• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you different from the typical representative of your type

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
As I've said many times before... I'm a total emotional retard... But I'm starting to think that could be due to the ennegram 7 thing! Where is lady x when you need her.. apart from that I guess I identify with almost everything else... so yea please don't cry my way... I start to panic and my palms sweat! :D

R

Riva

I don't know any INTJ without a good sense of humor.

On the otherhand Edgar is the only INTJ I know who does have good sense of humour. All the INTJs I know (and I have 3 close INTJ pals) are dull and humourless (as shit). And I should addd to it that non of the other INTJs (other than Edgar) have ever made me laugh. And it has been two years since I joined.

On the other hand, the ISTJs I know are funny as fuck.

And I know a ISTJ who makes me laugh so hard it makes my jaws hurt. (Especially his stories.)

Nicodemus

A few days ago, I showed an ISFP friend of mine a video which has made me cry tears of laughter for more than just one viewing. He did not even smile. Meanwhile, he was highly amused by 'Two and a Half Men' jokes, which I find fairly boring and predictable. So, maybe, you just don't get it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:unsure: I find just about every type to be funny... I know funny INTJs and ISTJs... their senses of humor are somewhat similar to me really :thinking:

however, Larry David is NOT amusing to me :thumbdown:

Nicodemus

Another friend of mine once wrote 'I am a off-road vehicle' on his t-shirt. It cracked him and me up for almost five minutes.

izzie

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm not as naive as I portray on my outside image. I can act totally out of character (out of the usual INFP shell) when I am unable to deal with emotions properly. I actually like logic a lot even though I am highly intuitive and appear as though I complain about logical thinkers.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Life has been wicked to me, as a result It has made me harder and much meaner the most INFJs would otherwise be.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I've got a huge part of me that mirrors INFJ behavior -- sense of social propriety and appropriateness, viewing things through various filters and seeing every viewpoint as having spin and thus it's more a matter of usefulness that determines the view chosen, and I also have a big issue with what others think... I'm extremely sensitive to it even if I hide it or try to ignore it, and I've had to break away from mirroring other people's expectations for me.

I'd probably never be able to say it as eloquently as Jennifer does, but this is true for me as well. When I think of a "stereotypical" INTP, what comes to mind is a sort of hard aloof intellectualism, with a large helping of "I don't care much what anyone thinks". I'm more simply shy-eclectic-nerdish.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't smoke weed? :shrug:

The whole hippie stereotype irritates me, but that's because I can't stand hippies. In fact, I have two SJ friends (ISFJ and ESFJ) who are REALLY into that whole hippie, peace sign, incense and all. Bleh. I know that my ISFJ friend and I had a hard time decorating our cabin because she wanted to fill it with all these Earth tones and incense and really really old vintage blankets and stuff. I wanted things to look edgy, original, zebra stripes! But she won out, so I had to live in my personal hell for 3 months. I don't know what that has to do with the typical representation of my type, but I figured you guys should know how much "hippie" lifestyle pisses me off.

Oh, and you will never find me enjoying myself in a coffee shop. Ever.

I actually find enjoyment going out dancing or going to concerts with a lot of people. When I'm the right state of mind that is. ;)
I don't feel as if I'm that laid back.
I guess that's all I really have to add.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't like hugs, saying i love you each 5 seconds, hearts, pink, and coffee.
I also like to read instructions for stuff instead of figuring out on my own.

Sorry for being a shame :(

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
I have a rather strong Ni, which causes me to confuse myself for INFP before.
And I guess I'm not as grounded and carefree as other ISFPs. :blush:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
And I should addd to it that non of the other INTJs (other than Edgar) have ever made me laugh. And it has been two years since I joined.

SmileyMan and Bananatrombones are both pretty funny, and I laugh at stuff Andy or Zarathustra post sometimes.

Also, that one guy who got banned...Lex Talonis...dude, that guy was a riot, though I couldn't figure out if it was an act or he was really that insane.

I even giggle sometimes at things Haight or Night say.

INTJs are pretty funny. Jane Austen, who wrote hilariously dry, witty novels, was INTJ.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NOthing.. but yeah, I kneel down to Fe instead of coolingly ignoring it. If I upset others, I get really upset.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Apparently INFPs are supposed to be somber and serious all the time. Yeah, so not me.

I'm punctual and can sometimes be a little mean and selfish.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
Uh, I seem to be going through a phase with pretty high Ti right now. *shrugs* Weird.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd probably never be able to say it as eloquently as Jennifer does, but this is true for me as well. When I think of a "stereotypical" INTP, what comes to mind is a sort of hard aloof intellectualism, with a large helping of "I don't care much what anyone thinks". I'm more simply shy-eclectic-nerdish.

I've frequently thought of Jennifer as INFJ.