• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you cope with being unemployed/underemployed

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm making this post just to have 400, yay:cheese:

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Best way to cope is not to waste time on emotion - go out and get a temporary job for immediate needs, and then spend as much time and energy on the job search as possible.

Falcon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Start by being objective. What is really important in life? Health, food, shelter, and that's it. Eveything else is secondary.

It's always greener on the other side... Remember the amount of employed people who bitch about their jobs every day. Employment sucks! You most often get annoying co-workers and stupid bosses.You may not be doing anything, feeling useless, and having little money. But you have FREE TIME. Think about this every morning and remember all those white collar workers who complain about their jobs at the coffee machine.

You need to work on your state of mind first. Unemployment is a unique possibility to build emotional resilience and independence. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

My advice: have healthy eating habits, do sports, make plans, build competencies (learn a software, etc.), join social groups, think outside of the box and do apparently stupid things to get noticed (they're fun!). Last and best advice: start your own business.

Remember, it's all about perceptions - that's human nature for you. If you had a job, you'd be complaining about your stupid boss!

uncommonentity

I jerk off, I party hard. I think about all the people in third world countries having a blast despite being unemployed then I ditch my white boy problems and get back to making that skrilla.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ probably the best answer so far.

now that i don't have to bitch about being unemployed i can bitch about being underemployed. movin' on up!