• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your most cherished letter.

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP
As succinctly as I am able: in your MBTI type, which letter do you value the most? Which aspect of your personality do you cherish over all others?

I, an INTP, consider N to be my most prized letter. The ability to live in my mind and put reality on hold is liberating.

I realize that for different types each letter would mean something different in terms of the Jungian functions; however, for the purposes of this little inquest of mine I would like you to consider simply the letter-based personality traits insofar as they apply to you.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
If there was a C in MBTI, it would be C.
I am now ECFP. ^_^

but since theres no c (wich sucks), i would say P.

Echoes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I agree about 'N,' I'd miss the surreal stuff which goes on in my head :) It'd be really interesting to talk to someone who is attached to their S though...see the other perspective.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've never thought of it that way. To me they have always been descriptors, not values. I'm not attached to any of them.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, this is not easy to answer.

"E" is really important...

BUT -

"S" is freaking awesome too.

"T" is not so sacred, as I have developed my "F" and could function either way.

I sure as hell don't want to live without my "P"-ness. :cheese:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, this is not easy to answer.

"E" is really important...

BUT -

"S" is freaking awesome too.

"T" is not so sacred, as I have developed my "F" and could function either way.

I sure as hell don't want to live without my "P"-ness. :cheese:

Dude, you're just plain odd ;)
You've sort of come all the way from the other side of the spectrum on most characters from me.
When I think about it, freedom isn't in having either N or S, I or E or whatever.
It's having it all. Being able to function and adapt as well as possible.
N to realize you're being fooled, S to do something about it.
Etc.

Nobody lives without using all functions. Even if you're in a straight jacket in a padded cell with no light.
I mean, not to imply that you are or should be ;)
Well, maybe a little :smile:

:)hug:)

Lark

Well, I did have this letter from this one girl which I carried around in my wallet for a while, when I had a bigger wallet but... Oh right! :laugh: :laugh:

Its got to be either T or J, I am a total thinker, probably muse more than anyone ever has done with the exceptions of the great philosophers or psychologists but I certainly value J a lot too and admire decisiveness and people who nail their colours to the mast. Whether I'm in agreement with them or not.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even if you're in a straight jacket in a padded cell with no light.
I mean, not to imply that you are or should be ;)
Well, maybe a little :smile:

:)hug:)

Yeah, hello, Pot? Kettle calling ...

Noon

If I could, I'd pick two: F since it gives me Fi, and P since it gives me Se.
I like being able to experience the world more vividly than some others around me. Se can make even simple things seem fantastic, even though that might sound wtf-worthy to complexity-loving iNtuitives. I also really wouldn't want to lose my zest for variety or experience. Fi is more difficult to explain, but it adds depth to the experiences that Se brings me. It also gives me a sense of meaning and purpose. imo, Together they make life worth living.

...But if I have to pick exclusively one, I would pick F.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I
but I can't explain it.

KDude

Uh, anyone can live in their mind. That's not exactly Ne. :huh: Is that why some of you treat S's like shit?

Serious question. Because that's kind of a letdown, if that's where some of the animosity comes from. I assure you, we all live in our heads somewhat.

Like ISTPs, INTPs depend on Introverted Thinking, a form of reasoning that operates on the basis of immediate perceptual information. They, too, are able to grasp, all at once, the structural logic of a system or process. ISTPs, however, relate to the outer world with Extraverted Sensation, so the perceptual nature of their reasoning is apparent. They obviously need visual and tactile contact with a process in order to understand it. INTPs relate to the outer world with Extraverted Intuition, so their need for direct experience is not clear.

Such types are interested in the logical possibilities of structure: the way form and context interact with and exert change on each other. Thus, they're more at home than ISTPs with theoretical reasoning. INTPS do, however, require visual and tactile contact with a system to reason properly. Their primary method of exploring structural possibility is almost always a form of design or model making. Such types compose music, render blueprints, perform lab tests, work up magazine layouts, draft construction schemes, and so forth. Because their focus of attention is on possibility, INTPs are likely to be more interested in the idea that animates a system and it's impact on reality than they are with the system's objective utility. - Personality Types, Thomson p. 311

Ne is applied, and focused outward still.

Anyhow, my favorite function is Fi. Obviously. I'm Fi dom. Also, my totally unnecessary need to possibly screw up this thread would say as much. Apologies. I'm just curious.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For me it would be E, the reason is because I've thought I was an introvert for so long as I've suppressed many extroverted preferences and presented as a typical introvert. The knowledge that I'm actually an extrovert has helped me the most in understanding who I am and what I need to do in order to embrace my natural IN YO FACE extroversion.

:yay:

Otherwise it's my E7 that is most prized.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Intuition (N) is a precious one to me. Ni is great for creativity.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introversion probably; feeling as a close second.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The J, of course. I couldn't even imagine being a P... It is some sort of mysterious phenomenon.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I value the ability to be balanced in any preference over being totally holed up on either extreme.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
DEFINITELY my P-ness (yes, I know..jokes old now :jew: )
then iNtuition.
then Extraversion.
then Feeling.