ni brought certitude. As an intuition it only brings a form of perception. Some other function, such as a judging function, must lend the perception certainty.

    This is such a NP thing to say.

    In my experience Ni can create a model/plan in instant and this plan will be a prefectly workable solution. There is no step by step brainstorming and many doubts.
    The only thing you have to pay attention to is that at the start of the process you have correct information that matches reality.

  2. #642
    breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    6,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    This is such a NP thing to say.

    In my experience Ni can create a model/plan in instant and this plan will be a prefectly workable solution. There is no step by step brainstorming and many doubts.
    The only thing you have to pay attention to is that at the start of the process you have correct information that matches reality.
    Boom, yes. The biggest problems with Ni are knowing if your base of knowledge is big enough and whether there is some sort of bias involved. If don't know you don't something very important related to your vision, then your vision will be wrong. If you are too biased to see clearly, then Ni will produce poor results.

    It is like a pilot whose instruments are off just a hair. Such a small amount should seem meaningless. However, over time, that could mean an entirely different direction or running into a mountain or the ground.

    I had a huge Ni explosion this spring. I resisted following it. I eventually realized it is 100% correct, but that my initial judgment was faulty and I didn't understand my vision clearly enough when I applied my judgment.
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

    “It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

    ― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays

  3. #643

    Default

    Ni vs Ne. lol.

    Ne expand possibilities, Ni narrow them down. That explains why Ne users are not certain at times. Ni are usually certain, as there are less ideas in their idea, to choose from.

  4. #644
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    This is such a NP thing to say.

    In my experience Ni can create a model/plan in instant and this plan will be a prefectly workable solution. There is no step by step brainstorming and many doubts.
    The only thing you have to pay attention to is that at the start of the process you have correct information that matches reality.
    But you don't know what matches reality without a judging function. Consider what Perceiving and Judging mean. The former brings in information and the latter judges the information. You can't know if the information matches reality without the Judging function.

  5. #645
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westrom View Post
    Ni vs Ne. lol.

    Ne expand possibilities, Ni narrow them down. That explains why Ne users are not certain at times. Ni are usually certain, as there are less ideas in their idea, to choose from.
    Certainty or certitude are products of the Judging function. I don't know what you mean by "Ni are usually certain" since you could be referring to a function or a person.

  6. #646
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    But you don't know what matches reality without a judging function. Consider what Perceiving and Judging mean. The former brings in information and the latter judges the information. You can't know if the information matches reality without the Judging function.
    You don't need to judge. It either fits your internal vision or not(vision meant as in N, just an internal mental idea whether it be logic, concept, pattern, etc.). If it doesn't then it's wrong...lol. or it ends to be morphed to fit your vision. Why do you think thier external perception is inferior.
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #647
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    You don't need to judge. It either fits your internal vision or not(vision meant as in N, just an internal mental idea whether it be logic, concept, pattern, etc.). If it doesn't then it's wrong...lol. or it ends to be morphed to fit your vision. Why do you think thier external perception is inferior.
    I agree that there is a feeling of certitude, that is, conviction, that accompanies the Ni perception.

  8. #648
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I agree that there is a feeling of certitude, that is, conviction, that accompanies the Ni perception.
    I bet it's controlled by tertiary Ti or Fi
    Im out, its been fun

  9. #649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Certainty or certitude are products of the Judging function. I don't know what you mean by "Ni are usually certain" since you could be referring to a function or a person.
    Ni are usually certain - they think they know something for sure

  10. #650
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westrom View Post
    Ni are usually certain - they think they know something for sure
    Introverted Intuition (Ni)

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] What the hell is an INTJ?
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 06:04 PM
  2. Naomi Klein: What the hell is her problem, anyway?
    By pure_mercury in forum Politics, History, and Current Events (Temporarily Closed)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 05:37 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 12:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO