• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you different from the typical representative of your type

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
That reminds me... I'm more traditional and authoritarian than ENTPs usually are, mostly because I see practical value in traditional morality. I'm also somewhat fond of routines.

You come across as an SJ more than you don't.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could be ISFJ, but I don't really think I'm an introvert (and the only extrovert type that fits is ENTP). And I should qualify my last statement: 1) I don't actually apply traditional mores (or follow any rules at all unless convenient) to my own life. Fuck that, that's meant for controlling the masses. and 2) I was actually an ethical nihilist for the longest time. it's only recently that I saw some very decent practical arguments in favor of tradition and went with those.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
My F is fairly weak given my type, it doesnt really engage unless its in person, and intense. I usually dont like to humor peoples emotions that I find to be stupid or based on something stupid because its too easy for me to over-care and confuse what they are feeling with what I am feeling. so I think not caring is a sort of defense mechanism I developed over the years to protect my rather weak and feeble emotions internally from having other people trample all over them with their emotions. As such I think my Ti plays a more prominent role in my cognitive function order then my Fe should be.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not a very touchy feely person. I don't like hugs. And especially don't want to be touched (even if it's just a handshake) by people I don't know. It's not a germ-o-phob thing either... I just don't like people touching me that I don't know.

For a J, my desk looks like a disaster zone... as does my bedroom... I'm definitely not a clean freak....

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not a very touchy feely person. I don't like hugs. And especially don't want to be touched (even if it's just a handshake) by people I don't know. It's not a germ-o-phob thing either... I just don't like people touching me that I don't know.

For a J, my desk looks like a disaster zone... as does my bedroom... I'm definitely not a clean freak....
Maybe you're ESFP, or ESTP? I've heard about ESPs having personal space issues -- possibly because Se makes them hyper-sensitive to unwanted contact.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I could be ISFJ, but I don't really think I'm an introvert (and the only extrovert type that fits is ENTP). And I should qualify my last statement: 1) I don't actually apply traditional mores (or follow any rules at all unless convenient) to my own life. Fuck that, that's meant for controlling the masses. and 2) I was actually an ethical nihilist for the longest time. it's only recently that I saw some very decent practical arguments in favor of tradition and went with those.

fwiw, i think you're right in typing yourself ENTP.

what you've said here is pretty true for me too, just on a Fi basis - i don't actually apply traditional stuff unless it's appealing to me and aligns okay with my values. i love the idea of group ceremony, and tradition is valuable to me because it brings people together and helps us see across time/space/cultural differences (plus it's usually aesthetic/fun), not really so much because it's the safe, reliable, or trusted way to do things.

from my experience living with two INTPs, i think Ti ends up looking like J, especially SJ sometimes, but when you get to the core of it, the motivations are different.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
I've actually got sort of a domineering personality; I'm also pretty analytical. I don't dwell on negative things. I'm not really a fluffy bunny person. I'm definitely very motivated and always arrive to places early, never late.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I don't usually do things because "that's how it's always been done". I hate a lot of social "norms". I question everything. A lot of ISTJs bug me.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I often read that ISTJs aren't very affectionate, but I'm very touchy-feely and verbally expressive with the people I love. My Fi is fairly strong and I enjoy fantasy and imagination. Also over-the-top cutesy things with sparkles and bubbles and colours. I am definitely ISTJ, but it's like my ISTJ-ness is closer to the surface and more to do with how I function and appear in the external world, but it's not necessarily how I am deeper down.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^In that aspect (of being not so affectionate normally), I do fit the stereotype. :D

redacted

I'm a lot friendlier than most INTPs.

Maybe I'm an ENTP actually.

I think I'm gonna change my type to xNTP.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
^In that aspect (of being not so affectionate normally), I do fit the stereotype. :D

Oh, I'm not very affectionate with most people most of the time, like, I don't easily hug people (unless the other is like that or I think the other would respond well to it, I am ok with going along with it, I have learned to relax more with that kind of thing, lol), but yeah, with those close to me, I am really affectionate.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not your stereotypical ENFP coz I tend to be less able to get shit done than most. Te is definitely one of my handicaps. I also tend to be bigger on the emphasis on Fi in comparison to my kin, as they let their Ne usually run around more freely than I do these days.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I don't think I really look like an INTP. I blow the whole VI typing thing out of the water. Gish mentioned once, "Jock looks like he's going to come up and brofist you, but then he starts talking about how plants use properties of quantum entanglement during photosynthesis."

I hate being late to things. If I'm late I just won't go. More of a social phobia than anything else.

I tend not to get in to too many debates,
simply because I evaluate how the open the third party is to understanding and learning, and if I think they're just there to listen to themselves/confirm their own opinions I won't even bother, since I know how it will go.

I'm sure there are others.

rofl!! ME TOO!!!!!

I'm either ALWAYS late , so I stay home, or end up HAVING to go and get humiliated by the professors. ><
Last semester, I think I made it to a total of 10 classes. :laugh: ( I LIVE on campus btw)

social events, I don't really care if I'm late or not, no one is paying enough attention to care! : D

OH and like KDUDE mentioned. . . "art" is not usually an ENTJ thing.. ( I haven't noticed it to be so). and I'm always sitting here, drawing my azz off : P

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I love deadlines.
I need a regular work shedule. Appointments which fall out of that structure I'll forget. I've never been too late to my lessons. I've forgotten more teacher meetings than I can count.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
My F is fairly weak given my type, it doesnt really engage unless its in person, and intense. I usually dont like to humor peoples emotions that I find to be stupid or based on something stupid because its too easy for me to over-care and confuse what they are feeling with what I am feeling. so I think not caring is a sort of defense mechanism I developed over the years to protect my rather weak and feeble emotions internally from having other people trample all over them with their emotions. As such I think my Ti plays a more prominent role in my cognitive function order then my Fe should be.

Ummmmm ENTP? :shock:

I think a lot of INFJ's don't really differ from their peers, the literature's just got it all wrong. I remember reading here on these forums how many INFJ's see themselves as 'people who think like INT's who don't want to hurt people's feelings'. A lot of the INFJ 'differences' I'm reading here really match up to that.

Anyways, how am I different? I'm definitely more T than others in the sense that I am now willing to say 'the truth' without worrying about hurting people's feelings THAT much. I'll be tactful about it though. I'm also finding it easier to not get offended when people do the same in return, probably because of my philosophy background (it's a blood sport I tell you!). I also value logic a lot, probably more than other ENFP's (although ENFP's aren't that illogical really). Interestingly enough, I don't actually think my Ti or Te is any stronger than other ENFP's, not quite sure how these 2 facts are supposed to correlate.

My Ni is also stronger than most. I'm confident that I'm Ne dom and I'm sure that I have a strong Fi, but I'm not even sure if my Fi is stronger than my Ni. I have a really obvious N preference :)