• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you different from the typical representative of your type

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESI is more INTJ-ish than it is ISFP-ish actually. The most likely type to be ESI is INTJ Enneagram 4 (Edward Cullen is an INTJ 4w5 sx/sp ESI), but the most likely type to be ESI overall is ISFP.

Giggly is kinda borderline... her last cog functions score showed a somewhat strong Fi and a very strong Se.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The many IxFP stereotypes that make them look like cuddly bears.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I don't think I look like an ISTJ. I have hot pink highlights in my hair and a couple piercings. If people were typing me solely based on my appearance no one would pick ISTJ.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Less friends, more T. Damn near an ENTP. Also have been single for long periods of time.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
The many IxFP stereotypes that make them look like cuddly bears.

I am a cuddly bear. Till you piss me off. Then I'll rip your head off...and shi... never mind, you get the idea.

Till my mid-twenties, I was known for having an explosive temper.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My personal value system is constantly in a period of flux as i'm taking in new information.

I do understand other points of view.

I do not have a strong desire to be liked.

They are hurt by indifference and don't understand unkindness. This statement is very true. I don't understand why people are hurtful and mean to others.

I live in my own crazy fantasy world.

I enjoy talking/debating about theories.

And i am sensitive but that is a gift i can develop to my greater good :D

esfj .. Maybe i'm balanced or mistyped but i know the direction of the test questions so can manipulate the outcome. Never mind.

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not a stoner, I'm shy and awkward and I'm really not much of a clown.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I have certainly never had any interest in vehicles or vehicle repair, nor was I ever inclined towards the "industrial arts." And I have always been very academic (I went to grad school in the humanities for chrissakes.)

Then again, if I went strictly by the descriptions of ISTPs available online, I'd have to basically be a wrench-wielding neanderthal to fully relate.

I may make a thread about nerdy ISTPs (uh, not saying you're a nerd, uh).....I think I may have mistyped a friend as INTP when he may really be ISTP. He lacks the too-cool-for-school vibe associated with ISTPs.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm rather soft spoken, to the point where I'm always told to speak up :doh:

I'm not pushy... I prefer to get my way through making the other person WANT to give me my way, I suck at pushing people around and asserting my will forcefully!

I love museums (so many things to look at! :holy:)

Large groups of people make me feel nervous, and I feel a lot more at home outdoors than indoors :unsure:

I work sales, but fantasize about finding a job someday where I can work with my hands... sales is something I can do, but not necissarily something that clicks with me as something I WANT to do :laugh:

I studied statistical analysis and survey design... and ENJOYED it :nerd:

I use my Se and Ti (with a weird addition of Ne :shock:) primarily, but don't fit well with stereotypical behavior...

Lightyear

I am not a depressed whiner, actually I don't like depressed whiners. The problem I tend to have with some INFJs is this "Woe is me!" attitude.

I am not sure I am particularly good at reading people's emotions, I immediately feel drawn to the underdog or people that are hurting but I am not sure I have a sixth sense to know that something is emotionally wrong with another person unless they point me towards it.

I am not a psychic.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Most INFJs are apparently controlling and neat, but I am neither. And yes, I am a J. :D

And unlike LightYear, I am psychic, ;)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I've got a huge part of me that mirrors INFJ behavior -- sense of social propriety and appropriateness, viewing things through various filters and seeing every viewpoint as having spin and thus it's more a matter of usefulness that determines the view chosen, and I also have a big issue with what others think... I'm extremely sensitive to it even if I hide it or try to ignore it, and I've had to break away from mirroring other people's expectations for me.

Me, too. I feel like INFJs and more Fe-intensive INTPs can look a lot alike. There is a slight difference in "feel," though, that I don't know if I could put into words.

I don't think I really look like an INTP. I blow the whole VI typing thing out of the water. Gish mentioned once, "Jock looks like he's going to come up and brofist you, but then he starts talking about how plants use properties of quantum entanglement during photosynthesis."

I tend not to get in to too many debates, simply because I evaluate how the open the third party is to understanding and learning, and if I think they're just there to listen to themselves/confirm their own opinions I won't even bother, since I know how it will go.

I'm sure there are others.

I don't look like an INTP, either. I've been a performer in one way or another since I was young, so I know how to look like a more animated, extroverted type, and I tend to tailor the conversation to the other person. I won't really nerd out around most people, unless I detect similar nerdiness in them. Then it's ON.

And yeah, I don't enjoy debates at all. I enjoy conversations with an end goal of coming to an understanding. If I can tell we're just wasting our breath and no one's keeping an open mind, I'll keep mostly quiet, then excuse myself as soon as possible. Why waste the energy?

I tend to be more patient and open to people who aren't that intellectual, or who hold common misconceptions on topics I'm knowledgeable about, or who say things that I think are just plain stupid. I can get pretty damn:doh:at times, but I still maintain hope that if I keep hanging around them I can eventually find something I can enjoy or relate to. I think it's because I've been isolated for a long time and I want to make any connections I can.

I have almost infinite patience for people who might not be intellectual, but are open to new ideas, and are kind.

I think I like to be nicer to others and considerate of the feelings of strangers than most of my type. And although I tend to be unconventional I do like to be liked (or impress others) not to the point of changing my lifestyle but enough to go though pains to avoid being obnoxious or otherwise standing out in a rude manner to strangers I will likely never see again.

I have a hard time at saying "No" to people I know.

I also believe in God (although I think there is also a fair amount of BS in the judeo-christian bibles)

Yes to all of the above. I think about others' feelings to a fault.

Let's see, what else? I was kind of a teacher-pleaser in school, and was self-motivated to make good grades. I've read on some INTP profiles that they hate school and often don't care about grades at all, ending up with a terrible GPA even though they were intelligent. I adored school. I'd still be there if I could.

I don't seem to have the same fascination for metal and electronica that many INTPs do. I find both highly annoying.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have and always had a strong moral codex being a master at categorizing people into Good or Evil. When the Bush administration talked about the Axis of Evil, I was deeply hurt :D.

Joking aside, this moral intrest has been fueled lately thru my partnership with my INFJ, but before that it was present aswell. I first of all thought of me to be more like an entj, cause I like in that regards to step up for friends who are treated unfair by others. But I dont find neither Ni, Te nor Se in me, so I gave up on that.

I am pretty sure today, I am a typical entp, I am still tho very subjective in my feelings and share some things, which would be more attributed to enfps.

Overall I have the most characteristics of an entp: I am polemic, there isnt one mechnical or electrical device on the world I cant fix, I contradict myself, I avoid to be judgemental before I havent considered every view on a thing, I have in comparism a very huge d.. neck... :D

I dont consider myself to be a great thinker, I needed to learn a lot about systematic thinking and had to bring a lot of structure into the chaos that was me. I became quiet good at math first time at University. Before that time I hadnt really developed what I today would call Ti. I always had a knack for all systems mechanical or electrical and for physics in general but I never really invested much time into learning all the details.

My major courses in school were german and english literature and after school I went into studieing mechanical engineering, which is a very uncommon thing to happen. Normally engineers choosed physics and math at school and because I didnt, I had to work up on a lot the first years at University.

Nowadays with my University years coming to an end, I more become the person I once were, I am finding old intrests back and I can more easily enjoy it today. When I was young, I was like what you'ld call an emo today, we called it gothics back then. I had a long black coat and one day I even tried out kohl :D ( which nearly costed me an eye ). I was a very frightening persona and tended to scare people away, though all I was looking for was closeness and understanding. So a typical puberty. I have written a lot of things back then, to tell my thoughts at least to paper and people were expecting from me to become an author. This changed tho, I changed and I've lost many old friends.

That is when I talk about having lived in many universes, my whole life went from one phase to the next and the only thing that remained was unhappiness.

In this regards my choice of study was good because it brought me myself the thing I could outlive all my talents in and the thing I really can enjoy. Therefore I am quite conviced that Ti is the right thing to describe me. On the other hand, maturity and a thing to live for, have brought me the stability to deal with my sometimes hypersensitive emotions. With which I nearly even teared apart my whole family when I tried to show them what where and when they are unsensitive about things.

having found a girl, who sees the world like I do, was the biggest luck I could have on that way.

So to end this not to dramatically:

"How did Leibniz found out about the binary system ?"
"While talking to his wife: yes..no...no...yes...yes...no..." :D

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
From what I've actually seen of stereotypical male INFPs on the forum I don't think I'm very different at all, cultural differences aside. I tend not to write as much, I guess. Maybe a little less open about how seriously I take myself. Sexier.

:thinking:

Yeah, that's all I've got.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I posted this in the Type-Defying Behavior thread, but here it is again, for what it's worth.

INFJs are supposedly not good with detail-oriented work or money management; I am good with both.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have the strength to fight and the softness to catch

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
From what I've actually seen of stereotypical male INFPs on the forum I don't think I'm very different at all, cultural differences aside. I tend not to write as much, I guess. Maybe a little less open about how seriously I take myself. Sexier.

:thinking:

Yeah, that's all I've got.

Yeah.

You take yourself waaaay too seriously. :whistling:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quieter, lower energy, high Te