• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rick Reilly, Michael Jordan, and My Spite for Fe

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
*Subscribed*

This is my new favorite thread, Z! Now if we can just get Sim in here...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This is the most hilarious typing I've ever seen. It pissed me off when I first read it, but I started thinking later that there might be something to it: Nero Caesar was an ISFP. Who would have thought the role model for all impulsive antichrists was an ISFP :huh:

:laugh:

Philosophers throughout history:
ESFJ=1
ESFP=1
ISFP=2 (and counts Princess Diana as a philosopher)

I need to say that that link above is still hard to swallow. Plus, they only have two ISFPs there. Doesn't look like much thought was put into it. I smell a rat. A biased NT one, I might add. :tongue:

Hey dude, there ain't many NTs up in the actors and actresses section...

That just makes me wanna :cry:

Well I don't like you Te-ers either, getting your "Objectivity" and "Empiricism" all up in my subjective internal logic. So there. :tongue10:

:laugh:

I love when the INTPs get it.

sculpting

I think it'd be pretty rare, but it could be worse than merely emo. "Turned inwards", to me, would mean unapologetic conviction mixed with someone who only has shortsighted values/interests. It would also probably only manifest like that in someone who had the worst kind of experiences that shaped their Fi over time. I think the term "values" is so abstract that we should not necessarily say they would be vomiting out moral judgements. They might be vomiting out something, but it'd be their own personal morality.. which is basically no morality at all.

This is the most hilarious typing I've ever seen. It pissed me off when I first read it, but I started thinking later that there might be something to it: Nero Caesar was an ISFP. Who would have thought the role model for all impulsive antichrists was an ISFP :huh:

It would be awesome to take the quotes they post as use as examples of linguistic variants seen in each type. The INFJ ones were especially cool.

We have destroyed Z's thread. Anyways, i agree with you that you cant really judge the S population based upon those few examples, so, meh....silly NTs...but the entp and intj comments were pretty good too.

Your above "unapologetic conviction mixed with short sightedness" sounds a bit like INTJs when they get stuck in the tert temptation under stress. "Of course I am right and I did nothing wrong and everything is someone else's fault." So that kinda makes sense... What does tert temptation in an ISFP look like? Ni paranoia due to making you guys see way too many reasons why something may be the way it is? (I dunno...just making crazy wild guesses...)

(hey also I work with an old bitter ISFP, who had been beaten to death but somehow ended up director of world operations due to his history at the company...How can I make him happy? He seems so unhappy all the time..Is kindness enough?)

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Well I don't like you Te-ers either, getting your "Objectivity" and "Empiricism" all up in my subjective internal logic. So there. :tongue10:

Oh, and also Hitler.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
What does tert temptation in an ISFP look like? Ni paranoia due to making you guys see way too many reasons why something may be the way it is? (I dunno...just making crazy wild guesses...)

Based on Silly's ISFP older sister's opinion of me, I would say you're right on track with this...

:peepwall:

KDude

It would be awesome to take the quotes they post as use as examples of linguistic variants seen in each type. The INFJ ones were especially cool.

We have destroyed Z's thread. Anyways, i agree with you that you cant really judge the S population based upon those few examples, so, meh....silly NTs...but the entp and intj comments were pretty good too.

Your above "unapologetic conviction mixed with short sightedness" sounds a bit like INTJs when they get stuck in the tert temptation under stress. "Of course I am right and I did nothing wrong and everything is someone else's fault." So that kinda makes sense... What does tert temptation in an ISFP look like? Ni paranoia due to making you guys see way too many reasons why something may be the way it is? (I dunno...just making crazy wild guesses...)

(hey also I work with an old bitter ISFP, who had been beaten to death but somehow ended up director of world operations due to his history at the company...How can I make him happy? He seems so unhappy all the time..Is kindness enough?)

Well, for the record, I seriously consider myself INFP right now. I'd say my Fi has always been.. idealistic. If I'm ISFP, I've always been sensitive to a lot of issues outside of myself. I don't think I'm all that different than some INFPs and INFJs, who are into heroism or poetic justice and not just looking out for myself. In Lenore Thomson's book though, for example, she wouldn't take this away from ISFPs either... But uh.. whatever, I'm getting off the point. I get some paranoia, but I'm not sure if that's Si or Ni.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Well, for the record, I seriously consider myself INFP right now. I'd say my Fi has always been.. idealistic. If I'm ISFP, I've always been sensitive to a lot of issues outside of myself. I don't think I'm all that different than some INFPs and INFJs, who are into heroism or poetic justice and not just looking out for myself. In Lenore Thomson's book though, for example, she wouldn't take this away from ISFPs either... But uh.. whatever, I'm getting off the point. I get some paranoia, but I'm not sure if that's Si or Ni.

I'd say initial intuition is usually your best: ISFP...

All your avatars have screamed Se...

So did your old album pictures...

Paranoia is your tert-Ni...

:redface:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
And he had a mustache like Jordan.

michael-jordan-mustache-hitler.jpg

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

Jesus Christ, you think you could have an interesting conversation about Fe, Fi, and Michael Jordan.