• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Female NTs

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
NT women are everywhere...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Have tits, and will bear my children whether they like it or not...lol

I have always been interested in how sex differences affect the way a personality type presents itself. Ultimately, I feel that Thinking women and Feeling men are more "balanced" than their counterparts (have a mastery of their Tertiary functions). Part of this is due to social conditioning, of course, but there are structural differences between male and female brains which undoubtedly affect the expression of personality.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have always been interested in how sex differences affect the way a personality type presents itself. Ultimately, I feel that Thinking women and Feeling men are more "balanced" than their counterparts (have a mastery of their Tertiary functions). Part of this is due to social conditioning, of course, but there are structural differences between male and female brains which undoubtedly affect the expression of personality.
Please share more on this if you have links or specific information. I have heard this claim many times, but always without any supporting evidence.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How Male and Female Brains Differ

If you want to start a new thread feel free but I don't want to debate this with you here.
Did I ask for a debate? I asked for some reference material, and the link you provided is actually not bad, for a simple WebMD page. I have read a couple of these observations before (e.g. "The corpus callosum -- the bridge of nerve tissue that connects the right and left sides of the brain -- had a thicker measurement in female fetuses than in male fetuses. "), and would like to learn more.

I probably will start a new thread when I have time to set it up.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Statistically, there are higher numbers of female Fs, because these types of temperaments are what society expects of females. Expectations to be more nurturing and eventually go onto raise our own kids. There are plenty of people who fall outside of the mold for some reason or another. One of my best friends IRL is a female INTP but other than that, I don't know many others.

They/we exist, but we are more in the background, and some may not look like your typical NT at first glance if affected by expectations.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Statistically, there are higher numbers of female Fs, because these types of temperaments are what society expects of females. Expectations to be more nurturing and eventually go onto raise our own kids. There are plenty of people who fall outside of the mold for some reason or another. One of my best friends IRL is a female INTP but other than that, I don't know many others.

They/we exist, but we are more in the background, and some may not look like your typical NT at first glance if affected by expectations.

Since I study in a field dominated by Ts, I know quite a few female Thinkers, especially STJs.
But it's true that at a first glance we may not look like your average NT. Personally, I've learnt to build a persona to help me interact with people, I had to learn to use my Fe if I didn't want to be excluded by people.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since I study in a field dominated by Ts, I know quite a few female Thinkers, especially STJs.
But it's true that at a first glance we may not look like your average NT. Personally, I've learnt to build a persona to help me interact with people, I had to learn to use my Fe if I didn't want to be excluded by people.

I definitely can relate to the persona. Well, some of it is not being a conventional NT and having high big 5 agreeableness. Ti plays a prominent role on an inner level, but what I act like outwardly/differs inwardly.

Fe has played a role since a young age even though I'm awkward with it. The role it plays comes out even more in the work place, but all of the functions need to work effectively together in order to perform effectively.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I definitely can relate to the persona. Well, some of it is not being a conventional NT and having high big 5 agreeableness. Ti plays a prominent role on an inner level, but what I act like outwardly/differs inwardly.

Fe has played a role since a young age even though I'm awkward with it. The role it plays comes out even more in the work place, but all of the functions need to work effectively together in order to perform effectively.

Exactly. As a female, you're expected to behave in a certain way, whereas for a male INTP it's not that much of a problem. So, with age, you learn to adapt.
When I was younger I used to reject anything related to Fe when it came to socializing. As a child, I only had male friends because with females it was... harder. There was something in the social rituals I couldn't understand and that made me feel annoyed.
Now, I think I've learnt to use my Fe decently on the workplace. In the beginning, it was just a deep need for belonging to a group and being in a peaceful environment. As I grew older I've learnt to actively use it, even if it needs a great amount of energy and concentration, and a lot of awkwardness from my failures. I may not be as good as an xSFJ, but I play the role of the weird girl who stands in the background, analyzes stuff, and then somehow participates in keeping the group together.
I mean, I may have been lucky that I'm a Social first in enneagram so I felt as I had to work on my Fe instead of shutting it down, though.