• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne as Dom, Aux and Tert

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How do they differ?

Or, more precisely, how does Ne differ among:

ENXP, ESXJ, and INXP

in its expression? How/When does it manifest?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
How do they differ?

Or, more precisely, how does Ne differ among:

ENXP, ESXJ, and INXP

in its expression? How/When does it manifest?

First off, I'd like to say that I hate Ne, because I find it one of the hardest functions to describe. Second, I'm going to try because everyone seems to be ignoring your thread and I feel sorry for you.

Ne tend to be concerned with the intersection of ideas and the real world. It is associated with the drive to explore and experiment with that interection. Reading about an idea is one thing, but seeing it in action is another.

In the prime position, the ENP feels a desire to follow where their ideas and see as much of this intersection as possible. An ENPs and ESPs outwards behaviour can often seem quite similar, but the underlying motivations are different. The ESP want to experience thing for what they are. The ENP wants to experiencing things because of what they represent.

A healthy ENP will seek to experience as much as possible and shift through them to find those that seemed the most worthwhile (as determined in accordance with the auxillary). Those adventures that are deemed to have been good will probably be followed up on in some way.

In an INP, the Ji function is the lead function, and Ne type exploration is used to find subjected matter for consideration. More time is given to this consideration than in the ENP, which usually leads to a narrower field of focus. Once this enlengthened period of inspection is over, the INPs attention flicks outwards again to find something new. In a unhealthy INP, the auxillary is often underused leading excessive, perhaps even obsessive amounts of time spent fixated on one subject.

In an ESJ Ne is un the tertiary position, where in can often be troublesome. Typical, when the drives of the primary Je are thawted, the tertiary Ne prompts the ESJ to rapidly try out another method, rather than taking the time to think about what went wrong (the Si drive). Frequently, this just leads to them making mistakes faster rather than learning much.

A more developed Ne in an ESJ can lead the person to be willing to experiment in a controled fashion, giving the opportunity to learn new things.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Using the archetypes:
ENP: heroic; ego's main drive, shapes persona
INP: parental; used to support others; we like to show others other possible perspectives
ESJ: child; relief; not initially trusted, but then turned to to maintain dominant orientation.

Like my wife will become "silly" with ideas, or enthusiastically try to push ideas on me (when I'm already set on a course of action). It's like a total reversal, because I'm the one usually being light and open with Ne, while she's set in her ways. So the way we engage Ne/[Si] (parent vs child) can clash with and annoy each other like a child annoying a parent.