• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rank the strength of your MBTI letters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i probably already did this :/

pnfe

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By dichotomy strength:

F
I
P
S

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
G

garbage

N and then the other stuff

If the dichotomies were competing in a 100-yard dash, when iNtuition rushed and tagged the finish line typical frenzied pace, the others would be left about a mile behind (!) and differentiated by a few feet apiece. I guess they'd pretty much tie for second.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does the power of letters relate at all to functions?

G

garbage

Does the power of letters relate at all to functions?
Some would say that if, for example, if T is your strongest dichotomy, then you're most likely a T-dom.

I personally treat the MBTI dichotomies and JCF as separate systems, but to each their own.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some would say that if, for example, if T is your strongest dichotomy, then you're most likely a T-dom.

I personally treat the MBTI dichotomies and JCF as separate systems, but to each their own.

But some people who posted here didn't have their dominant function letter at the top. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I definately need more information before making a definitive conclusion on these processes and how they connect with type's letters. (Is that a perceiving function by the way, not jumping to conclusions?)

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But some people who posted here didn't have their dominant function letter at the top. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I definately need more information before making a definitive conclusion on these processes and how they connect with type's letters. (Is that a perceiving function by the way, not jumping to conclusions?)

There's no empirical evidence that that strength of preference correlates with type dynamics is any meaningful way (and certainly motivated people have looked for such evidence). That's one reason that type dynamics may be bogus in practice. Some argue that type dynamics are correct, but can't be measured externally.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
FNPE :shrug: I'm pretty confident in all of my letters. I'm definitely an NF, but if I was born in an alternate universe I'm pretty sure I'd be an F 100% of the time.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's no empirical evidence that that strength of preference correlates with type dynamics is any meaningful way (and certainly motivated people have looked for such evidence). That's one reason that type dynamics may be bogus in practice. Some argue that type dynamics are correct, but can't be measured externally.

It's nice someone answered my question. I'm all for looking at external information. I think it's a great way to better back up ideas.

However, I don't think the results alone can really show us everything. The dynamics of course are too complex to fully predict. Maybe or maybe not what we do is determined (free will?), but even if it is determinable, surely there's a ton of stuff to integrate. That could prove very tough.

As such, having a good theory of things can give us a more holistic understanding I think. That's the biggest reason I look at evidence, is because it can give pieces for constructing theories.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For my letters, maybe INpt would be right, or NIpt.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
IPFN. I'm super quiet and scatterbrained but the rest of the letters are more balanced. I think I come off more T to my family because I try to keep calm a lot and am not that mushy or expressive of my feelings. If I take a dichotomy test I'll either get INTP with T barely winning or INFP with F barely winning. The feels are running deep though. The S and N are very balanced too. For example, I'm a very daydreamy person, but I'm usually thinking about day to day stuff rather than unicorns. I have a lot of typically S interests like cooking/foodie stuff and music, but I'm very clumsy and zone out a lot. I'll take stuff in conversation literally and it's awkward but I enjoy things like symbolic art.