• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Describe your dom function

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
oh wtf are you serious!? my response was this
and i had a wave file but it wouldn't let me attach! haha that's funny! and...way weird actually.

Hahahaha! Psychic powers!!! :D

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
How does it feel?
Fluid and lava lampy, or conscious and analytical?
Contemplative and aimless or determined and purposeful?

The best way to describe it would be like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh jumping all over the place. To use an alternative metaphor, imagine you're on a poker table or something and you're trying too get a read on all the players on the table. Your eyes are twitching from left to right, person to person, trying to make out what's happening. When you're Ne dominant, it's like your eyes are twitching 24-7, always bouncing from idea to idea. Is it aimless or purposeful? If I had to make a choice, I would say the former. It's a fun function imo, though it's definitely useful too. It's like I'm on this intellectual joy ride all the time, the destination isn't important. :party2:

How did you learn to trust it enough for it to become the hero?
Was it wholly naturally occurring or could you feel yourself experimenting throughout your life?

At this point in my life, it's not like I consciously give Ne the keys to the car and let it take over, it's my base in which I base everything else around. As a child, I was probably more Fi to the point that it might've been my dominant function. I was always a jack of all trades though, wanting to be good at everything, logic, relationships, whatever and I guess Ne is a more flexible function. I'll say I've had a strong Ne since I could remember.

Third, how differently do you think your life would have unfolded, the directions you would have taken, if your dominant and inferior were in switched roles. To what extent would it affect your current ideologies, values, principles? In other words, how vital is your dominant function to the person you are today.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Man I don't even want to think about that :smile:. To be Si dom... ugh, I couldn't take it. No offence to any Si doms but from where I stand now, it would be like staying in a box for all your life, not even wondering if there was anything outside. I just looooove being Ne dom, it's both fun and analytical. The ultimate function imo, the only other function that would come close would be Ni. Being Ne dom is extremely core to my personality, in fact you could probably just analyse Ne as a function and hve great insight into my personality. As I said before, everything in my life is seen through Ne colored glasses. Even if I had seemingly similar morals etc. with a different dominant function, they would not have the depth and meaning behind it. They would be very different when you really get to the heart of it imo. :yes:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, we want visual representation? My mistake. Here you go:

400_F_1047442_hiakXhr1gLeIbGYr1XKdIbOYM9AydI.jpg

sydney_lightning_bolts.jpg

imgres

When I get a huge emotion (I'm not good at dealing with emotions):

tsunami3.jpg

Ne-Te loop:

Tsunami.jpg

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi
jd-contemplative.jpg

j0401296-1.jpg

This is how I seek to use my Fi-Ne. Found this and nearly passed out :laugh:.
a1untitled.jpg

The lyrics/video describe when I'm in a nostalgic Fi-Si mode almost too well :peepwall:. So spooky to how she looks up at the house when she gets off the bus. I've done that look before when I'm recalling memories.
YouTube - Miranda Lambert - The House That Built Me

:heart:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Copy pasted from blog.

Introverted thinking. Ti. The function that automatically assimilates and evaluates data according to certain rules, rules that are based on rather impersonal characteristics of the data themselves, yet are subjectively chosen by the user. It is my dominant function, my operating charter, my orientation to the world. It's only recently that I've begun to see how everything is shaped by that orientation: how it shapes the internal and external realities of my mind accordingly.

There is not one aspect of my life that can escape its gaze, and certainly not even myself. Not one idea, not one person, not one inanimate object, not one perceptible event is spared the deconstruction of its facade in order to reveal the essential components underneath. Everything is a system, everything has rules, everything that exists is a specific manifestation of a greater truth. The world is full of puppets, and I am looking for all the strings.

On one hand, this disposition, this orientation is something that enriches my life by embedding an unquenchable curiosity and lust for knowledge into my mind. I need to know how everything works. I need to know why everything works the way it does. On the other hand...this mindset can be very debilitating, especially in the social arena. Most notably, I'm rarely able to turn it off and appreciate events or people for just themselves and their existence. My mind tries to peel away surface characteristics, trying to get to something deeper, but in doing that, I paradoxically lose some of the essential components of socialization that I’m trying to find..

Introverted thinking as a dominant process is bizarre animal. The world and your ideas [to the introverted thinker, these are the same thing] are understood in such an interrelated way, things can really only be understood holistically and completely. This is part of what makes Ti, and Fi, so difficult to express. Ji’s understanding of things is rather 3 dimensional, but can only be translated into the real world 2 dimensionally. The Ji user has to slice up their 3d thought into 2d slices, and we experience this process as generally destructive to the original idea, since you lose the structure of the thought in the translation from sphere to slices of circles arranged side by side.

Ti is a solitary function. Your mind and your world tells you that you are alone. Yet, you’re not lonely. How can you be, when the world around you is hiding her mysteries, waiting for you to find them? With each discovery, you feel a little closer to everything. You feel a little closer to home.

:solidarity: