• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to manipulate people via their functions.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So Fe being IXTPs inferior- You'd manipulate them using something like: "You will never be able to fit in with society, unless you do this", (though it would have to be more subtle). I would think that you could play to their need for competence more than that. And I think that falls into the Enneagram category.

If I told an ENXP that they suck at remembering sensations, they would likely agree... maybe even laugh. IXTPs would also laugh and agree when you tell them that they suck at Fe. It wont affect them if they identify with it.

Playing to the Doms seems like it could work though. Telling an ENXP that he has no imagination and that everything s/he says is stale and repugnant would get a pretty fierce reaction methinks. Telling an ISXJ that they couldn't tell the difference between tert-butyl carboxylic acid and licorish would work better than telling them they are dull and unimaginative. They know that and recognise it within themself. Attacking Fi of an ISTJ might work though.

I reckon getting that reaction is key to manipulation of any kind. For example, you could get someone to play basket ball with you by telling them that they haven't done much excercise in ages and are starting to get hideously obese. If they are even slightly concerned about their weight they might be duped.

I'm thinking an attack on competence might work on anyone though? It might not be an MBTI related thing? I might as well try it on some people- trolllollollollol la lollololol!!!!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I get more pissed off than anything when Te is over exerted onto me... not necessarily manipulated. But I can see how that would work.

Tell them that they couldn't organize a towl rack and then get them to do your homework :rofl1:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'm thinking an attack on competence might work on anyone though?

Go ahead and tell a Ti person they're being "illogical" and see what kind of response you get.

Some people don't mind being incompetent as much as being considered mean or unkind. It depends on the person.

G

garbage

Speaking about functions, it seems that playing to one's inferior would piss them off and that catering to their dominant allows you to be on the same page.

"Manipulate" by agreeing with their overall approach, not by disagreeing. Anyone's going to be disagreeable if you poke at weak parts of their ego.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I told an ENXP that they suck at remembering sensations, they would likely agree... maybe even laugh. IXTPs would also laugh and agree when you tell them that they suck at Fe. It wont affect them if they identify with it.

Egg Zachery! My Si is crap, and often the cause of discomfort, I can't see how that would play against me, it needs no assistance to crap all over things.

Tell my Ne it can't think outside the box, or that I don't remain open to new possibilities and I'll :steam: praise my ability to do those things and I'll be all *puffs out chest and thinks of being out side of boxes and new possibilities to prove you right*

Go ahead and tell a Ti person they're being "illogical" and see what kind of response you get.

Hehe, that one's sooooo much fun! Get's 'em hot under the collar every dang time :devil:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Manipulating people is easy. I could use a guide on how not to manipulate people though. :(

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
page 1:

realize it doesn't have to be a bad thing and is a very natural thing. It's a tool, meant for our survival. Just be aware of how you use it ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
page 1:

realize it doesn't have to be a bad thing and is a very natural thing. It's a tool, meant for our survival. Just be aware of how you use it ;)

It is always a bad thing, in the sense that there are other ways that should be considered long before considering manipulation. Half-arsed conviction isn't what gets me out of bed.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is always a bad thing, in the sense that there are other ways that should be considered long before considering manipulation. Half-arsed conviction isn't what gets me out of bed.

Disagree :)

It's a fun game, especially if they know you're doing it and are willing to meet your challenge :devil:

Also, manipulation also entails comforting others when they're hurt, by saying the right things, knowing exactly how to hold them and hug them and taking care of their needs at that point, in order to take away at least some of their emotional pain, which in my books is a *very* good thing.

Jaguar

Do you think our inferior Function determines our "weaknesses" and what could be an excellent source for manipulation?

Why are you interested in "excellent sources for manipulation"? You're showing your own poker hand. Lol.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Disagree :)

It's a fun game, especially if they know you're doing it and are willing to meet your challenge :devil:

Also, manipulation also entails comforting others when they're hurt, by saying the right things, knowing exactly how to hold them and hug them and taking care of their needs at that point, in order to take away at least some of their emotional pain, which in my books is a *very* good thing.

True manipulation isn't always bad and without it society and science would not have advanced this far (if you want to get literal). The idea that manipulation is always bad is ironic and probably comes from some dislike of emotions.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Manipulation is mostly needed when one's actual position is too weak to be convincing, then it must be artificially constructed.

If your original position is strong enough in terms of positive intentions and displaying self as you actually are, then manipulation serves no purpose except to confuse the issue.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think there are many different ways to go about manipulation.

i also don't think manipulation is inherently bad at all. all people are subject to external influence. as long as we don't do it to intentionally harm someone else, i find it a fairly neutral thing to play at. and we can manipulate people in a way that helps them, too.

Fear or desire..
Know what these are in a person and you can manipulate them.

true. and of course it's always best to play to the way a person works. there are just different things you can aim for. you can work with the content of someone's fears - or you can work with what causes the fear and how it manifests. you can go for desire, or, like satine did, go for how someone goes about achieving that desire. in that case, i think it's easiest to reframe things to suit a person's dom/aux. turn a boring office task into a creative task, and i'm all for it.

i think how to best way to go about manipulation also depends a lot and who you are, not only on who the other person is. i can't manipulate in the same way my mom does, or my best friend does (incidentally both Fe doms), but i have my own ways of going about things that are effective too.

i've discovered me and a Fe-dom make an amazing tag team. we can get - and get away with - almost anything. :D

Jaguar

Manipulation is mostly needed when one's actual position is too weak to be convincing, then it must be artificially constructed.

If your original position is strong enough in terms of positive intentions and displaying self as you actually are, then manipulation serves no purpose except to confuse the issue.

Great points, and quite accurate.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just show a little leg and BAM, they're clay in your hands! :holy::devil:

And yes that works for both sexes :yes:.

;)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i think there are many different ways to go about manipulation.

i also don't think manipulation is inherently bad at all. all people are subject to external influence. as long as we don't do it to intentionally harm someone else, i find it a fairly neutral thing to play at. and we can manipulate people in a way that helps them, too.

but if you arent straight with people/dont know the full reasoning for their actions, you might fuck up something that they had in mind. for example if someone wants to make a decision that you think is the wrong one and you manipulate them to make different decision that you think is the right one, the decision that you pick up for him might not be the right one because you dont clearly know why they wanted to make the other one. there are so many ways that people can cause problems to others using manipulation when they just want to help them with it, that i think its better to be straight about things and convince them doing things differently. that is unless the thing has something to do with you or can cause alot of misery to you.

but on the topic, personally i think the best way to manipulate someone is manipulating their perception in a way that makes them do the different decision themselves. but you really gotta know how the person makes his/hers decisions and how his/hers reasoning works.

Chloe

i am interested though how to manipulate ISTJs and ESTJs, seems like impossible, only if you do what they want, that means all, and then you can gain something in return, bc they like you when you are acting responsible, but that's too much work... hm

i guess if you search weaknesses in other ppl's dominant, and try to force them to make mistakes, it can only piss them and then they'll be less happy and less cooperative.
i am saying this based on my STJ mom and sis, i know i pray often that my sis has a good day, bc otherway she is just raging Te-dom, not really easy to manipulate.