• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
How do you use it in day to day life?

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP
All personal conversations are now infused with it. It has saved me and ruined me at the same time.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
All personal conversations are now infused with it. It has saved me and ruined me at the same time.

Generalizations or what? Outside of here, I've never had someone to speak MBTI too.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
A lot less frequently than I used to.

Pretty much only in my thoughts. When I think about other people and try to understand them.

OR

when I'm making a decision in regards to other people.

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP
Whenever someone does or says something highly typical of their MBTI type I always point it out.

G

garbage

I just realized that a post that I made is also an answer to this question

Hello

I use MBTI and typology [...] primarily as a tool to understand myself and others. It's a valuable reference, but to the extent that it doesn't do that, I don't really care about it.

There are also other valuable frameworks out there, such as [psychology, sociology, etc.].

And thus spake my own personal priorities

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I don't use it in conversation but I notice when people say/do things that confirm their MBTI type... and then I giggle to myself, wishing I had someone to discuss this with irl.

Mole

Permabanned
The Quotidian Uses of MBTI

How do you use it in day to day life?

I was shocked the other day having my usual coffee and paper at the Bakery to find that two inarticulate young men suddenly became articulate at the mention of MBTI.

It was a bit scary. First I thought they were a bit shy but then they came to life talking about MBTI. And they wanted to know my Type.

I tried to explain my views on Typing but it was as though I were talking to two fence posts.

It was as though I hadn't left my iMac and they had followed me to the Bakery.

Is nowhere safe from Typing? Can't I have my coffee in the sunshine without two shiny-eyed evangelists Typing me?

What next? They will want to Type my favourite cat, Jasper, or my favourite dog, Ralph!

Even the two Mormons don't try to evangelise my favourite dog and cat, but Typers know no shame and don't know where to draw the line or even if there is a line 'cause they have fallen for MBTI hook, line and sinker.

Typers, Typers everywhere, from the iMac to the Bakery, and not a quite word to be had.

Thank God for the sunshine.