• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New type calculator with explanations -- Calculate your type!

redacted

Just finished writing a new version of my calculator, complete with explanations of all the scales.

Here ya go.

Please just do me a favor and play around with it for a sec! All comments welcome and appreciated.

It lists all the percentages for functions, and all possible types consistent with the slider positions. It also explains what the slider positions mean.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
Interesting, it had me leaning towards INTJ until I specified a little more (F+T) than (N+S), and then it placed me correctly at INFP. It's interesting to me because I have Asperger's which can sometimes manifest some INTJ tendencies. Early on, it had me at INFJ or ENFP, which I can frequently look/act like to others.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's easy to use and it works. I like it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's cool, but it gave me ESFP because I related far more to N + S rather than F + T. I am a perceiver afterall.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I got ENTP, INTP, ESTP, and ISTP...That's usually what I test in with everything else, anyway.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I found a small bug.

If I go all of these in their maxes

T+F -> T N -> Fi Ti Ne Si

It gives INTP or ISTP, even though ISTP should'nt come up at all, and if I lower the T+F from =-10 to -9. ISTP dissappears. So there seems to be a bug when you max out the slides somewhere.

Or am I wrong in my assumption? In reality I relate to somewhere in the center of the TF-SN slide though. Both sides come into play for me.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I got ENFP!
Yay :D

Thanks for the explainations, I finally got Ti lol

Qre:us

My result: INTJ ENTP

There were some issues with word choices and a few places re: how you described it. May be back later to give my thoughts on those. But, for now.....

It's relevant to me. Probably moreso ENTP INXJ

I often fall into what I call my "in the zone" mode, INTJ, when I have been overwhelmed by Ne. Burn-out. Ti can't keep up. Need to re-energize with some time out. Hyper-introversion. I also have high preference for falling back on Ni or interchangeably switching from Ne to Ni perspectives.

I have this thought that when a preference manifests itself too strongly, for too long a time, then, my mind needs a break (as my mind can honestly exhaust me sometimes - too much external stimuli, too go-go-go). Thus, to instintually shut it off/surpress it, for a while, maybe it automatically turns to its mirror opposite as a crutch? Ne/Ni.

:thinking:

KDude

It's relevant to me.

I think it's cool :) I got INFP.. But there's another "mode" I have, and I guess I'm connecting with F (Fe?). I like to be relevant sometimes.. If that's what it is. And my question to that is, why wouldn't I? The world isn't perfect, but..umm.. well, so what. That's what I have to say sometimes. Either I'm an expressive INFP or something else (an ENFJ who likes solitude more than usual or a weird ESFJ).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got INTP....I'm not crazy about the T/F distinction. I think about truth a lot, but I am Fi-dom. In many ways, I relate much more to Ti than Fe, so lumping both Fs together often makes me test T.

KDude

I got INTP....I'm not crazy about the T/F distinction. I think about truth a lot, but I am Fi-dom. In many ways, I relate much more to Ti than Fe, so lumping both Fs together often makes me test T.

Yeah, maybe people can have certain "pulls" towards other functions. I feel the pull toward "Fe" quite often, but... sometimes it kind of annoys me (and eventually exhausts me)..whatever it is.. maybe it's not Fe. I think it is though.

I think Fi deals with "truth" plenty :) I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Qre:us

I think it's cool :) I got INFP.. But there's another "mode" I have, and I guess I'm connecting with F (Fe?). I like to be relevant sometimes.. If that's what it is. And my question to that is, why wouldn't I? The world isn't perfect, but..umm.. well, so what. That's what I have to say sometimes. Either I'm an expressive INFP or something else (an ENFJ who likes solitude more than usual or a weird ESFJ).

:yes:

That makes sense.

Randomly taking a shot at theorizing: Sometimes, you just may want to kind of check back against, bounce back, with the outside world about whether your feelings are relevant [perhaps, appropriate].....get out of your "own head"....when your feelings may overwhelm you. Too much swimming in one's own, private emotional reactions and evaluations, re-evaluations of its personal significance, personal values.

So, kind of finding relief through reaching out with Fe. Still preferring to evaluate through "values" (F) but needing it externally grounded [outside "own head"] once in a while - thus perhaps Fe. And still primarily identify with INFP.

I had the same issue.

I would have used: "F is about whether something is right or appropriate, T is about whether something is correct or implementable." [rather than "good", "true" and "feasible"]

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I got ENTP, and I felt the results were fairly accurate even with the Ti/Te part. I always felt myself pretty balanced on it, so when I push it to Te just a smidgeon I get ENFP.

F = 9% , Fi: 6.8%, Fe: 2.3%
T = 21%, Ti: 8.4%, Te: 12.6%
N = 56%, Ni: 16.8%, Ne: 39.2%
S = 14%, Si: 5.6%, Se: 8.4%

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think what messes up the overall process is the scale of overall S v N and T v F. If you agree with a function Ne but the above scale isn't in the N range (perhaps this is where the wording comes in) you receive strange results. Like an ESTJ who use Ne more than the other functions, which doesn't fit with the logic of functions. This is just a thought, I'm not sure if it's valid, but it's a hunch. Like those who make connections with experiences, would still in this scales eyes be S even though the act of connecting experiences is seen more as Ne, which correlates with NP's though this person may prefer experiences more than ideas. Does this make sense?

I do like this idea though. Please continue improving it!

I got INTP btw. Boarding ISTP, apparently my Ni is higher on this scale than normal.

Noon

ISFP and ISFJ again. I like this calculator, but the generalized explanations make it more difficult for me to choose. I think that this is because I'm so inclined to both. I feel non-ISFJ around ISFJs but not SP enough around ISFPs.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
It's cool, but it gave me ESFP because I related far more to N + S rather than F + T. I am a perceiver afterall.

Exact same situation I had except INTP/ENTP instead of ISFP/ESFP.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unsurprisingly enough, I got INFJ, which means my results were accurate. I had trouble understanding what you meant with the T + F vs. N + S pair-off, though, and ended up just leaving it alone.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I misunderstood some of the scales at first, so I wondered why I got the result ESTP.

Perhaps you could mark the ends of the scale more clearly? Perhaps align thing x to left border of the box, thing y on the right, so it will be absolutely clear who the scale is aligned.

Otherwise, it seems to be a functional calculator allright.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm impressed, but I have three concerns:
1. I didn't really follow the description of Ti and Fi you gave. 'good' doesn't make sense to me.
2. I think it needs some kind of guide to how far you should generally pull a scale. I used 1 2 or 3 to be weak, medium or strong respectively, other people seem to max it out or something, and I bet there are all sorts of other ways to do it. There's 21 different spots you can put the slider isn't there?
3. Since it is done by displacing one scale relative to another, shouldn't the scales be placed one on top of the other? That way it would be clearer which you believe is highest or not.

I got XNTP, INTP if I move it one way, ENTP if I move it one the other.