• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality Traits and Sensing

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Consider the following list of personality traits naturally associated with sensing:

•perceiving with the five senses
•clear straightforward speech pattern
•attends to practical and factual details
•focused on actual experiences
•very in touch with physical realities
•more literal using facts and real examples
•present oriented in the moment folk
•sensible down to earth
•see little things in everyday life
•attend to step-by-step experience
•the eyes will tell the mind what is going on

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you need to seperate Se and Si there... the two are quite different from each other... :newwink:

Se is much more sensory-oriented and perceptive

Si is more interested in details and all that stuff that I have no patience with :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was going to say... I'm a Se dom who has a Si dom SO... I'm constantly reminded that Se and Si are completely different animals from one another :shock:

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know I'm probably not supposed to post anything unless I'm an expert at it, but I'm not exactly an expert on having both Se and Si...and I didn't even know that was possible. Which is probably what you were trying to say. But...can you help me understand how you can have both Se and Si?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't... I'm an ESTP with an ISTJ SO that I live with :cheese:

he never fails to notice minor details and remember them and has some freakish sensory memory thing going on :shock:

I have sharp enough senses to be certified in wine tasting and service and notice subtle changes, but fail to focus on minor details :blush:

Jaguar

I know I'm probably not supposed to post anything unless I'm an expert at it, but I'm not exactly an expert on having both Se and Si...and I didn't even know that was possible. Which is probably what you were trying to say. But...can you help me understand how you can have both Se and Si?

It's common knowledge we all have basic use of all 8 functions. What differs is the level of development you will find, from person to person.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... my Si isn't very strong, though I do have it (wanna know what wine will match your dinner pulled out of my taste memory file? :holy:)... He has freakish Si :shock: (and perfectly strong Ni as well :peepwall:)

Noon

•attend to step-by-step experience

This seems far more Si than Se. IME, Si doms will want to follow the instructions step-by-step to insure the task is completed properly, but step-by-step can initially bore me to tears. I usually will want to jump in and figure it out as I go [sometimes deciding my own way is better than the normal way]. I retreat to the instructions only when I can't figure something out on my own.

DJAchtundvierzig said:
But...can you help me understand how you can have both Se and Si?

I think Se is my more prominent sensing function, although I use Si often as well. Si in general makes me quite picky about language and spelling. It also makes it quite enjoyable for me to organize, learn the ins and outs of a favorite subject, and revisit past experiences. However, I am still dreadful at making and following routines, going through tons of detail-packed paperwork, being steady and predictable...