• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you different from the typical representative of your type

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
If I'm an INTP, then I'm one with a highly developed Ne, which manifests itself as social competence and being less strict with logic and such.

Overall I think I'm a lot more authoritarian than typical NTPs. I think it's due to both a forcefully developed Fe and Si (which might look like a benign Fi in practice, methinks, which is why I thought I was ENFP for a while). I've gotten into a lot of arguments with my primarily J family (my dad, I think, is an ISTJ, while my mum might be a somewhat unsocial, strict ESFJ. My first sister is maybe an ESFX and my other sister is emerging to be ENFJ-ish. Yeah, it's hell), and I think that for the sake of keeping the peace I've learned to tone myself down and be less judgmental and arrogant to people overall. Unfortunately sometimes that ruins my sense of self worth, so that's when I get REALLY introverted.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I'm an INTP, then I'm one with a highly developed Ne, which manifests itself as social competence and being less strict with logic and such.

Overall I think I'm a lot more authoritarian than typical NTPs.

Yes and yes.

My Ne is marginally higher than my Ti according to most tests... but I'm pretty sure I'm not an Extrovert.

Also, I have these "STFU AND JUST DO WHAT I TELL YOU TO DO" moments. :newwink:

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Yes and yes.

My Ne is marginally higher than my Ti according to most tests... but I'm pretty sure I'm not an Extrovert.

Also, I have these "STFU AND JUST DO WHAT I TELL YOU TO DO" moments. :newwink:

Shy extrovert or extroverted introvert? We seem to straddle a line.

Cinnamon Sugar

MBTI Type
INFP
My Feeling is pretty damn weak, so I often think and behave in ways that lean more toward thinking than feeling.

I'm not super hyper sensitive. Admittedly, I don't like criticism, but who does? I realize that criticism is necessary and I won't sulk just because someone gives me negative feedback.

I'm not irrational or illogical (for the most part). I try my best to base my beliefs on good evidence and what is rational. People who are borderline delusional in their beliefs - those who believe ridiculous things despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary - irritate me.

According to a few profiles I've read, INFPs are supposed to be good at giving advice. In my case, this couldn't be farther from the truth. I can barely talk to people without sounding silly, much less dole out advice.

Also, it's often said that Perceivers run late, while Judgers are punctual. Well, I'm a punctual person and I expect others to be, too. I think it rude to arrive late to an appointment when I made a promise to be there by a certain time. Having said that, I'm much, much more relaxed about being on time to appointments than my mother, a J, is.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ive screwed things up before and have had to face it to the point where I can no longer close my eyes. Selectivity becomes a huge part of life.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I could be any of three different types, I thought I'd post all three descriptions and strike out what doesn't fit from each.

ESTJ:

ESTJs thrive on order and continuity. Being extraverted, their focus involves organization of people, which translates into supervision. While ENTJs enjoy organizing and mobilizing people according to their own theories and tactically based agendas, ESTJs are content to enforce "the rules," often dictated by tradition or handed down from a higher authority.
ESTJs are joiners. They seek out like-minded companions in clubs, civic groups, churches and other service organizations. The need for belonging is woven into the fiber of SJs. The family likewise is a central focus for ESTJs, and attendance at such events as weddings, funerals and family reunions is obligatory.
Tradition is important to the ESTJ. Holidays, birthdays and other annual celebrations are remembered and observed often religiously by this type. The ESTJ is inclined to seek out his roots, to trace the family heritage back to honored ancestors both for a sense of family respectability and for a sense of security and belonging.
Service, the tangible expression of responsibility, is another key focus for ESTJs. They love to provide and to receive good service. The ESTJ merchant who provides dependable service has done much to enhance her self image.
ESTJs have an acute sense for orthodoxy. Much of their evaluation of persons and activities reflects their strong sense of what is "normal" and what isn't. ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.
ESTJs promote the work ethic. Power, position and prestige should be worked for and earned. Laziness is rarely viewed with ambivalence nor benevolence by this type.
The ESTJ is outspoken, a person of principles, which are readily expressed. The ESTJ is not afraid to stand up for what she believes is right even in the face of overwhelming odds. ESTJs are able to make the tough calls.
Occupations attracting ESTJs include teaching, coaching, banking, political office, and management at all levels.

ENTP:

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.
ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.
ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.
ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.
In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.

ENFP:

General: ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They want to both help (at least, their own definition of "help") and be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another.
Social/Personal Relationships: ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to the more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality. They are outgoing, fun, and genuinely like people. As SOs/mates they are warm, affectionate (l ots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous. However, attention span in relationships can be short; ENFPs are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time. Less mature ENFPs may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time, to reassure them that everyone thinks they're a wonderful and fascinating person.
ENFPs often have strong, if unconvential, convictions on various issues related to their Cosmic View. They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their negle cting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.
Work Environment: ENFPs are pleasant, easygoing, and usually fun to work with. They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along. They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned. ENFPs are at their most useful when working in a group w ith a J or two to take up the slack.
ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So the profiles are typical representatives? Why?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have a need to analyze things and to pick things apart. I have high Ti.

I'm not agreeable by default. I'm contrarian by default.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Since I could be any of three different types, I thought I'd post all three descriptions and strike out what doesn't fit from each.

ESTJ:

ENTP:

ENFP:

There seems to be a lot of contradictions here, not only in the general type descriptions but also in what you did/did not cross out. For one example, yourr ESTJ profile says you strive for keeping what is normal and make fun of those who are not normal, but your other two types are known to be eccentric, and you haven't crossed the bits which describe this sort of thing out. For another, your ENTP profile has 'verbally and cerebrally quick' crossed off once and left on another time. You also seem to have crossed off most of the S traits in ESTJ. I'd say you're definitely some kind of N. But I really am not sure how one can be confused as to whether they are an STJ or NFP. You could hardly get more distant.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There seems to be a lot of contradictions here, not only in the general type descriptions but also in what you did/did not cross out. For one example, yourr ESTJ profile says you strive for keeping what is normal and make fun of those who are not normal, but your other two types are known to be eccentric, and you haven't crossed the bits which describe this sort of thing out. For another, your ENTP profile has 'verbally and cerebrally quick' crossed off once and left on another time. You also seem to have crossed off most of the S traits in ESTJ. I'd say you're definitely some kind of N. But I really am not sure how one can be confused as to whether they are an STJ or NFP. You could hardly get more distant.

Notice how the ENTP has the least crossed out. He's just playing with himself.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Unlike the typical (representation of) INFP, I don't try and make myself out to be more logical, grounded, smart, outgoing, or less emotional than I actually am to appear like a more sophisticated and developed INFP to people of other types on internet forums.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Unlike the typical (representation of) INFP, I don't try and make myself out to be more logical, grounded, smart, outgoing, or less emotional than I actually am to appear like a more sophisticated and developed INFP to people of other types on internet forums.

Lies, Damn Lies!! :alttongue:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
abominators will continue in their persistence to abominate

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I can be a goofy partier type but that's moreso an image I designed for myself, rather than what I actually am. I have a lot of E-ish & P-ish traits.
I am outgoing/talkative when I see the opportunity to do so.
I'm also a hardcore romantic. My ex-girlfriend and other women I've dated would describe me as devoted & lovestruck.
However, probably more so of a "control freak" than a "puppy dog" unfortunately, :(

KDude

Notice how the ENTP has the least crossed out. He's just playing with himself.

I've tried suggesting that before too, but he's more Te than Ti (according to him).

I've known some ESJs with a noticable Ne though. It's not too much of a stretch. :shrug:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Basically, I'm some kind of Ne + T type. At first glance that would point to ENTP, but I'm fairly certain that I'm a Te type rather than Ti. I don't come off as Te to most people for two reasons: 1) A critical failure to understand Te (It's not really an organizational function for the most part), and 2) that I laid off the empiricism in this forum somewhat for the simple reason I don't take typology seriously. If you examine my post history in, say, a political forum for example, the Te will pop out.

Re normality: I actually have a fairly developed sense of what is normal for me (I find some comfort in routine for example), as opposed to society in general, but yes, to others I am somewhat eccentric. I suspect I might have Asperger's.

And as for how ESTJ is similar to the other two, take a look at the cognitive profiles:

ESTJ- Te Si Ne Fi
ENFP- Ne Fi Te Si

I'm pretty sure I have a strong Te, and I know I have a strong Si. I actually was accused several times of being an STJ on my first two months or so here (back then I was listed as ENTP).

Notice how the ENTP has the least crossed out.
ENFP does, actually, in terms of trait sets (and I actually identify more with the ENFP profile). ENTP has least crossed out in terms of words.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Basically, I'm some kind of Ne + T type. At first glance that would point to ENTP, but I'm fairly certain that I'm a Te type rather than Ti. I don't come off as Te to most people for two reasons: 1) A critical failure to understand Te (It's not really an organizational function for the most part), and 2) that I laid off the empiricism in this forum somewhat for the simple reason I don't take typology seriously. If you examine my post history in, say, a political forum for example, the Te will pop out.

Re normality: I actually have a fairly developed sense of what is normal for me (I find some comfort in routine for example), as opposed to society in general, but yes, to others I am somewhat eccentric. I suspect I might have Asperger's.

And as for how ESTJ is similar to the other two, take a look at the cognitive profiles:

ESTJ- Te Si Ne Fi
ENFP- Ne Fi Te Si

I'm pretty sure I have a strong Te, and I know I have a strong Si. I actually was accused several times of being an STJ on my first two months or so here (back then I was listed as ENTP).

ENFP does, actually, in terms of trait sets (and I actually identify more with the ENFP profile). ENTP has least crossed out in terms of words.

Do you have an elaboration of your opinion on your own functions somewhere?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually posted? I don't think I do, but I could work on one.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, one more thing: What I crossed out isn't really so much the S parts of ESTJ, but rather what people think are the S parts of it. Si is about reliance on experience and previously-gathered data, which used to equal traditionalism in a time when information was very limited, but doesn't have to anymore. An SJ who wasn't taught a coherent system of moral values, or who has received sufficient information conflicting with those (which is quite readily available these days -- the Moral Guardians' concerns about media corrupting young minds is quite justified in the case of Si users) will probably not be very traditional.