• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introversion/Extroversion

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I'm so losing sight of this thread. I mean, as an introvert, I should be able to relate to some of this, but I just....don't. Perhaps it's the difference between each individual introverted function? I relate mostly to ISTJ because it explains how I relate to myself and the external world.

When I relate to myself, it involves cataloging information, replaying experiences, reviewing upcoming events, deciphering my feelings on a level of understanding. When I relate to the external world, I think in terms of concrete logical reference points. I look for hints, systems that lead to predictability. These systems have to be reliable and logical. I seek an understanding of the world on a deeply analytical level.

It's hard to explain it without regurgitating an ISTJ description. The only expectation I put on my mind is that it must be continually refined. My relation to the external world is more of an objective relation just as Te is described. My dealings with the external world are to be objective, rather than of personal bias. This isn't a rule, but rather a personal belief that harmony within my personal organization can only be achieved through objectivity. This is the essence of Thinking.

However, as growth comes to teach me, the objectivity and logical thought doesn't always prevail, as I must take into consideration my own personal limitations and desires. This mostly leads to a forgiveness of my own shortcomings or deeper analysis into my own personal beliefs to further the logical analysis in a more personalized direction.

That's all for now. I'll go back to trying to understand this intuitive and feeling type introversion.

KDude

To me it sounds like you are a strong S.

If you dont want to, to me that just means you havnt found the right people to get in sync with and/or havnt found ways in which you are comfortable getting in sync with those people. Overrated as in you feel constricted by them?

I don't know why I can drive well.. There's something about the nature of driving that forces you to be S anyways (forces me at least). Especially in new areas. My preference starts seeming more N though in familiar areas. My thoughts can drift quite a bit.

I don't know if drifting in thought is really Ne, or just normal? Some of the Ne types here (especially the extroverts) can go over my head, so I'm not exactly sure I'm the same as they are. I know almost nothing but S's though, and I can't say I really connect or have the same types aspirations or enjoyment levels in the things they do. It can be constricting, like you said, but also just comes down to not being able to relate. They know it too...some are cool and take time out and b.s. with me, but I don't think I'm on the same plane. Sometimes I try, and I might even go to party spots with everyone, but that stuff ends up puttering out at times. I don't have an "outsourced" persona that tries to enjoy any of it. I think I'm more characteristic of a Fi type, where the idea of being another person too much is not how we think. If I don't connect, then I don't connect. There are times where I've jet from parties without saying anything, not even ask for a ride, start walking home on the highway late at night - like, I need to get away that much. There are some situations so disagreeable that I think walking miles alone at night is better. Maybe I just fit this stereotype.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm so losing sight of this thread. I mean, as an introvert, I should be able to relate to some of this, but I just....don't. Perhaps it's the difference between each individual introverted function? I relate mostly to ISTJ because it explains how I relate to myself and the external world.

When I relate to myself, it involves cataloging information, replaying experiences, reviewing upcoming events, deciphering my feelings on a level of understanding. When I relate to the external world, I think in terms of concrete logical reference points. I look for hints, systems that lead to predictability. These systems have to be reliable and logical. I seek an understanding of the world on a deeply analytical level.

It's hard to explain it without regurgitating an ISTJ description. The only expectation I put on my mind is that it must be continually refined. My relation to the external world is more of an objective relation just as Te is described. My dealings with the external world are to be objective, rather than of personal bias. This isn't a rule, but rather a personal belief that harmony within my personal organization can only be achieved through objectivity. This is the essence of Thinking.

However, as growth comes to teach me, the objectivity and logical thought doesn't always prevail, as I must take into consideration my own personal limitations and desires. This mostly leads to a forgiveness of my own shortcomings or deeper analysis into my own personal beliefs to further the logical analysis in a more personalized direction.

That's all for now. I'll go back to trying to understand this intuitive and feeling type introversion.

This explains Te and its purpose pretty good and how the split with Ti and the deepness. When you reach Ti is when you let go of those reference points and try to find that logic predictability. To me its like sifting through logical groupings piecing them together. I enjoy creating systems, but I dont like using systems because it restricts my logical sifting. Thats really why I am a programmer, it provides me the ability to create logical systems, but am not bound by the system itself. People then come to me and I look at the logical system and tweak it and play with it to provide that predictability.