• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you different from the typical representative of your type

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Hmmmm.. This is very me, yet i am almost certain i am very much an INFP...

(just to deviate from topic)

Well I think it's rather INP in general. Probably slightly more T than F, but I don't think it would definitely mean one way,

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh goddamnit. Just when I think I finally figured it out, I read something that prompt a reevaluation.

Is INFJ v. INTP confusion a common one?

If INTP:

Everything Jennifer stated previously + an awareness of atmospheric disharmony, which bothers me. Horrendous at maths (save for geometry, if ya wanna call that math.) Very demonstratively affectionate when in close relationships. I have trouble saying "no" to people. Won't voice opinions if I'm not completely sure of what I'm talking about (in the sense that I need to be extensively knowledgable regarding everything about an issue, not that I'm so sold on my convictions that I don't want to debate them.) I don't look, nor probably present, anything like one.

If INFJ:

Not people-oriented at all. I definitely don't identify with the "champion of the cause" thing either, nor the "natural counselor." In fact, I really don't care to hear your problems at all unless you're really close to me and you truly want [my] help. I'm pretty self-absorbed, actually. I'm not especially sensitive to criticism [more NF than INFJ-specific] but quick to feel incompetent, not personally hurt, if someone points out something I missed. Actually, I don't know if that qualifies as sensitivity or not. The only thing about [stereo]typical Jness I identify with is the want of closure; I don't need it, but I prefer it. Other than that, I'm messy, disorganized, procrastinating, habitually late, no sense of time, jump from project to project without completing any of them, need all information before making a decision, yada yada (yes, stereotypes, but meh.) Emphasis on logic and rationality (though, this isn't necessarily antithetical to INFJness.)

:shrug:

You sound like an INFJ who puts emphasis on Ti as opposed to Fe. Ni users are much more likely to beat themselves up for missing something than Ne users, as Ni seeks to figure everything out on its own. Ne users often actively seek out constructive criticism of their ideas and adjust them accordingly.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
i am more expressively giddy than other infps

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you checked whether you're more Chart-the-course or behind the scenes?

It's really difficult to say. I think I'm naturally the latter, but my job sort of requires me to do some directing (as much as I hate it) or everything would turn to shit. But I still don't know if directing is the right word. More like directing via informing? Forceful question asking? :wacko: I also relate to the need to have a sense of what's going to happen before getting into a situation, though, I don't know if this is because of my anxiety, extremely high standards, or if I'm really chart-the-course. I just fucking hate groupwork, my job, and being in groups period, which is why I rarely if ever am. :devil:

You sound like an INFJ who puts emphasis on Ti as opposed to Fe. Ni users are much more likely to beat themselves up for missing something than Ne users, as Ni seeks to figure everything out on its own. Ne users often actively seek out constructive criticism of their ideas and adjust them accordingly.

This is what I'd initially concluded but Ni just confuses the shit out of me. But it's supposedly an extremely unconscious function anyway, right? I don't understand the "eureka" thing though, as I'm almost always aware of how I arrived at something; it doesn't pop out of nowhere. It's either that I thought Ti+Ne = Ni or that NiTi= Ti. I hate Fe, but I know it's there. It just feels so fake when I need to engage it, which is why I didn't think INFJ for a while, Fe being the aux. Tests threw me too. I've never tested anything but INTP, though that doesn't mean much. Cog funx were something like Ti>Ne>Ni=Si>Te>Fi>Fe>........Se. It's difficult to tell in that I'm really lacking data. I've been a loner mostly my entire life. I literally don't have friends or relationships. I really really prefer being alone, so it's hard to ascertain how I interact naturally with people, given that I'm so painfully aware of myself when in social situations to the point where anything I do feels contrived because I'd so much rather not be there. Meh...

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't know if I said this in this thread, but I'm not as detailed as most SJs. I tend to get irritated if we get stuck in unnecessary details- arguing over a point that means nothing in the big picture to either party.

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
I wonder if this is where the Enneagram can help people understand some of their reactions and/or behaviors outside of their MBTI typing. Especially the type stacking system.

My sx/sp tendencies generally encourage stronger emotional connections with close friends than what is usually considered the norm for INTJs or INTPs, both of which I relate to.

NewGuy1

ENFP

I don't use many emoticons.

I don't put up with condescending people (I can't believe how many ENFPs say they've dated someone who looked down on them intellectually, or regularly called them stupid... f@#k that!!!).

I feel like if someone was very condescending to me we wouldnt get along, I dont like when people judge people although I am somewhat of a hypocrite (Mines I keep to myself).

Also I dont update my status's on facebook, twitter other social networks alot.

Dont speak feelings (that may just be negative feelings because I can recall speaking about being happy often)

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
As an INFP

I used to be different because I stopped trusting myself and the point of reference was different.
And

As an INFP
I continue to be different because I started trusting myself and the point of reference is uniquely my own.

Well if you want me to elaborate, why didn't you say so. And truth tell its more about what shaped me in my life that has created the differences and attitudes in my personality towards the ones that are engendered in others of my personality preference. And that means my reactions weren't about how introverted was I or how little. Nor was this about how intuitive I was or wasn't. But about how I felt about myself or didn't, and how much I discriminated judgmentally against myself or didn't in the face of reality.

While it is true my introversion needs recharging, and that my intuition when switched on tends to flow beautifully well. It is with my emotions that strangely I've had the most trouble and have learned to stop them as it is uncharacteristically unnatural to express with any kind of emotional intelligence with my family and in turn this belief translated to my core beliefs. And that is I misunderstood the reason this function existed. And then I reinforced my prejudices with my discrimination in my personal judgments. This means that I was unable to relate to anyone based on experience because I thought I had none, I stopped being a creator of my energy and started to be a dismissor of my energy instead.

And all of a sudden I feel like myself more and more. :solidarity:

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not into debating. It takes too much effort and I really couldn't care less.

lucibelle

MBTI Type
I__P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't give a damn about ethics and related things (such as human/animal rights)

I consider 'cute' a negative.

I am bad at writing.

:rolleyes:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. I'm female (and heterosexual)
2. I'm not hyper-aggressive
3. I don't have a need to be everyone's boss
4. I have feelings :(
5. I don't say absolutely everything I think, because I don't want to look like a jerk (or at least, any more of a jerk than I already am)
6. I don't like competitive sports
7. I don't hold other people to the same high standards that I hold myself to

I may post more later...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
How about your income, is it good ? We maybe can go out for lunch some day, I have some grand business ideas :)

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
How about your income, is it good ? We maybe can go out for lunch some day, I have some grand business ideas :)

haha yah me too, let's go on a triple date and focus on the business plans not the relationship concepts ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can be quiet and shy. I'm very grounded/ not a flake. I'm focused. I can be insightful. I can be ambitious and driven. I'm independent, like to make my own decisions and do my own thing. I'm very honest.

("Can be" means only sometimes... :))

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am an extremely archetypal ENTP and therefore have differences with the description of the average ENTP. These are centred around my very high development of Ne and Ti with NO development of the Fe and Si that one would see on lower levels in other ENTPs. Think of a highly advanced Firebender (The Last Airbender) having blue fire, rather than the expected orange.

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
I am an extremely archetypal ENTP and therefore have differences with the description of the average ENTP. These are centred around my very high development of Ne and Ti with NO development of the Fe and Si that one would see on lower levels in other ENTPs. Think of a highly advanced Firebender (The Last Airbender) having blue fire, rather than the expected orange.

I'm almost identical save for two extremely important notes: I'm certainly an "I" in social situations, and I haven't watched any of the Airbender movies. (See my sig for the order of my functions.)