• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would the world be without Ni?

Lightyear

Yeah, it's another spin-off thread from the Fe and Ti threads but I am really wondering about that. It's pretty easy to see how the world would be very different without Fe but what about the rather difficult to define introverted function Ni, how would we notice it's missing?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The average person would looks something like this...

caveman1256319995.jpg

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Applied innovation and change would be slower. The US might be a colony of England still.

I don't think it would be near as bad as a world without Fe or Fi.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So are we are contemplating on what the world would be like without Ni using Ne?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it would be near as bad as a world without Fe or Fi.
A world without Fe:

PostApocalypseLondon001_2039.jpg

Not sure how a world without Fi would be worse off.

rav3n

The difference between cognitive functions Ni and Ne is a bit unclear to me so I'm wondering if this world would miss Ni, if Ne still existed. But then, I'm not sure Ne takes consequences to actions, into consideration. If not, Ni has an irreplaceable value to limit actions with traumatic consequences. If so, then I also agree that Ni is no big deal.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne finds it very difficult to come up with truly original ideas -- it scans its environment and finds hidden connections, but Ni comes up with truly new ideas. Then there's the fact that Ne can't really manage worth shit. Ni is needed for that.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ni is the function of foresight so there wouldn't be any of that. People would be mindlessly living in the moment without any regards for future consequences.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
COLLASPE, TOTAL COLLASPE, HA HA HA HA HA!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At the least some benefits, then.
I'm not sure how that's a benefit. Religion acts as social glue, among numerous other social benefits. It's a big lie, yes, but it's a necessary lie.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
It's impossible to know because we wouldn't have Ni.
Classic Ni-based answer *1

I would not notice since I would not exist.
Classic Ni-based answer *2

:yes:

Ni is the function of foresight so there wouldn't be any of that. People would be mindlessly living in the moment without any regards for future consequences.
Now THAT seems a bit extreme! I don't think that forseeable consequences are particularly an Ni function in any case. It's better at tackling a future which is unforseeable with respect to previous experience.

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It would be a place with trial and error process of learning, it would be pure experimenting. I mean, I find myself using little Ni, but still need to experiment (before guesing, because many times I have guessed wrong) to know what the real stuff is, to contemplate all the options...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Latoya Jackson would be out of business.