• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quick thought about Ne/Si vs Ni/Se

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Ni/Se: Make the best (Ni) of what you've got (Se).

Ne/Si: The things we've got are not the best (Si), how do we make them better (Ne)?

Does this sound rightish? :)

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Ni/Se: Make the best (Ni) of what you've got (Se).

Ne/Si: The things we've got are not the best (Si), how do we make them better (Ne)?

Does this sound rightish? :)

That seems like a decent simplification.

Ni-ers incorporate novelty by finding new ways to look at (and thus new impressions to garner from) the details of the present moment. Ne-ers incorporate novelty by finding new ways to change the present moment so it differs from past experience.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Doesn't sound right to me. I've spent most of my life trying to improve things.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds good to me. I particularly identify with the second one.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
The second one does.

It is how I deal with most problems in my everyday life.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Ne/Si - what is determines what could be.
Ni/Se - what can be determines what actually is.

Little_Sticks

Pretty much.

Coming up with this right now I see it more as (but I'm also taking this more from Socionics so I don't know how much this applies in MBTI)

Ni/Se --> Contemplative/Action - Ni is studious of concepts and information and synthesizing them into what makes sense and is passive. Se is putting what Ni learns into action and is non-passive. So it's as if an INTJ might spend a lot of time determining what is going on behind a system of occurrences and once they know what is going on they act on it with Se.

Si/Ne --> Experience/PossibleExperience - Si maximizes the experience and enjoyment of what already is. Ne comes up with ideas on how to better or have more fun with Si. Like how an ENTP might come up with an idea on how to fly and try to make it happen so he/she can enjoy the idea and experience.