• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In order, types you would want to be from most to least.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
This is mainly for fun, but also let's see if there's a pattern. I don't recall seeing another one that'd cover all the options.

Top: ENTP
ENFP
ENTJ
ENFJ
INTJ

Middle: INFJ
ESTP
INTP
ISTP
ESTJ

Bottom: ISFJ
ISFP
ESFP
ISTJ
ESFJ

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I Like Ns and Js. More so Ns than J if I had to choose. But I do love the ISFJ despite the S, so it's in my top 6.

Types that I like the most...
1.ENFJ
2.INFJ
3.ENTJ
4.INTJ
5.INFP
6.ISFJ

Eh, and those other types...
7.ENFP
8.ESTJ
9.ESTP
10.ISFP
11.ESFP
12.INTP
13.ISTJ
14.ISTP

Types that I really never want to be...
15.ENTP
16.ESFJ

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
what is the point of this? i mean really. i've read like 5 threads like this and no one's ever really found a pattern besides tendency towards one's favorite functions, and Feelers suspecting that Thinkers have it better.

it would just seem to stir animosity and establish self-perpetuating stereotypes in one's head. not to mention, you can only really rank the types based on people you've typed according mainly to assumptions and profile generalizations. to be an any-other-type-you, you would be... well, not you. you wouldn't have your preferences anymore. so the whole question is really moot.

also it pisses me off that esfj always gets hated on.

</rant>

not to hurt feelings. it just comes off as a study in who's-better-than-who.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is mainly for fun, but also let's see if there's a pattern. I don't recall seeing another one that'd cover all the options.

Top: ENTP
ENFP
ENTJ
ENFJ
INTJ

Middle: INFJ
ESTP
INTP
ISTP
ESTJ

Bottom: ISFJ
ISFP
ESFP
ISTJ
ESFJ

Where would you rank yourself on the scale?

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
what is the point of this? i mean really. i've read like 5 threads like this and no one's ever really found a pattern besides tendency towards one's favorite functions, and Feelers suspecting that Thinkers have it better.

it would just seem to stir animosity and establish self-perpetuating stereotypes in one's head. not to mention, you can only really rank the types based on people you've typed according mainly to assumptions and profile generalizations. to be an any-other-type-you, you would be... well, not you. you wouldn't have your preferences anymore. so the whole question is really moot.

</rant>

I don't think it is. It's just someones opinion. And I do like the ESFJ alot, I just would never want to be one. And all types are equal (In my opinion) it's the person that defines the person, not the type. And I don't know if this is just my inner narcasicm, but I like being an INFJ. I wouldn't want to change it.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx

</rant>

I dont she means it in that way (to stir up drama), its more for fun like what she said in her initial post :).

But I feel you though, Im tired of people ENFJ bashing...it might be the reason why they dont post her much :(. We arent all bad!!! geesh... anyway. MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE!!!!! Tootles...

chelsea

MBTI Type
INFJ
I dont she means it in that way (to stir up drama), its more for fun like what she said in her initial post :).

But I feel you though, Im tired of people ENFJ bashing...it might be the reason why they dont post her much :(. We arent all bad!!! geesh... anyway. MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE!!!!! Tootles...

I can't say I know any ENFJ's for sure, but what I read about them I really like.

I can't come up with a list of types I'd like to be because I can see things I like in all of them. I do like being an INFJ though and I can't say I would want to change it.

I've tested as INFP on a test or two and there's a lot about INFP's that I really like. Although I'm pretty sure I'm an INFJ there are quite a few things about INFP's that I really relate to.

Even though I really like being intuitive I wouldn't mind trying out being a sensor.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I like the lot of types, finding all sorts of examples everywhere. I've used already quite a lot of them in my stories, both in good and evil roles.
For my own type, I prefer:

1) ENTP
2) INTP
3) ENFP
4) ISTP
5) ISFP
6) ESTJ
7) ESFJ
8) ISFJ
9) ISTJ
10) ESTP
11) ESFP
12) INFP
13) ENTJ
14) ENFJ
15) INTJ
16) INFJ

First NPs, then SJs mixed with SPs, lastly the NJs.
The INFP one... I'm sorry INFPs. Logically this one should be fourth on my list, but I've had some bad experience believing I was an INFP and trying to act like it... I know you guys are awesome but I just don't want to be one. This has been decided by emotion, not by logic, and I guess you'll understand that.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we have done this before, but hey, at a certain point, threads will be repeated :D

I pretty much would stay a Fi-dom or NF, because it's what I know. I didn't include INFP, since I already am one.

Top: ISFP
INFJ
INTP
ENFJ
ENFP

Middle: INTJ
ISTP
ISTJ
ENTJ
ESTP

Bottom: ESFP
ENTP
ISFJ
ESFJ
ESTJ

KDude

ISFJ
ENFJ
ENTJ
ENTP
ESTJ
INTJ

Yeah, I don't know. All types are cool, so I don't favor anything. It's just that more "J" or creativity in the way those types are would be at the top of the list (because I lack a lot of that). Somehow though I've managed to inhabit some behavior of other Fi types or even a little TP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And all types are equal (In my opinion) it's the person that defines the person, not the type.

yeah, i think the intentions are good. i don't mean to hate.

i just feel like rankings make more people end up feeling bad or annoyed than is worth any positive conclusions that they draw. what does your type frequently being at the bottom of people's lists connote? that your perspective is less valuable, that your life is less worth living...

hence i find it to be a type of generalization that breeds more negativity than positivity. ranking others is not my idea of "fun".

i'll leave this thread alone now, unless others desire to take the idea up with me. and do forgive me if it was a potential Fi over-reaction, but i have been away for hours and still feel similarly, so i do not think so. i believe we should be attuned to weighing potential gain against potential hurt when playing games that involve others.

Noon

Top: INTJ
ISFP
ISTP

How I may or may not order the remaining 13 is irrelevant to me. As someone who absolutely revels in the world of fantasy, I would love ISP tertiary relief and INJ inner vision. The INTJ's layout -- NiTeFiSe -- is almost perfect [in my opinion, of course]. To me it implies getting things done, a strict adherence to one's own personal vision, and a solid enough invulnerability to social criticism. The perceptiveness, the bluntness, the "single-minded"ness, the fierce determination, and of course the Te POWAA! :)laugh:), make this my ideal aspirational type. I certainly wouldn't mind trying it on.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I am not bothered by these threads.

Most people put INTJ near the top, anyway.

And, if they don't, I could really give a damn.

If you let something that insignificant affect your self-worth: well, you've got problems...

Anyway, for me:

INTJ
ENFJ
ESTP
ENTP
ENTJ
ISTJ

ENFP
ESFP
ISTP

INFP
INFJ
ISFP
INTP
ISFJ
ESFJ
ESTJ

pseudoku

MBTI Type
xNTp
favorites: entp and intp.

least favorites: istj and esfp. i have lots of istj friends, but i wouldn't want to be like them. esfps can annoy me...if i'm sober.

i wouldn't really like to be an F or an S... i really like my NT :p

Havane

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
As long as no one starts type bashing, I'm fine with this thread. Not wanting to be a certain type isn't the same as disliking it. Like Zarathustra, I would not be offended if someone put INTJ as the type they'd least like to be.

Top: INTJ
INFJ
INTP
ENFP
ENTJ

Middle: INFP
ISFP
ENTP
ISFJ
ENFJ

Bottom: ISTJ
ESFJ
ESFP
ESTP
ESTJ

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no desire to be any type other than my own. I hope I would think the same, regardless of which type I were. This just means I'm comfortable being me, though I can still "try on" or slip into adjacent types as needed.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find these kind of interesting - though there is the possibility for major hating, which isn't so good.

But the problem is, there are a few types that as an INFJ I don't feel I get along particularly well with/feel very comfortable around, so in that respect I wouldn't want to "be them." On the other hand..."being them" seems to be easier and more fun or whatever than being INFJ?! So I'm never sure how to answer.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop

</rant>

I never followed those threads from page one to thirty so I wasn't aware that they became hate-threads. I was curious what functions people related to/preferred more based on their own, etc etc. It's just mere personal, vague curiosity. If some people want to take offense, sorry, if not, post your picks. Join, don't join. :shrug:

I don't hate ESFJs or find them worthless. My best friend for a decade is one. It's just that ESFJ is far from an INFP regarding temperament and ideals, in my personal, biased opinion.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
  1. ESFP
  2. ESTP
  3. ENFP
  4. INFP
  5. INTP
  6. INFJ
  7. ISFP