• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Would the World Do Without Fi?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Without Fi, YOU WOULD ALL STILL BE SAVAGES!

CIVILIZATION CAN'T FUNCTION WITHOUT FI.

We dominate all. We are like one of those seemingly unimportant, teeny tiny species who actually keeps the entire biological ecosystem together.

:harhar:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I regularly get nightmares about being estj in another life, so it'd be borderline awkward to seriously put up the house for Fi. I think it has the potential to be the most sinister, inhuman of functions, particularly in the infp, which cancels out the happily ever afters.

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
About what I said earlier, I was being impersonal, so quote it complete! And about the deathbed... I've been really close to that, and I don't regret anything, still think Fe is kind of pathetic... About the Fi savage thing... Actually, no Fe would be more likely to make us savages, but let's note that humans, actually every being in this planet... Nobody is savage by nature... Otherwise, define savage first...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
About what I said earlier, I was being impersonal, so quote it complete! And about the deathbed... I've been really close to that, and I don't regret anything, still think Fe is kind of pathetic... About the Fi savage thing... Actually, no Fe would be more likely to make us savages, but let's note that humans, actually every being in this planet... Nobody is savage by nature... Otherwise, define savage first...

haha sorry. was just trying to prevent rollover butthurt from the Fe thread.

i agree that no Fe would make us more like savages :laugh:

Fi has a rebellious streak... good thing, too. :devil:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Life would be a lot easier and less painless without Fi.
On the other hand it would be dull and boring without it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The world would be a better place without Fi or at least as an inferior function!!!!!!!!!!

:devil: Sweetheart, you wouldn't be half as adorable and datable without Fi...

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Fi is rebellious by nature... Could be both true and false... The dominant people who set the idea of "manners" (just as example) for the first time ever (yeah, probably a very long time ago), were Fi users, the emergent human emotions... And the Fe conformism submitted the others... And it could be true if you only see the present...

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
A world without Fi will be one where greedy global corporations get rich without any thought to the consequences of what they are doing.

Oh, wait a minute... :D

On a more serious note, without Fi, there will be less emotional disagreements between people. It will be one big happy human family with unanimous consensus. Whether having a Stepford Wives scenario is a good thing is a matter of debate :tongue:

magister343

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4?
A world without Fi would be one where people do not get nearly as offended, would get along with others better, would be far more objective, and would be really hard to motivate. Ti and Fe can take over for most of the good parts of Fi though.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
NTJ's would have this place running at maximum efficiency. (Our own) Fi is often the proverbial "monkey wrench" in our plans.

There would also be what I call the Highlander effect in our ranks, as we would surely be at each other's throats over dominion rights, until there is only one. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A world without Fi would be one where people do not get nearly as offended, would get along with others better, would be far more objective, and would be really hard to motivate. Ti and Fe can take over for most of the good parts of Fi though.

Lol..wow, someone really oughtto show the beautiful world that is Fi. You seem to have a rather...limited idea of it :)

Ohh I know..I'll show you mine..if you show me yours? I am kinda blind when it comes to Ti myself ;)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
guys guys Fi is so MISUNDERSTOOD :emot-emo:

though seriously sometimes i read non-Fi-dom/aux descriptions of Fi and am like wtf :thinking:

don't get too hung up on on that black-and-white thing that some profiles like to talk about... or just reducing Fi to emotion... maybe that's how it plays out as a tert/inf or shadow function but it's more nuanced in a dom/aux than that :yes:

personally i would like to understand how Ti works myself, it seems to be the most confusing function to me

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think people are just fed up with the Fi-threads, sweety. It's alright :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think people are just fed up with the Fi-threads, sweety. It's alright :)

bleh, probably.

i'm sick of hearing about how empathetic Fe is and i've only been here a month :doh:

it's hard to analyze the functions when they're so tightly tied to our identity, i guess

G

Glycerine

bleh, probably.

i'm sick of hearing about how empathetic Fe is and i've only been here a month :doh:

it's hard to analyze the functions when they're so tightly tied to our identity, i guess
Dude aren't we all? The empathy argument is stupid to me. People who don't have empathy tend to turn out to be sociopaths/psychopaths...

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It would be like a magnificent ship without a rudder.

I like this metaphor.

Expanding the metaphor: Fe is the sails of the magnificent ship.

As much as I've been participating in the other thread, I never took the premise of "A world without <choose your function>" seriously. It's as nonsensical as asking what a world without "green" would be like.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've decided my metaphor kind of sucks, a rudder is still a tool for getting things done, which isn't really Fi, no Fi is more like a magnificent ship with a nihilistic captain and crew, everyone trying to fulfill their duties to everyone else but ultimately just drifting aimlessly.