• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rick Reilly, Michael Jordan, and My Spite for Fe

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Fe is awesome, Fi sucks, Michael Jordan plays basketball.

Discuss.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Counterpoint:

Fi is awesome, Fe sucks, Michael Jordan played basketball.

Discuss.

G

Glycerine

How about they both suck and Michael Jordan plays basketball?

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Counter-Counterpoint:

Fi isn't awesome, Fe doesn't suck, Michael Jordan plays Baseball.

Discuss.

G

garbage

I'll get to the relevant point: that these characteristics can't be readily and completely lumped into functional differences alone and that there are many, more complicated individual factors in play.

After all, isn't the Fi mindset concerned with evaluating these sorts of individual differences?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'll get to the relevant point: that these characteristics can't be readily and completely lumped into functional differences alone and that there are many, more complicated individual factors in play.

Flabby relativism.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Nice job using your Fi there Zarathustra. Geez.

Ok. Sorry.

I don't like Rick Reilly because he's a douche.

This may be associated with both his dom or aux Fe and/or additional reasons.

The fact that individual differences exist isn't relativism; a subjective evaluation of their consequences would be.

No, the use of them to attempt to explain away any and all accurate observations relative to type or function is, however.

:BangHead:

G

garbage

I don't like Rick Reilly because he's a douche.

To be fair, yeah. This dude is a total douche, if this article's at all indicative of his mindset and personality.

but uh this is all I know about him, I guess

KDude

I'd say initial intuition is usually your best: ISFP...

All your avatars have screamed Se...

So did your old album pictures...

Paranoia is your tert-Ni...

:redface:

Well...Initially, I said in my welcome thread that I didn't know at the time. Before I registered, I was getting mixed tests results (like many people, I guess). I don't remember why I decided on S now though. Either way, I don't really consider myself an SP, in the sense of feeling more present, in the flow, active, etc.. I'm not going with the flow as much. Or if anything, I could be an ISFP similar to some INFPs who aren't as Ne as they are Fi. If that makes sense. It seems like some INPs and ISPs can be like their extroverted counterparts, like in the way they speak or their interests,etc... While I couldn't come close.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hey nice work derailing the thread, it's been way more entertaining than i thought it would be :rofl1:

Out of all the functions when Fe is good, its great but when it's bad, it's horrendous (at least it's noticeable by everyone).

isn't this true of both extraverted Judging traits? when they're good, they're obviously awesome, and when they're bad, they obviously suck. especially as noted by their introverted pair.

Hitler was also either Ni dom or aux.
Yeah, but his judging function was Fe.

hitler was ENFJ
hitler.gif
(cue angry debate)

i did have something topic relevant to say at the beginning of this thread... but uh... oh well. why was michael jordan so cool when i was little and is so blase now? (edit: i mean this, like, i still like him. he's just not as publicly cool.)

Clinton said:
A lot of presidential memoirs, they say, are dull and self-serving. I hope mine is interesting and self-serving.

damn straight, clinton

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This thread was derailed by the first page...

See posts 6 and 10...

Damn Pe doms/auxs... :ng_mad:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched Jordan's speech a year ago and loved it. I think Reilly missed the whole point of it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I watched Jordan's speech a year ago and loved it. I think Reilly missed the whole point of it.

Hey! A post that has to do with the OP!!!

Yeah, it seemed like it went right over his head.

I thought it was one of the better speeches I've ever seen a public figure make.

Straight from the heart; completely representative of who Michael is; and very uplifting at the end.

And how about the part where the guy yells, "You're the greatest ever, Michael!!!", and Jordan, without hesitation, just naturally looks over to the guy and says "Thank you very much."

What a moment...

Couldn't've been better if you'd scripted it...