• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Official MBTI

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Is there a free version of the official test lurking somewhere on the net (not Keirsey's test, because a) I own his book and thus the test and b) there is one on OKCupid which is the original)?

2. For those who have taken it:
- how many questions are there?
- how does it differ from the non-official MBTI tests all over the net?
- why did you pay hundreds of dollars for it?

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I have on my computer a very basic Myers-Briggs test, with basically the same design as the Keirsey test you're familiar with. It's 50 questions long, it doesn't really differ at all from the other tests you've probably taken, and I downloaded it for free from a BBS. The file is under 50 KB and runs from DOS. The program was written in 1986, though I strongly suspect the test it features predates that.

I also have a DOS version of the Keirsey test from PUM-1, which advertises itself as superior to the original Myers-Briggs program featuring 20 questions. Both test assure me I am INTJ.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I have on my computer a very basic Myers-Briggs test, with basically the same design as the Keirsey test you're familiar with. It's 50 questions long, it doesn't really differ at all from the other tests you've probably taken, and I downloaded it for free from a BBS. The file is under 50 KB and runs from DOS. The program was written in 1986, though I strongly suspect the test it features predates that.

I also have a DOS version of the Keirsey test from PUM-1, which advertises itself as superior to the original Myers-Briggs program featuring 20 questions. Both test assure me I am INTJ.

I've got a feeling it's longer than that.

Otherwise it wouldn't make sense why Keirsey charges a small amount for his 70-question test while Myers-Briggs can charge over $300 for a 50-question one.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've got a feeling it's longer than that.

Otherwise it wouldn't make sense why Keirsey charges a small amount for his 70-question test while Myers-Briggs can charge over $300 for a 50-question one.

That sounds odd??? Though the forms cost me a certain small amount, I write off the cost as research and provide testing for my students for nothing! I only charge for the Expanded Interpretive Report because the Australian Licensees charge me just under AU$100 to process it electronically (no marking key available).

There are 131 questions in the Form M test. The only restrictions I have are that I present the results personally or online with explanations AND I will only provide the results to the person taking the test (required by CAPT) and not to any third party or where it is required by an employer. It is up to the person being tested whether they share those results or not.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure. That one I notice is using Keirsey's type names; but I don't know if the questions are the same as the original MBTI, and I don't remember what the page/test looked like.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
In this thread, there was an online test we took, that someone confirmed was the same, or at least had a lo tof the same questions:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...15-what-s-most-accurate-mbti-test-s-free.html

Only now, it seems to have been taken down, as we figured.

I'm off to get some shuteye before my full day of classes tomorrow but will have a look on Thursday and do a comparison of the MBTI questionnaire and post whether it is different or the same (unless someone else can do it in the meantime). I cannot post the questionnaire online as that would be a breach of copyright and it would lose me my license to administer the testing.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm off to get some shuteye before my full day of classes tomorrow but will have a look on Thursday and do a comparison of the MBTI questionnaire and post whether it is different or the same (unless someone else can do it in the meantime). I cannot post the questionnaire online as that would be a breach of copyright and it would lose me my license to administer the testing.

Could you send it to me by email or something?

I don't think the MBTI test is the same as the Keirsey one, and all online ones that profess to be MBTI aren't, or are Keirsey ones.