• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rank all 8 of your functions

G

garbage

Something along the lines of

Ni > Ne > Fe, Te, Ti > Fi > Se, Si

:popc1:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not so sure anymore, as I doubt my ability to be totally objective in self-assessment. Also, there's the problem of me thinking I might use a certain function but in reality it's not what the function is *really* about - in terms of how it is embodied as a primary or aux.

I'd find it more interesting if everyone on this board told me what they observed out of me, and then maybe a pattern/trend would be there. Although, that probably wouldn't be of any use either because everyone has their own idea of what constitutes what function. Never mind. ;)

Anyway, based on tests and stuff -

Ni > Fi, Ti, Ne > Fe, Se > Te, Si

Based on what I actually think is more accurate, tests aside -

Ni > Ti > Fi, Fe, Te, Se > Ne, Si

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Like Cascaedo, I question the validity of self testing. But I will guess anyway just for shits and giggles:holy:.. Anyone feel free to correct me if you think I am getting it wrong.

Based on the descriptions below. Last time I took an actual test I was in a very different place emotionally and mentally , so those result are not being considered.

Fe/Fi,Ti,Ni/Ne,...Si..........Se................Te

Ne is perceiving abstract patterns and connections in response to stimuli (either in the external world or in the mind. ) Ne generates new information starting from something existing. Ne focuses on future possibilities.

Ni is the creation of mental imagery independent of outer stimuli. Ni generates abstract structural images of a given problem domain that a person can view from different points of view at will. Ni focuses on the structure of things from a timeless point of view.

Se is indiscriminate awareness of the physical environment. Se prefers to indulge in that which exists in the present moment.

Si is awareness of concrete forms and categories of sensory perception. Si interprets stimuli in terms of the past. Si stores and recalls facts, figures and past situations.

Te is structuring one's interactions with the external world in a systematic fashion, based on logical and impersonal hierarchies and categories.

Ti is judging the validity of perceptions logically. Ti as a mental process is a collection of threads of thought taking concepts or percepts apart or pulling them together based on rules and criteria.

Fe is adapting one's interactions with the external world to the moods and feelings of others. Fe is sensitive to events like changes in people's expressions or other such "soft," hard-to-quantify conditions in the environment.

Fi is judging perceptions emotionally, based on weight of evidence. Fi as a mental process is the flow of judgements on perceptions personal ideals or feeling of right and wrong. Fi strives for integrity and consistency in it's ideals. Fi is higher cognitive refinement personal emotion. Fi enables one to vividly re-experience past feelings.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Constant use tier: Ne > Ti > Si
Average use tier: Te > Se
Uncommon use tier: Fe ~ Fi
Huh? tier: Ni

The tier setup does feel more accurate.

Arclight's Ni description is interesting as I identify a little with it but I'd say I use Ti+Si for manipulating constructs. It's very much a concrete view of the construction, even if it is dealing with abstract ideas.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to most tests:

Fi >/= Ne > Ni = Ti > Si >/= Se = Fe > Te

In reality, I think FiNe sometimes resembles Ni, and FiTe sometimes looks like Te as far as testing goes.

The Lenore Thompson model suits me pretty well....I think it's an interesting idea anyway, especially when I consider how I test on the functions.
It's less linear, and I just wonder why less linear models aren't explored more....?

Order: Fi Ne Ti Se Ni Fe Si Te

Right-brained: Fi Ne Se Ti
Left-brained: Ni Fe Si Te

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
According to most tests:

Fi >/= Ne > Ni = Ti > Si >/= Se = Fe > Te

In reality, I think FiNe sometimes resembles Ni, and FiTe sometimes looks like Te as far as testing goes.

The Lenore Thompson model suits me pretty well....I think it's an interesting idea anyway, especially when I consider how I test on the functions.
It's less linear, and I just wonder why less linear models aren't explored more....?

Order: Fi Ne Ti Se Ni Fe Si Te

Right-brained: Fi Ne Se Ti
Left-brained: Ni Fe Si Te

That's interesting.
I score right in the middle of Right Brain/Left brain tests, and Brain Gender tests.

Could that explain a very mixed function preference?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's interesting.
I score right in the middle of Right Brain/Left brain tests, and Brain Gender tests.

Could that explain a very mixed function preference?

IDK....I don't own her book, and it's been awhile since I've read it. I don't think that was a part of the theory....

Looking at how you see your functions, it actually seems pretty typical for an ENFJ. The only one markedly "out of order" is Ti.

"Fe/Fi,Ti,Ni/Ne,...Si..........Se................Te"

Order: Fe Ni Te Si Ne Fi Se Ti

Left-brained: Fe Ni Si Te
Right-brained: Ne Fi Se Ti

I think that's how it goes.... :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni is the creation of mental imagery independent of outer stimuli. Ni generates abstract structural images of a given problem domain that a person can view from different points of view at will. Ni focuses on the structure of things from a timeless point of view.
I've come to see a simpler way of putting this is in terms of archetypal or model patterns of situations (which are the "mental imagery"), which can be followed to gain a sense of how the current situation will turn out (based on the internally referenced pattern it is matched with).
So like sensory data, where you can experience it externally, which is stimulus in the current moment, or internally, which is referencing memory, abstracting also references external (multiple possibilities for an object) or internalized (a likely possibility recognized by the subject) stimuli.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Ti ~ Ne > Fe ~ Si > Te ~ Fi > Se > Ni

That's currently how I see it. It's like NTP limbo.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hm...maybe like
Ne-Se-Ti-Fe-Si-Ni-Te-Fi

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Ni=Te
2. Ti
3. Ne=Fi
4. Se
5. Si
6. Almost non-existent Fe

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I took a couple tests that rank the functions and they all seemed to go something like this:

Si, Te, Ti, Ne, Ni, Se, Fi, Fe

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's tough to say.

Ni
Te
Ti
Ne
Fi
Se
Si
Fe

I used to think that I had strong Fe but Fi is a tricky one.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I dunno why, but I started a drawing of it: perhaps will finish it later.

functionranknotfinished.gif