• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do Identical Types Attract or Repel You?

Does your type attract or repel you?

• Attract

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Repel

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you tend to like your own type? Or do you tend to stay away from your type?

G

Glycerine

I have had crushes on almost every EXFJ male I've gotten to know (one of them was A LOT older than me). :blush: It's quite embarrassing. I hope that doesn't make me look like a narcissist.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
In some sick wierd way, I have an odd fetish like attraction towards female ISTJs. But it's not as strong as the attraction I have towards INTJs.

shmrie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
it greatly depends on how mature the INTP in question is, but I think that sort of applies to all types

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
neither, but i usually have strong reactions to them. either love or they get on my nerves. sometimes both.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I like most mature, thoughtful INTP's well enough, but I wouldn't say that I tend to be either particularly attracted to or repelled by them in general. But I suspect that most people of any type would say that INTP's (and INFP's) tend to sort of blend in rather than inspire either attraction or repellation (is that a word? I'm thinking no). With the exception of the ever-unpopular immature INTP, it takes a while for us to register on folks :).

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
You don't want to mix two INFPs and alcohol... The resulting looniness is a serious threat to society. (I've met only one other INFP, though)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually enjoy the company of fellow INTPs, we have alot in common, are more likely to share similar interests which makes conversation easier. It can be awkward though if the other person is too similar to me. Then its almost like watching a video of myself in all its embarrasing awkwardness.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Generally repelled. But it depends on the individual and, as someone said above, how mature they are. I haven't met that many, but I have had complex feelings about them, a love/hate, attraction/annoyance sort of thing.

Last edited:

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP
I usually enjoy the company of fellow INTPs, we have a lot in common, are more likely to share similar interests which makes conversation easier. It can be awkward, though, if the other person is too similar to me. Then it's almost like watching a video of myself in all its embarrasing awkwardness.

The reason other INTPs sometimes annoy me is that they almost always have a pedantic urge to correct every insignificant error I make. Effective communication can become onerous if a single typographical or grammatical error can derail any argument and make you a target for personal attack.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I haven't met any ISFJs I don't think, but I know 3 ESFJs and all of them I repel. They are SO annoying. Which sounds horrible because I'm almost the same as them, but damn, they never shut up and everything they say is dull. I don't really want to know the minutiae of the lives of everyone you know, people. I'd be just as annoying except for the wonderful filter of "I"ness.

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
Supposedly, INFJs are a great match for each other. But i'm not sure.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I won't be attracted to an opposite sex INFJ, but another INFJ girl I will be glad to meet and talk with. I like to observe female INFJ public figures to see what good they have done with their temperament. I also love finding fictional ones in books or movies and study them.

I believe I had a male INFJ colleague, once, and other girls told me he had an eye on me and I ought to talk to him. But he was a bit of a snobbish intello type and I didn't like it. He was also nervous around me. I can't think of any other male INFJ I would have met (they're rare, I guess).

If I was to find a husband, a bearded ENTP would be my first choice.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I'd be just as annoying except for the wonderful filter of "I" ness.

:laugh: I have often had the same reflection listening to Extraverts chatting away. I often think: "Shouldn't you be keeping this to yourself? Do you really think people want or care to know about all this?" I feel like they are more likely to get in trouble or feel ashamed afterwards for being so open.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Some ENFPs are highly annoying.
but i have a few ENFP friends, so i would say neither o_O

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: I have often had the same reflection listening to Extraverts chatting away. I often think: "Shouldn't you be keeping this to yourself? Do you really think people want or care to know about all this?" I feel like they are more likely to get in trouble or feel ashamed afterwards for being so open.

:laugh: Whereas I have often asked my introverted loved ones to "turn up the volume" and let me know what they're thinking.

And I can only speak for myself, but I rarely feel ashamed of being too open. :)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Some of my favourite posters are INFPs and some of my least favourite are INFPs. In between are a vast mass of INFPs I don't really notice one way or the other. So "neither". As a general rule though they fascinate me a lot more irl than online.

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
I've never met an INTx (in real life) that I didn't like. But then again, I can count the ones I've met (and was pretty sure about) on one hand.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:laugh: Whereas I have often asked my introverted loved ones to "turn up the volume" and let me know what they're thinking.

And I can only speak for myself, but I rarely feel ashamed of being too open. :)

lol yeah. i know ENFs tend to withhold more than most Es, but i usually experience more regret about what i didn't say than what i did.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm an ENTP... Yes, I adore my fellow ENTPs. :wubbie: We are a lot of fun ^_^ Other types are also very necessary, but one of my very closest friends is an ENTP and one of my more distant ones is too. We are fairly rare though. I also get along very well with ENFPs. INTPs are harder to find because they don't talk.

About feeling ashamed being an E? Yeah, I don't usually find it a problem, but sometimes someone calls me obnoxious. :cry: That causes some problems. But mostly people seem to find my extroversion good! :D