• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you assess the strength of your Tert and Inf functions?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I work with a bunch of SJs- one older ISTJ, 2 ESTJs, one younger and one older, and one older ESFJ. When I say older I mean no more than 15 years.
I have begun to notice we are probably more dissimilar than alike. Really. I'm a CPA, and I really could care less about half the conversations we have that are work related, because they will go round and round about the smallest of things, that, in the grand scheme of things- are immaterial, and again I don't care. That and I find that they are more prone to stick to the tried and tested formula for our work- scared to take risks, scared to look at things differently. Even when we say we are going to go in and look at things differently, we end up at the same place. It's not an 'all roads lead to the same place' type of thing that we are dealing with, but they don't feel comfortable not looking at item #4, for example, because 'we always look at #4', when we could rightfully not look at #4 and still get our job done.

So I'm beginning to theorize if my Ne is more developed than I think it is. We've had discussions over in the SJ thread about the strength of our Ne, and I really think for me it's pretty decent. It's better than I thought.

So my question to the forum is how can you guage the strength of your 3rd and 4th place functions. I mean, when we take most of these tests, you score in percentiles (I=12%, S=56%, T=80%, J=68%) <- these are very good averages for where I land in testing. What would those say about my Fi and Ne?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Piggyback it with a dom/aux until it takes you there (the zone) then jettison the dom/aux and then take in all of that tert/inf. glory.

Either that or take the more dangerous Incredible Hulk approach and throw yourself into an extreme situation which will likely invoke your tert/inf. (might however invoke shadow functions instead).

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's difficult to deliberately assess the strength of your Tert/Inf functions. I guess you could go into a situation/perform a task in which you know your Tert/Inf functions will be infinitely more useful than your Dom/Aux functions and see how you do- the more you succeed, the stronger your functions probably are.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So my question to the forum is how can you guage the strength of your 3rd and 4th place functions. I mean, when we take most of these tests, you score in percentiles (I=12%, S=56%, T=80%, J=68%) <- these are very good averages for where I land in testing. What would those say about my Fi and Ne?

The percentages you list do not describe the actual strength of your functions. You could have 100% T (for example) on that test as long as you slightly but consistently prefer T to F.

You should take one of the cog function tests around the net. There are links to some in our Tests folder, but sometimes they go out of date. The cog function test isn't really going to give you exacting detail but it will help you see relative strengths in comparison.

KDude

What's the best way to test Se?

Not that I want to derail.. I'm just curious if it's really my Inferior, like his Ne.

There seems to be this definition with Se that's almost an unconscious, in the moment-ness. I don't identify with that at all. I can, however, smoke them on the court nonetheless. :D (don't mind me.. just making a point.. what I mean is, I can function. I have legs and arms.. an entire corporeal manifestation actually. It's kind of neat. What I don't have is strong Se, I think).

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks Spam/Mondo. That's one way to do it...................

Any others?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
The percentages you list do not describe the actual strength of your functions. You could have 100% T (for example) on that test as long as you slightly but consistently prefer T to F.

You should take one of the cog function tests around the net. There are links to some in our Tests folder, but sometimes they go out of date. The cog function test isn't really going to give you exacting detail but it will help you see relative strengths in comparison.

I never understood those %s anyway. I'll take a look at that.

I really feel I'm slightly preferred S over N.