• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My typology system: 2 Letter Code instead of 4 letter

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think the 4 letter code is simply inacurate in so many ways. I am not asking for a disband of the 4 letter system, but i should be a more concise definition should the user wanted to know more about his type.

Each type should be represented by 2 letter code instead.
The highest scored 2 letters in your MBTI test should be taken out to represent your type.
Here is all my two letter code (each two letter representing a personality) types:

IS - Introverted Sensing
IT-Introverted Thinking
IN-Introverted Intuition
IF-Introverted Feeling
ES-Extroverted Sensing
ET-Extroverted Thinking
EN-Extroverted Inutition
EF-Extroverted Feeling

And here are all the types jung never listed:

EP-Extroverted Perciever
EJ-Extroverted Judger
IJ-Introverted Judger
IP-Introvertred Perciever

ST-Sensing Thinker
SF-Sensing Feeler
NT-Intuitive Thinker
NF-Intuitive Feeler

SP-Sensing Perciever
Sj-Sensing Judger
NJ-Intuitive Judger
NP-Intuitive Perciever

TJ-Thinking Judger
TP-Thinking Perciever
FP-Feeling Perciever
FJ-Feeling Judger

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm confused as to how one's 4 letter code could be derived from a four letter type. If someone says they are EF, they could be ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, or ENFP. With each of these 4 letter codes, there would be 4 possible MBTI types.

What would work though, is to designate a single letter for each of the 8 functions. For example:

Si = A
Se = B
Ni = C
Ne = D
Fi = E
Fe = F
Ti = G
Te = H

I realize these letter designations are completely arbitrary.

The first letter in two letter code represents the dominant function, the second letter the auxilary. Since each of the 16 types has a unique dominant/auxilary function combination, four letter MBTI types could be derived from these two letter codes.

For example, using the above code, INTP would be designated as GD
ESFJ would be designated as FA

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the 4 letter code is simply inacurate in so many ways. I am not asking for a disband of the 4 letter system, but i should be a more concise definition should the user wanted to know more about his type.

Each type should be represented by 2 letter code instead.
The highest scored 2 letters in your MBTI test should be taken out to represent your type.
Here is all my two letter code (each two letter representing a personality) types:

IS - Introverted Sensing
IT-Introverted Thinking
IN-Introverted Intuition
IF-Introverted Feeling
ES-Extroverted Sensing
ET-Extroverted Thinking
EN-Extroverted Inutition
EF-Extroverted Feeling

= Si, Ti, Ni, Fi, Se, Te, Ne Fe. Done.

And here are all the types jung never listed:

EP-Extroverted Perciever
EJ-Extroverted Judger
IJ-Introverted Judger
IP-Introvertred Perciever]

= Pe dom, Je dom, Pi dom, Ji dom. Done.

ST-Sensing Thinker
SF-Sensing Feeler
NT-Intuitive Thinker
NF-Intuitive Feeler

= SiTe or TiSe; SeFi or FeSi; NeTi or TeNi; NeFi or FeNi. Done.

SP-Sensing Perciever
Sj-Sensing Judger
NJ-Intuitive Judger
NP-Intuitive Perciever

= Se, Si, Ni, Ne. Done.

TJ-Thinking Judger
TP-Thinking Perciever
FP-Feeling Perciever
FJ-Feeling Judger

= Te, Ti, Fi, Fe. Done.

Yeah you've offered nothing new here whatsoever. All of these categories already exist. gg

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hm, i interpreted this in a different way.

cloud, does this
cloud said:

mean if i'm most strongly N over S and then P over J, then i'm NP?

cause at first the same thing sim pointed out struck me... that there are equivalents for these things... but it is a good point that someone who's very strongly extraverted is going to be rather different than someone with a weak extraversion preference... but it'd end up such that you could only really represent relative E/I and J/P strength, because if S/N or F/T strength changes much, you turn into another type...

Psychdigg

This has been done already. There are some serious Jungians (Mahlberg, Singer,Loomis, Burnery) that have written articles about their approach.

A New Perspective for Jung's Typology - LOOMIS - 2006 - Journal of Analytical Psychology - Wiley Online Library

This eliminates the problem of dichotomous types. Dichotomous types have never been scientifically proven. Most people cluster in the middle for each scale. That's why there are the never-ending discussions about am I P or J, S or N, T or F.

You can be high T and High F etc. This confusion is the result of Jung's reliance on Alchemy for his inspiration.

Jaguar

Careful, posting anything about Singer and Loomis may cause a coronary in this forum.

G

garbage

Yeah you've offered nothing new here whatsoever. All of these categories already exist. gg

Although his terms might have analogs in Jungian typology, what he's fundamentally getting at is different than what Jungian typology claims.

It's reframing the system to (a) remove the restriction that an extroverted judging function as dominant necessitates an introverted perceiving function as auxiliary, and (b) claim nothing about the role of lower-order preferences, functions, or dichotomies.

His approach seems to be closer to, say, DISC or the Big Five.

I'm not making any claim on how valid his system is, though.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think sticking to the 4 letter types are good. Making changes just makes it more complicated. Thumbs up on the E out of the box T. :)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
= Si, Ti, Ni, Fi, Se, Te, Ne Fe. Done.

= Pe dom, Je dom, Pi dom, Ji dom. Done.

= SiTe or TiSe; SeFi or FeSi; NeTi or TeNi; NeFi or FeNi. Done.

= Se, Si, Ni, Ne. Done.

= Te, Ti, Fi, Fe. Done.

Dude, WTF are you talking about.

you just like to complexify things that no one would be able to understand.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Why does a two letter code differ from a four letter code if they both represent the same thing? Why not just designate a number (not denotating worth just objectivity) for each type and call it good?

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why does a two letter code differ from a four letter code if they both represent the same thing? Why not just designate a number (not denotating worth just objectivity) for each type and call it good?

I think thats a great idea, I wonder why they didn't do that. Too much like the Enneagram type maybe?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think everyone should pick their four favorite letters and arrange them however they like and that's their new type.

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
It would make it more difficult to remember though..Unless the letters were on some type of ranging scale that identified their meaning.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The singular letter would denote the four letter code that already exists as a reference.