• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional T's?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Are these common? I'm very logical and practical and all that. I choose to act based on what makes sense rather than how I feel and I prefer to be objective. But I still have quite a lot of emotional depth and am easily capable of strong emotions, both positive and negative.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes.

Especially TJs. Their Fi can make them very moody creatures. They probably don't realize that they're being emotionally affected in situations either. So they are unable to check it when it happens.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Are these common? I'm very logical and practical and all that. I choose to act based on what makes sense rather than how I feel and I prefer to be objective. But I still have quite a lot of emotional depth and am easily capable of strong emotions, both positive and negative.

Sure, they can be. Emotions aren't functions, but how you respond to those emotions is effected by functions. TPs, with low grade Fe, can sometimes seem excessive emotional, or even out of control. The Fi in TJs is less visible, but it is still there.

rav3n

T's are human but we prefer rationale for decision-making. I use rationale instead of objective logic, since truth is subjective relativity.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Sure, they can be. Emotions aren't functions, but how you respond to those emotions is effected by functions. TPs, with low grade Fe, can sometimes seem excessive emotional, or even out of control. The Fi in TJs is less visible, but it is still there.

Exactly, we are not robots as thinkers it just mean that our focus on how we deal with things in the end will more likely be from a impersonal view as opposed to feelers that take an personalized view. That dont mean we are not influenced by emotions, even when its from an impersonal perspective.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my INTP brother and dad can get quite emotional, though sometimes they don't realize the extent to which they put that emotion into the environment. i find it curious that they emote negative emotions more than positive, as i do not believe they themselves experience vastly more negative emotions than positive.

and like slowriot voiced, they are similar in that their emotions seem to not change their personal decisions as much as it does for feelers, especially Fi, because we tend to associate emotion and value (note - "emotion" being way more complex than "rawr angry" and "wahh sad". lol :) )

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yes, same here. T's don't feel any more or less than F's. The T/F preference centers around how you like to make decisions. Do you prefer to decide on logical, objective criteria (T) or decide based on feelings and values? (F).

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Exactly, we are not robots as thinkers it just mean that our focus on how we deal with things in the end will more likely be from a impersonal view as opposed to feelers that take an personalized view. That dont mean we are not influenced by emotions, even when its from an impersonal perspective.

That's the best way to put it. Because there are a lot of Ts who will put their family first, for example, over anything and everything else.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
my INTP brother and dad can get quite emotional, though sometimes they don't realize the extent to which they put that emotion into the environment. i find it curious that they emote negative emotions more than positive, as i do not believe they themselves experience vastly more negative emotions than positive.

It might be because they generally don't show their emotions so much, or are not so fluent in communicating via emotions, you are more likely to see the emotions that they can't control, i.e. negative ones.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Not me. But I'm more that way with my friends I suppose.

yes, and? Isnt it the same responses you have? Or am I not understanding what you mean? Can you give some insight please?

It might be because they generally don't show their emotions so much, or are not so fluent in communicating via emotions, you are more likely to see the emotions that they can't control, i.e. negative ones.

Exactly!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

huh! that makes sense.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Well obviously Ts are capable of feeling and expressing emotions. I don't know any Ts, however, that I would even think of calling emotional in the colloquial sense.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
yes, and? Isnt it the same responses you have? Or am I not understanding what you mean? Can you give some insight please?

I don't know quite what you are confused about here, but they said that we sometimes put our families way ahead of everything else and I said that I did not, but then I realised that while I do not place an enormous amount of importance on my family, I do on my friends.

Within

Permabanned
I think I'm very emotional at times and have even considered the possibility of being an INFJ on several occasions. But all the pieces fit for me as a INTJ therefore I've stopped questioning that. What the problem is for me is that I can never express how I feel to anybody. The only times I've actually opened up and basically screamed out what the problem was, I was on some kind of drug.

This is also the my main explanation on why I seek emotional music and art. Because they show me something I couldn't express in a thousand years on my own.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'll have to challenge this observation. Anger can be controlled but has its uses.

Sure, it depends on the person. Every person will find it more difficult to hide certain emotions than others, including positive ones, like happiness. Some people don't like to show when they are happy but then suddenly something makes them happy and they can't help showing it and feel embarrassed. Same goes for anger for another person, etc.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
This is also the my main explanation on why I seek emotional music and art. Because they show me something I couldn't express in a thousand years on my own.

I can relate to this. I like very much very emotionally direct art. I don't enjoy abstractions so much unless I feel I have connected to a heart within it.

Lark

I agree, emotions arent functions but people will be challenged or helped by them depending upon what their dominant cognitive functions are. Emoting is confused with emotional depth quite a bit in our feelerish culture too