• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let pretend we are at a party!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i would be sitting in a corner trying not to get noticed wishing that i hadn't come. If someone talks to me, i will talk back, but will not go and start any of my own conversations. that is of course if i don't know anyone.

if its a party with all my friends it's a different story. I'm up talking to a few friends, laughing and trying to have a good time.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
This is why I often wonder if I am an 'I'. I usually head in, find a safe spot, and observe for about 45 minutes. That's usually enough time for me to establish who I should and shouldn't talk to. Then I spend the rest of the night diving into conversations for a while, returning to my safe spot, then back in to conversations. I think social situations require socializing so I try to adapt, but I am not sure what this means about my personality.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is why I often wonder if I am an 'I'. I usually head in, find a safe spot, and observe for about 45 minutes. That's usually enough time for me to establish who I should and shouldn't talk to. Then I spend the rest of the night diving into conversations for a while, returning to my safe spot, then back in to conversations. I think social situations require socializing so I try to adapt, but I am not sure what this means about my personality.

Means you're an introvert, with some good Ne :)

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That works :)

I also do the dishes when I feel like I am going to talk too much (a.k.a. saying the wrong thing at the wrong time), no matter who's house I am at for the party.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*whatever makes a mental note to invite solitary penguin over for a party ;)*

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
*whatever makes a mental note to invite solitary penguin over for a party ;)*

Please make sure it's at least Palmolive that I am dealing with, and not that generic green soap. My hands are really sensitive.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I only use high quality dish soap! ;)

(and it's apple scented! :wubbie:)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think I'm first in line for this lap dance. I shall provide pics/youtube. ;)

This party rules.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
First I'd have to decide if I'm actually going to go or not. If not I can always blame it on work.. Being on call 24/7 can have it's uses even if it's a pain in my ass when there is something I actually want to do. :D

Upon arriving the first thing I'd do is look for where the alcohol is, then a corner to hide in till I've had a few in me while searching for people I know.

I'll hang around them and try and join any conversation that may be going on till they tell me to stop standing beside them cause I make them feel uncomfortable. At which point I'll usually wander off and find somewhere to sit down and go back into observe mode.

Go into a deer caught in headlights state if whatever came over and tried to give me a lapdance. And it's not that I'd be paying attention to whatever but rather thinking about how I am now somehow the center of everyones attention and I have no clue what to do when it comes to getting out of it but I'd be frantically searching my mind looking for one.

Then I'd find a different corner to hide in while keeping a distance from anything that remotely looks like a dance floor since I can't dance at all.

After I find a corner to hide in I'll start fending off random people who come up and try and start conversations for the fear that I'll say something stupid and regret it later, only to end up doing so.

Around that time I'm at the point where all I want to do is just go home so I'll make a dash for the exit.