• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe/Se loop???

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Your sense of urgency to act will just be in terms of value. You may make certain tasks more important than they are and overwork yourself to complete them, maybe. Just a possible way it could play out.

What I want to know is how ENFJs become lazy - is the Fe-Se loop going the other direction? Becoming so wrapped up in the immediate pleasures they put off their responsibilities? I just say this as I know two who do something like that.....

IVY had a cool link here that I wanted to respond to, But it's gone.. but it certainly resonated with me..

As does this ^^^^^^^^^ post by OA.. It's not the immediate pleasure as a cause, but more as an escape from something. Being responsible can be overwhelming, so I tend to do as much as possible by doing as little as possible.. My school work is a great example. I am getting 80%'s and I am not really trying.. In typical fashion , somehow I just bullshit my way along and the results tend to be good.. leaving me plenty of time to wallow in whatever it is I wallow in.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how can you loop two extroverted functions?
that would be like a train coming out of a tunnel and then coming out of the same tunnel without ever going back in.
Bullshit. Extroverted functions don't output information -- Judging functions do. Having a double-extrovert loop means that you examine information in a superficial way and spit out decisions very quickly about it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
how can you loop two extroverted functions?
that would be like a train coming out of a tunnel and then coming out of the same tunnel without ever going back in.

it can't happen. there's no such thing as an Xe + Xe loop.

what you're observing can be explained by some other method. try and figure that out instead of trying to learn imaginary typological forms.

Of course you still use your aux function, but you allow the tertiary to steamroll over it, when the aux function should be guiding it. It's called "tertiary relief", and it often steps up to plate when under stress, but sometimes people get stuck in that stress survival mode. Since the tertiary function is not well-developed, it can result in negative behavior & mindsets.

www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16types.html said:
The Relief Role (Tertiary) (sometimes referred to as the 3rd function)
The relief role gives us a way to energize and recharge ourselves. It serves as a backup to the supporting role and often works in tandem with it. When we are younger, we might not engage in the process that plays this role very much unless our life circumstances require it or make it hard to use the supporting role process. Usually, in young adulthood we are attracted to activities that draw upon this process. The relief role often is how we express our creativity. It is how we are playful and childlike. In its most negative expression, this is how we become childish. Then it has an unsettling quality, and we can use this process to distract ourselves and others, getting us off target.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course you still use your aux function, but you allow the tertiary to steamroll over it, when the aux function should be guiding it. It's called "tertiary relief", and it often steps up to plate when under stress, but sometimes people get stuck in that stress survival mode. Since the tertiary function is not well-developed, it can result in negative behavior & mindsets.
I have a tendency to actively force Ne to work, because it makes me more fun to be around. What's that supposed to be?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

This is good^^^^.. and now I can see My own Fe/Se loop in action when I am extremely stressed... because the first thing I do is stop trusting my inner voices and go into total "If I can't see it, it's not real mode".

Very helpful info in the thread, OA.. :)