• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Decision Making: Links b/t Six Hats and 8 functions of type?

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
The Six Hats

White - Facts & Information
Red - Feelings & Emotions + Intuition
Black – Critical Judgment
Yellow – Positivity
Green – New Ideas / Creativity
Blue – Process Control / The Big Picture.

i use de bono's Six Thinking Hats quite often
...anybody familiar with the system and see
links between which functions do we access
when we wear each hat?

ie. would Se dominant users be out of their comfort zone,
wearing the green hat for new ideas / creativity:
"what do we know" vs "what could be?"

six-thinking-hats-mindmap.jpg

wolfy

awsm
I'm pretty familiar with his work. You could draw some parallels between the steps and functions I imagine. It seems limiting to do so though when the concept is that the group or individual work an idea through the steps.

I guess yellow, green and red are more comfortable and fun for me than the other three. Nice mind map btw. I like it.

annnie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Strange, I was thinking about this a couple of days ago - university project, project management frameworks etc - 'is there any correspondence' (natural impulse is to try and relate them!) - open to debate (being proved wrong... :newwink:) I'm sure but this is what I came up with:

Black (critical, caution, logic, what can go wrong) - Ti, Si, Te
White (information, logic, facts) - Si, Ti, Te
Yellow (optimism, positive, value) - Ni? Fi? (don't think this is correlated to a function though)
Green (ideas, creativity, new) - Ne, Se?
Red (feelings, hunches, gut feeling) - Ni, Fi
Blue (manage, control, overview) - Fe, Te

I use the green and black 'hat' most of the time, sometimes simultaneously :party:

Do people actually have physical hats as part of the process with this - I always thought it was just a metaphorical hat - but something I read the other day I inferred they are actually real... can I order a set please ;)