• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would the world be without Ti?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Got the idea to start this thread after reading the one about Fe. Discuss!

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would we still have philosophy?

G

Glycerine

I would assume so but it would not be quite as refined. The world would have a harder time understanding the complex inner-workings of systems because typically speaking (from my Fe biased perspective), strong Ti users are good at picking things apart and seeing how things work.

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
I think it would be horrible! There'd be so many impulse decisions based on fleeting emotions. People would probably be more empathetic, but also more vengeful. It would be inconsistent and chaotic.

Rachel

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
5w4
We probably wouldn't have a way to distinguish one detail from another, or logic.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Reasoning wouldn't exist, that's important. A great aspect of respect and fairness would be absent. Like Moon said we'd become a very vindictive society.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
59393d1c-2399-4899-aafb-2c6497f1450b

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Not to mention that every other function would be extremely hindered by the fact that Ti wouldn't be there to understand why we felt, or acted the way we did. This delves somewhat into Fi though. I think perhaps Ti would be more a physiologically understanding of why we act the way we do, which would hinder hospitalization and repair of bodily injury. Most consider this important too.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reasoning wouldn't exist, that's important. A great aspect of respect and fairness would be absent. Like Moon said we'd become a very vindictive society.

I would hope non Ti users can still reason.

Still, it seems like the world would be a stupider(?) place.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would hope non Ti users can still reason.

Still, it seems like the world would be a stupider(?) dumber place.

:D

I beat the INTP's to that one.

To the OP: There wouldn't be as much precision in the world. Things wouldn't be as efficiently refined as they are.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6

To the OP: There wouldn't be as much precision in the world. Things wouldn't be as efficiently refined as they are.

I think the world would be efficient, perhaps even more so. Things would be less refined though. Crudely efficient

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
No Ti would mean no Fi, that would just leave Si Ni. Everything would be so...incomplete.

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP

Frankly, I never understood why 'stupider' is considered an incorrect construction.

The reason for its not being declined that I have heard is that adjectives of two syllables or more do not decline (adjectiver) in favour of the "more adjectvie" construction.

However, the reason for this, to the best of my knowledge, is phonetic - a polysyllabic adjective declined with "er" generally sounds awkward. However, this isn't the case with 'stupid' and I myself see no problem with using the declension 'stupider', as it - to me, anyway - sounds less awkward than 'more stupid'.

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
There would be no higher level mathematics. What that would mean for the world, I don't know.

Sesshoumaru

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What are you saying? That it would be less refined but more efficient? Not that, but... Would we even have logic and creativity? We wouldn't even have inventions, if no one can think outside the box! I can't imagine it... All barbaric when talking about technology, I tell you, we would have scientific method, but with nothing to prove or demonstrate... No logic at all, we would be mostly irrational!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
a world without mathematical head aches? :peepwall: *dreams*