• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlation between Longetivity and Personality Type

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
All things being equal, is there a correlation between personality type and life span? If yes then which personality type?

My guess is SPs if they don't get themselves killed. I'm probably stereotyping here but there active lifestyle and optimistic outlooks must confer a longetivity advantage.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
NPs seem to be prone to dying of poor personal care, particularly INXPs. Then again, my grandfather is an INTP that is over 90 and still doing well.

SPs probably die of their crazy lifestyles (a fatal STD, giant ball of flame car crash, drunkenly falling off a 36th story balcony, etc).

Hard call on others, though. I suspect that ESFJs live the longest on average.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
NPs seem to be prone to dying of poor personal care, particularly INXPs. Then again, my grandfather is an INTP that is over 90 and still doing well.

SPs probably die of their crazy lifestyles (a fatal STD, giant ball of flame car crash, drunkenly falling off a 36th story balcony, etc).

Hard call on others, though. I suspect that ESFJs live the longest on average.

Good answer. With regard to IN's (T or F) I think stress would be the greatest detriment to their health. Why stress? Because if other INs are like me then they are always obssesing over their impending failure, the future and other things that could cause elevated stress levels.

Awesome avatar, BTW.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good answer. With regard to IN's (T or F) I think stress would be the greatest detriment to their health. Why stress? Because if other INs are like me then they are always obssesing over their impending failure, the future and other things that could cause elevated stress levels.

I'm with you there.

I suspect that SJs have the greatest longevity if their SJ conscientiousness is conscientious about the right things.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
The SJs I know tend to be demanding and appear high strung but they tend to relax once their work is finished. However the INs brains are, for better or worse, always working. This cannot be good for ones health.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Type A personality has been well correlated with increase likelihood of stroke, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. Which type is most likely to be type A? NJs I think...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I definitely do not have all the bad conditions listed above, I don't think. If I die early is because I have consumed my body with sports.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I definitely do not have all the bad conditions listed above, I don't think. If I die early is because I have consumed my body with sports.

But in time, if you are like most Intuitives, you could possibly develop some of those bad conditions.

From what I have read I've concluded that on average Intuitive types lived shorter lives.

Although I am not a doctor, have had no medical training and didn't take a single biology class in college. Just wondering ...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
But in time, if you are like most Intuitives, you could possibly develop some of those bad conditions.

From what I have read I've concluded that on average Intuitive types lived shorter lives.

Although I am not a doctor, have had no medical training and didn't take a single biology class in college. Just wondering ...

Not sure. I don't really feel a sense of impending failure all the time, I don't think. In fact I'm quite the opposite, even when things are going pretty badly it's hard for me to feel anything.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Well nobody should take statistics as the be all and end all. Afterall nobody has done randomized experiments on that. And that's not possible. Personality is inane, just like predisposition for cardiovascular diseases etc. Type A personality (being tense, hurried, worrisome) is only correlated to disease. You hear this a lot in research, correlation isn't causation. Type A doesn't give you the disease. That has not been, and I doubt can ever be, proven. Then to link Type A to MBTI... You're looking at even more partial relationships. It's simply guesswork.

The best bet to longevity is simply a healthy life style, don't take unnecessary risks. Also what good is longevity if you're not enjoying life? *shakes head* Assume you'll live to the average life expectancy and just live so that you'll be happy.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I think you are right. I'm afraid this thread has become a dead-end. But, hey, at least we tried!