• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In order, types you would want to be from most to least.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. ENTJ
2. ENTP
3. ESTP
4. INTJ
5. ISTP
6. ENFP
7. INTP
8. ISTJ
9. ESTJ
10. INFP
11. ENFJ
12. INFJ
13. ISFJ
14. ESFJ
15. ISFP
16. ESFP

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
yeah, i think the intentions are good. i don't mean to hate.

i just feel like rankings make more people end up feeling bad or annoyed than is worth any positive conclusions that they draw. what does your type frequently being at the bottom of people's lists connote? that your perspective is less valuable, that your life is less worth living...

hence i find it to be a type of generalization that breeds more negativity than positivity. ranking others is not my idea of "fun".

i'll leave this thread alone now, unless others desire to take the idea up with me. and do forgive me if it was a potential Fi over-reaction, but i have been away for hours and still feel similarly, so i do not think so. i believe we should be attuned to weighing potential gain against potential hurt when playing games that involve others.

I agree with those wise words :]
You shall now grow big long white hair and big long with beard. (And why not a sexy stache ;D)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On the other hand, it's interesting to see if people of the same types have similar thoughts about other types. Comparing and studying the results could turn out to be quite interesting.

Although admittedly, people tend to answer these things based on a limited experience pool and are highly subjective in their assumptions which makes any attempt to reach any form of solid conclusion a mere illusion.

But it's nice to dream sometimes, isn't it?

I personally find it very hard to make such a list. I'm very content with being INTP and don't really want to be any other type.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. ENTP
2. INTJ
3. ENFJ
4. ENTJ
5. INTP
6. INFP
7. ENFP
8. INFJ
9. ESTP
10. ISTJ
11. ISTJ
12. ESTJ

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think I'm precise enough to rank all sixteen.

I would most want to be INTJ or ENTJ. They're just exude far more confidence than I and they get more stuff done. ENTP would be cool too but ranked slightly lower because of they tend not to get as much done. But they're probably more fun to be around than the NTJs.

Next most want: ENFP. Love their creativity and enthusiasm and their way with making people feel good.

ISTP sounds cool too. Calm in a crisis, have the dominant Ti like I do but way better at all the Se stuff and more realistic. I don't know that I'd want to trade INTP for ISTP but it would be fun for awhile.

Least want: INFP. More than any other type, they have to swim upstream the most, at least that's how it seems in American society. I think often they're overlooked by others, struggle with confidence, struggle with depression, probably because of the pressures put upon them. INFP would probably be better in another society that valued those functions more.

Other the other hand, ESTJ would be my second least desirable type, even though they have all the letters that seem desired in American society. Probably because theres so many of them that they don't really stand out and they seem rather uptight and unimaginative.

Third least would be ISFJ, which is too bad because ISFJs are such nice people. The ones I know anyway. Blame the profiles for making them sound like uncreative, anxiety prone people, who often neglect their own needs.

I'd rank my own type somewhere in the middle.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm curious about people putting types other than their own on top. Why would you wish to change the basis of how you think? I couldn't imagine myself having a different thinking pattern. That would cease to be me. There are no benefits/shortcomings due entirely to type. You could change more superficial parts of yourself to accomplish anything a different type would provide.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I want to be myself. I really don't care what external metrics people apply to me or to themselves.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
I'm curious about people putting types other than their own on top. Why would you wish to change the basis of how you think? I couldn't imagine myself having a different thinking pattern. That would cease to be me. There are no benefits/shortcomings due entirely to type. You could change more superficial parts of yourself to accomplish anything a different type would provide.
I always want to change how I think. To me, that is successful living, learning, and growing.