• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any really comprehensive and useful type desciptions?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
There's a huge one on INTPs on INTP.org (think that was it) but nothing else on the other types. Anyone know if there are others that compare to this one? I wanna read them.

Sioul

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think I read this one about the INTP, it was written like an essay right? And they even go into how the types of music played by an INTP solely reflect his/her current mood?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type descriptions aren't very good. I recommend learning how the functions work and synthesizing them into types.

redacted

BlueWing has some really good type descriptions if you can get through them.

Wait, I mean SolitaryWalker.

I think he has all of the N ones posted on this site -- he wrote all of them and published a book, if you're interested.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Type descriptions aren't very good. I recommend learning how the functions work and synthesizing them into types.

I disagree. If done well, type descriptions have a very high degree of accuracy. They are actually created FROM the functions, so I don't see why just because someone made a description that it would be wrong or innacurate.

I fit with at least 95% of the INTP type description.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For one thing, they're almost always made from the first two functions, ignoring the tertiary (which is quite important -- many adults have a well-developed tertiary), and they make some unwarranted assumptions about people such as that all Feelers are fluffy bunnies or all SJs are traditional and the like. Basically, they're made on basis of expected behavior, which is right for most people, but not all, since Jungian typology is based on cognitive perspectives rather than actual outwardly expressed behavior. I have a rather strong Si, for example, and have several behavioral patterns that fit strong Si use, but you yourself dismissed the idea that I could be an SJ based on the fact I'm not traditional.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I prefer to read many type descriptions, and synthesize the gist of the type from the collection. No single one stands out as containing everything one needs to know to understand that type.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
For one thing, they're almost always made from the first two functions, ignoring the tertiary (which is quite important -- many adults have a well-developed tertiary), and they make some unwarranted assumptions about people such as that all Feelers are fluffy bunnies or all SJs are traditional and the like. Basically, they're made on basis of expected behavior, which is right for most people, but not all, since Jungian typology is based on cognitive perspectives rather than actual outwardly expressed behavior. I have a rather strong Si, for example, and have several behavioral patterns that fit strong Si use, but you yourself dismissed the idea that I could be an SJ based on the fact I'm not traditional.

Well it wasn't just your lack of traditionalism. It was your large amount of Ne, the fact that you said a lot of people thought your Te was Ti and a few other things, but I'm sure you know your type better than I do. Just saying that those types are generally written that way for a reason, even if they're not completely accurate for everyone. I think the SJ traditionalism is supposed to come from primary Je and Si.