• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Birth Order and J vs P

What is your birth order and J/P level?

• Total voters

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I believe when i was a child i was a J but i had a traumatic event in my childhood at 12 years old, what happened dosen't need to be explained(unless u really want to know). In my childhood i was a hard working shy sensitive kid, I think i pretty much fit the description of INFJ. Then the trauamitic event occured and caused me to rebel and devolop a strong T, was in a neighborhood gang and did drugs and such turned me into a strong P. As of now i fit the description of an INTP but i can feel the sensitivity coming on more and more now is this maybe my other INFJ showing through? But anyway on topic my
Me- Eldest-INTP
Brother-Middle-ESFP
Sister-Youngest-XNFJ

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
My sister older = ISFJ
Me = INFJ

Dad = ESTJ
His younger brother prolly ESTP

Mom's older sister prolly ISFJ (or ISTJ)
Mom in the middle = ENFJ
Mom's younger brother = INTP

Funny, almost all of the "older" siblings do come off as more of rigid J's. But the truth to be told, I used to be way more J in almost OCDish level than my sister who was a lot more carefree, messy, unorganised. And then at some point that just changed for both of us. I used to be such an organised kid though, what happened? :rolli:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Older brother was ENFP;
I'm about a year and a half younger & INFJ.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'm the oldest and P. my only sibling, a younger sister, is a howling J.

howling.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Me: INFJ
Younger sister: ENFJ

I guess it depends on how you're raised, too. We've got an ESFJ mom, so our lives were very much structured when we were young. We had regular schedules for everything -- school, extracurricular activities, meals, snacks, bedtimes...

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Mother: ISFJ - my mother's J is really strong (95-5)
Father: ISTP (probably) - my father's P is a little light (like 60-40)

My older brother's a strong ISTJ.

I'm an INTJ with a strong I and J (ultra strong I, actually), but weak N and T.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Me (Youngest) - INF something
My sister (4 years older) - ESTJ

My mother's family:

Her sister(older) - ESTJ
My mother - ESFJ
Her brother(younger) - ESTP
Her Mother - ExxP
Her Father - ISFx

My father's family (in order of birth)

(((oldest)))

Brother number one - xSTx
Brother number two - xxTP
Brother number three- ISTx
Sister number one - xxTJ
Sister number two - ExFP
Sister number three - xxxP
Brother number four - xxTP
My father - ISTJ

(((youngest)))

don't know about his parents

Unique

Me: INFJ
Younger sister: ENFJ

I guess it depends on how you're raised, too. We've got an ESFJ mom, so our lives were very much structured when we were young. We had regular schedules for everything -- school, extracurricular activities, meals, snacks, bedtimes...

haha no

I was raised by 2 Js

I'm a 95% P

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Father - INTJ(probably)
Mother - xNFP(most likely)
Older Sister - INFP(that one's a guess, just fits her, i guess)
Me - INTJ

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
My oldest child's a P and my youngest is a J. My husband and his brother are both P's. My Mom has three siblings and I'm pretty sure they're all P's. My Dad is the youngest of four and he's a J. I never knew his oldest brother (killed in WWII) but the second oldest was a J and the next a P. My MIL and her brother are both J's. My FIL is the oldest and a P, and I'm not sure about his brother but I'd guess he's also P. Based on my very informal survey of my relatives, I don't believe birth order influences personality type!

Lily Bart

MBTI Type
INFP
P.S. Just to be fair, I'm the oldest and I'm a J. My sister is also a J. My brother, the youngest, is a P.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sorry, I messed up. Read E for Eldest (I'm such a P, didn't even read the OP properly). :grin"

I should have marked OP.

G

garbage

Oldest (half-brother): ENTJ, 15 year age gap
Older sister: EsFJ, 3 year age gap
Me: ENTP

My brother and sister are two of the most J-est people I know. I have a lot of P traits, but I plan and organize, too.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Father - not sure of his type, but definitely an IxxJ (strong J) - I'm beginning to suspect he's ISFJ

Mother - strong ISTJ

Me - compared to my brother, I'm a definite J. INFJ

Brother (almost 3 yrs younger than I) - INTP

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
My whole family are Js... I guess that's not much help for the theory... but I'm the least J member of my family even though I'm the eldest (or only child if you go by the 7 year difference rule). My younger brother (7 years apart) is an ESFJ. My mother and father are ISFJ and ISTJ, respectively.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
How the hell am I supposed to decide if I'm J or j. I think there are more gradients in between "J out the A" and "questionable J." I'm definitely J but more so in my dealings with people. When it comes to anything else, especially keeping a clean environment, I'm very P. I'm really only ever on-time to official things like work and appointments. When it comes to going to a friends house, I don't even look at the clock. I take my sweet ass time. Overall, I'd say my J is kind of like being libertarian. Conservative and J-like in some ways, Liberal in others.

Other than that rant, I'm kind of sort of the oldest. My mom had a kid in her previous marriage who I hadn't met till recently (he's the oldest, probably an ESFJ, and 100% wienerboy.) I'm eNFj overall and my younger sis is EsTJ. So I don't think that there's much to this theory. Rather than nurture this is most likely nature. The more assertive sperm (you know the ones that have plans and wear little watches) were the ones that got there first and made us babies! :p

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How the hell am I supposed to decide if I'm J or j. I think there are more gradients in between "J out the A" and "questionable J." I'm definitely J but more so in my dealings with people. When it comes to anything else, especially keeping a clean environment, I'm very P. I'm really only ever on-time to official things like work and appointments. When it comes to going to a friends house, I don't even look at the clock. I take my sweet ass time. Overall, I'd say my J is kind of like being libertarian. Conservative and J-like in some ways, Liberal in others.

Other than that rant, I'm kind of sort of the oldest. My mom had a kid in her previous marriage who I hadn't met till recently (he's the oldest, probably an ESFJ, and 100% wienerboy.) I'm eNFj overall and my younger sis is EsTJ. So I don't think that there's much to this theory. Rather than nurture this is most likely nature. The more assertive sperm (you know the ones that have plans and wear little watches) were the ones that got there first and made us babies! :p

You sound like a moderate J. What makes people Js is directing the Judging function (T or F) outward into interactions with the external world--J types have Te or Fe as one of their top two functions (and Si or Ni as the other.)

So Judgers have a more open/perceptive side but it's kept inwardly most of the time and only allowed to direct Te/Fe's efforts...this explains why you would show an organized attitude toward others but not as much toward yourself.