• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ptypes Personality Matrice

Lark

Ptypeswiki

PTypes Personality Types

Has anyone seen or heard of this Matrice? Its the first personality matrice which I heard of and read about, before I knew about MBTI and it made the most sense to me at that time.

It has its own version of self and shadow, for instance vigilant style vs. paranoid type, adventurous type vs. anti-social personality.

What does anyone think and is it a poor substitute or alternative?

G

garbage

Yup :yes: I've never seen Oldham's personality styles grouped into temperaments or given shadows. In fact, I was thrown off by the first link, because I didn't know that that particular collection of personality disorders was linked to Oldham in any way.

In any case, it's neat. It seems similar in philosophy to the Enneagram, in that it deliberately focuses on describing the negative and positive sides of each 'coin.' It's a good approach to personal development, and it seems mostly true/valid by definition; the 'positives' naturally lead to the 'negatives' in unhealthy individuals.

Also, nere's a test for Oldham types, which may help further discussion.

wolfy

awsm
It seems kind of simplistic to divide the temperaments into sanguine, phlegmatic etc solely. It is more complicated than that. I agree with what I read in Eric B's stuff on isfp being phlegmatic sanguine. Having leisurely in traditionalist seems off to me too. Seeing as I am strongly leisurely and not traditionalist.

There are some interesting individual pages on the site but it seems disorganised as a system.