• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question for your Mr. BlueWing

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Additional thoughts:

Shouldn't SiFe produce a Fi effect and SeFi produce Fe? I'm not understanding what you mean when you say Fi effects. If it holds true for one I'm thinking it should hold true for the other. Are you saying this is true across the board or just with N-types? So NeTi/SeTi should look like Te and NiTe/SiTe should look like Ti (but I don't think you're going to go for that ;)).

I do think that certain function combinations mimic others so I understand general principle of what you're saying.

BTW, I'm not trying to be a smartass. I genuinely want to know what you think.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
If you say that NiFe produces a Fi effect, then shouldn't it be possible for NeFi to produce a Fe effect?

Thanks for making the answer intelligible and not 27 pages. :)

Although my knowledge is extremely limited, I would like to point to that other thread where people posted their cognitive processes results.

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ** (49.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ** (29.7)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ** (58)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ** (31.8)
good use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ** (43.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ** (34.8)
good use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ** (39.8)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ** (40.9)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ** (36.1)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ** (28)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ** (50.4)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ** (37.4)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) (35.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) (26.2)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) (41.4)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) (40.6)
excellent use

All four ENFPs who posted their scores got as high an Fe score as their Fi, often even higher.

I don't know whether that's a defect in the test or our inability to read the questions properly, but it seems like a fairly important trend.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you say that NiFe produces a Fi effect, then shouldn't it be possible for NeFi to produce a Fe effect?

Thanks for making the answer intelligible and not 27 pages. :)

Yes for both cases. However, the Si-Fe effect is more akin to the Fi observed in ISFPs rather than in INFPs.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Although my knowledge is extremely limited, I would like to point to that other thread where people posted their cognitive processes results.

All four ENFPs who posted their scores got as high an Fe score as their Fi, often even higher.

I don't know whether that's a defect in the test or our inability to read the questions properly, but it seems like a fairly important trend.

Yes thank you for pointing that out. I remember thinking this when I saw that thread and also it's part of my difficulty in telling ENFJs from ENFPs even though these types have no functions in common.

So now, I'm wondering how much of this is due to both types being extroverts and therefore picking up the language of Fe or is this something else.

Yes for both cases. However, the Si-Fe effect is more akin to the Fi observed in ISFPs rather than in INFPs.

Well, I got what I asked for!