• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Greeters/Small Talk While Running Errands

Do you like making small talk with bank employees?

• I'm an I and I agree with Bill.

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • I'm an I and I agree with Melissa.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I'm an E and I agree with Bill.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I'm an E and I agree with Melissa.

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I'd say it's probably MOSTLY an IT thing to not want to talk much at non-social outings like this one. I agree with Bill. And I resent the comment that I am a douchebag because of it. It's not agoraphobia. It's I DON'T LIKE SMALL TALK WITH PEOPLE I DO NOT KNOW AND WILL PROBABLY NEVER KNOW. It's fine if you like it, but it's pretty intolerant if you can't respect that not everyone does (by the way this is directed at the person who said it was agorophobic and whom I CBF finding and quoting right now).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say it's probably MOSTLY an IT thing to not want to talk much at non-social outings like this one. I agree with Bill. And I resent the comment that I am a douchebag because of it. It's not agoraphobia. It's I DON'T LIKE SMALL TALK WITH PEOPLE I DO NOT KNOW AND WILL PROBABLY NEVER KNOW. It's fine if you like it, but it's pretty intolerant if you can't respect that not everyone does (by the way this is directed at the person who said it was agorophobic and whom I CBF finding and quoting right now).

I agree that people should be perceptive and back off if the other person is not responsive; it's no one's job to draw someone out, it's just nice if people feel they have a space to engage if they desire to do so.

I guess you were referring to Billy's general comment earlier, suggesting that one shouldn't be annoyed by it and it could be "agoraphobia".