• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Only one function can be in control of consciousness at a time

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Then what do consistent results on tests throughout time suggest? You're always the same? But we always change... Weird.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There's so much love in this thread I can't stand it.

Jaguar

Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya
O Lord Kumbaya

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I agree with the statement, but I think the other functions might enter in a support role even if they are not in charge. I believe that the inferior function (the fourth) enters only occasionally and once developed still prefers the subconscious to the ego. What is often misrepresented is that the any function entering the conscious driving seat can be a negative or a positive experience, it is, simply an experience.

I also do believe that the core personality/ego really is defined by a persons Hero with it's associated dominant function and dominant attitude.

I'm still in debate with myself if regarding the functionality of the Peur when it is in the driving seat or when other functions are in the driving seat, for example:

intjcognition5.PNG

Could as easily have a different attitude on the tertiary if the dominant has an extreme attitude at that particular time:

intjcognition4.PNG

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Are you feeling the love?

I am. ;)

We have tendencies (i.e., not determinations) that will direct our libido in certain directions.

The probabilities for these tendencies are influenced by our genetics, and by our past experiences/decisions.

Whichever direction our libido goes is not determined, but is probabilistically weighted, and therefore whatever functions we use are not determined, but are simply probabilistic; as such, we do not necessarily hold rigidly to a particular type's functional set at all times.

However, for some people (perhaps even most), the probability-weightings are such that they rarely deviate from their "basal" functional set (i.e., the set of functions associated with the highest probability weightings on an individual's various axes: S vs. N, T vs. F, E vs. I).

As such, and even in cases where people deviate occasionally from their "basal" type, people generally tend to display, over the long run, characteristics of a particular type, or, possibly, a hybrid type (which occurs when the probability weightings on one or more of the axes is relatively close to 50%).

How's that for self-righteous?

:cheese:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Comment on INTJ Anima/Animus,

@Zathrusthra, @Highlander, @etc.

I have been trawling through my past memories of Se breakthroughs and have discovered it is quite defining, often finding myself semi absurdly doing things such as thinking 'she would look good in rainbow shocks/power suit/high heels/dress' etc. almost completely out of control of my normal train of thought. Have any other INTJs experienced similar reactions to this often very close to just meeting someone with these kind of Se override switches triggering a change in attitude?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ my Se is actually quite well-developed, as I have played sports my entire life and am an extreme lover of women...

my girlfriend actually said to me last night: "even when you're in a rush, you have time to be superficial..."

i felt that drove the point home rather well... :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
^ my Se is actually quite well-developed, as I have played sports my entire life and am an extreme lover of women...

my girlfriend actually said to me last night: "even when you're in a rush, you have time to be superficial..."

i felt that drove the point home rather well... :)

My question was poorly worded, what I intended to ask is: Do you find that occasionally you project your Se onto others as a strong sensory desire that seems separate to your conscious?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My question was poorly worded, what I intended to ask is: Do you find that occasionally you project your Se onto others as a strong sensory desire that seems separate to your conscious?

:laugh: Never. I am as pure as white snow.