• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

T being better than F

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
What's serious here is that folk typologists have an irrational attachment to their views. In fact, their committment is so intense that its comparable to the committment of multi-million dollar businesses to their primary source of revenue.

I'd think that such dogmatism is dangerous on some level, however, its perils are more comparable to other consequences of a narrow-minded attitude rather than to natural disasters such as global warming.

I agree that the emotional attachment does come at the expense of something very serious, but not quite as serious as global warming. The dangers of folk typology consists in its dogmatism and that kind of a peremptory attitude resembles the attitude of Oil-Drilling companies; that can be dangerous in many different ways, however, the perils of a steadfast attitude don't have to entail global warming or any other similar catastrophe.

A practice does not need to be as grave as global warming to be considered dangerous, the comparison of folk typologists was to the attitude of Oil-Drilling companies and not to the natural consequences of their business.

One can easily find many, many posts by SW (or 'bluewing') that make hostile statements about infps, all thinly veiled by the same old patina of pedantic tone, but none with any hint as to source material.
And as everything you rail against with regard to 'folk typology' is questionable because it is unsupported opinion, I conclude that you are a folk typologist.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What's a folk typologist? xD

this?
Irish%20Folk%20Festival-XXL-Box.jpg

& Thanks for your answers everyone ^^

Jaguar

That's not true. An irrational attachment to your views is one thing that you need to be a folk typologist, but not the only thing. Therefore, the fact that I may have an irrational attachment to some of my views does not make me a folk typologist.

You're a folk typologist, deal with it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm an Old Folks Typologist, I go round to resthomes and tell them they're all ENTPs.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I'm an Old Folks Typologist, I go round to resthomes and tell them they're all ENTPs.

ROFL

"You young SJ whippersnappers have things far too easy! In my day, our company bosses put toe tags on us!"

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ROFL

"You young SJ whippersnappers have things far too easy! In my day, our company bosses put toe tags on us!"

and then try to sell them turbo-charged motorized scooters so they can have races.

Frank

Okay Patches, this is just for you. My Dad is possibly ISXJ, probably T but I never rule out F on anyone. Both my Dad and I have quit jobs in our lifetimes because the men we were dealing with had no integrity - frigging scumbags. The money meant nothing to us, because we don't sell out our integrity for any price. One day I was talking with Dad about thinking with your head and your heart. I asked him which he does, and his answer was my own- BOTH.

I brought up one of his melodramatic moments, earlier in his life, when he quit working for a large company, and I asked him how he decided. He pointed to his heart and said, "My heart told me the president was a piece of shit, and my head told me to tell him to shove it up his ass!" :D

As far as I am concerned if someone can't use both their head and their heart together, their decisions will be utter garbage.

Well said

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that F dominant people gradually become aware as they mature that they can be hurt - you might say - "too easily", being sensitive. And T dominant people gradually become aware as they mature that they can hurt others "too easily", perhaps being not aware enough of others' feelings.

Either way, you have to work with what you have and hopefully MBTI helps you with that. It has helped me.

I know that's simplistic, but it's the best way I can think of to boil this down to a short answer.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I hesitated to open this thread because I thought it was about Ts being on an F-bashing tour.

I've been told too many times that I should listen to my heart rather than to try to understand. I tried. Honestly, I tried and failed and felt totally miserable.
I can't be happy unless I'm searching for truth rather than for beauty or happiness.
I learnt the hard way that I was a real T and not an F who had cast her feelings aside.

Now I'm very surprised to see Feelers thinking the opposite! Why? I can see lots of arguments in favour of Thinking: the objectivity, bluntness which avoids misunderstandings,...
But then again I can see as many arguments in favour of Feeling. Emotions are a strong motivator for action. You've got an instinctive, well, feeling, for people and relations: whether to trust somebody, how to react on bad news...

If you worry that sensitiveness scares away people, you're thinking too much. My very T husband wants to hide whenever something social or emotion-related comes up. He's so afraid he will mess it up and cause rifts or bad feelings...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey
I don't really know how to say it =X
But it seems like many F think that being T is better than being F...
So it seems you've picked up on the online MBTI narrative. It isn't so much the F's from what I've seen. I wouldn't ever type as a T myself.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I use both T and F to make my decisions. What is the big deal?

Me too...Like a BOSS!!

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c"]Boss[/youtube]

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
wtf.

T is good for something F is good for something.

Using both will make you better than using one most of the time. Actually you don't really decide, you just use them.

T and F are equal to me.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Grass is always greener. I know T's who wish they could connect as easily to their loved ones the ways F's do naturally without much effort, although they wouldnt ever admit it. I at times wish I was a T, just because it would be so much easier then dealing with the constant onslaught of emotional turbulence.

redacted

Saying T is better than F strikes me as somewhat silly. Everyone needs a good amount of both.

What good is T if you don't know what's important to you? You'd just analyze stuff you don't care about.
What good is F if you don't know what is true? You'd make value-conclusions about stuff that might not even exist.

Both should be used to filter through the unconscious. F throws away unimportant things, T throws away untrue things. If you didn't do one of those two things, you'd have a major problem.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey
I don't really know how to say it =X
But it seems like many F think that being T is better than being F
And that like they think that being T is in every way easier than being F and that they dont like being F.
& if F was super nice friendly and T jerk that has no emotions, so Mrs. F would like to become Mrs. T...
while the opposite does not happend? o_O

Get it? o_O
So am I a moron who has hallucinations or is it true?

Note: Sorry about the big amount of "and like you know the thingy watermelon" . I'm jealous of whoever has writing skills. :yes:

Not if you're a chick. Chicks are expected to be F.

Oh and I might be an F, but I get a lot of shhiit for not putting people/morals first or being "insensitive" or "ruthless".

master-G

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
7w8
& if F was super nice friendly and T jerk that has no emotions, so Mrs. F would like to become Mrs. T...
[/QUOTE]

Being a T doesnt mean you dont have emotions. Emotions aren't functions.