• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti vs. Te, do they trust each other?

Do you trust it? Are you comfortable with it?

• I am Ti dom and I have discomfort with Te doms

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I am Te dom and I have discomfort with Ti doms

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I am Ti dom and I have no discomfort with Te doms

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • I am Te dom and I have no discomfort with Ti doms

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

heart

heart on fire
I read so many posts where Fe dom people are not so comfortable with Fi and I certainly know that I have my own difficulties with understanding Fe. I don't always trust Fe.

I was wondering how thinkers feel. Do Ti doms feel uneasy around Te or distrust it or vice versa?

I am really curious about this.

For the purposes of this poll, consider Dom to mean it is either your first or second function. This is a poll for thinkers only please.

I know for myself as feeler with Te in fourth postion, I have more appreciation for Ti than Te.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I read so many posts where Fe dom people are not so comfortable with Fi and I certainly know that I have my own difficulties with understanding Fe. I don't always trust Fe.

I was wondering how thinkers feel. Do Ti doms feel uneasy around Te or distrust it or vice versa?

I am really curious about this.

For the purposes of this poll, consider Dom to mean it is either your first or second function. This is a poll for thinkers only please.

I know for myself as feeler with Te in fourth postion, I have more appreciation for Ti than Te.
The INFP = ESTJ function order
INFP > Fi Ne Ni Fe Ti Se Si Te < ESTJ

The IP/EJ continuun has the rational functions set apart and the perceiving functions not set apart-

The INFJ = ESTP function order
INFJ > Ni Fe Fi Ne Si Te Ti Se < ESTP

The IJ/EP continuum has the perceiving functions set apart and the rational functions not set apart

which may explain your question

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I make everyone uncomfortable. Could that be because I get inside their clothes with them to say hello? Perhaps. I suppose we'll never know for certain. :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I make everyone uncomfortable.

I find that difficult to believe.

Anyway...

Extending this to all I/E functions distrusting each other, well I don't exactly distrust Ni, but I do find it frustrating to deal with sometimes in other people. Seems so suspicious, cynical, so sorta... y'know like you make a single mistake and you have a devil of a job ever getting them to forgive you or believe that it was a one-off, they always have it on their minds when they think of you, and expect you to fail... hard for me to deal with, Ne being generally a very positive and trusting function as it is...

But my Ti and Te get along pretty well actually. But I'm a weird NTP because my Ti and Te are about equal, and sometimes I find it actually easier to slip into Te than Ti. The only way I know I'm a P is because Ne is so dominant above all else...

I suppose that if Ti by default wants to observe, wait and gather more information whilst not intervening, whilst Te wants to control, direct and act and doesn't want to wait, that would cause some conflict... I suppose I have experienced that kind of inner conflict in the past, but being extraverted by nature I tend to find that in a battle between the two, Te will win out because in the end, I'd always rather do something in the real world, than sit and navel gaze. Over the years I've learned to sorta harmonize the two... to use the times I have alone for some Ti action, which I then utilize to plan for actual action. But like I say, considering that it's all actually led by Ne, I don't think I'd be too typical in that regard...

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I'm not a Ti nor a Te dominant person... hell I'm not even a T to boot! But I would like to throw in my two cents. ^^;;

Ni and Ne, I'm pretty sure my Ni is stronger than my Ne... but the two can live happily with one another. I'm uncertain whether there's a difference between perceiving functions as oppose to judging ones. Afterall two judging functions can judge each other... perceiving functions seem to only be able to bounce things off one another. Well maybe one perceiving function can try to take over the other and that can lead to distrust... but for me... I don't consider one being better than the other.

Fe vs Fi... Do I trust my Fi? Often times it feels to be like an overly emotional mess, my Fi. Fe is a much better integrated function. My tertiary Ti might dislike Fi simply because it's a different means of internal judgment. Looking at Fi dominant people (INFPs for example), I often times get irrational feelings that they are hiding things. A foolish thought since I do just the same... but nonetheless it's there.

Ti vs Te... I sometimes can't stand seeing people organize things. "A place for everything and everything in its place"... I hate that phrase. It's a direct interference of the freedom Ni/Ne need to make connections. Te organization imposes divisions in the otherwise unified whole Ni Ti creates.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I voted Ti dom and do feel discomfort with Te dom in some others.. Ti dom, because that's what shows up in functional preference tests I've taken.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I voted Ti dom and do feel discomfort with Te dom in some others.. Ti dom, because that's what shows up in functional preference tests I've taken.

But... you're Ne dom :huh:

The way the OP is worded seems to be addressing ExTJ's and IxTP's... but I stuck my oar in anyway :D

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

The way the OP is worded seems to be addressing ExTJ's and IxTP's... but I stuck my oar in anyway :D

The wording is a bit vague. I took it to mean your dominant form of T, regardless of whether it's your dominant or auxiliary function. Also I felt like voting.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wouldn't use the word discomfort as much as frustrating. I find Te to be frustrating because often times a person just wants to give the facts, and what I consider most important is why. What is even more frustrating is a person who cares who is right and who is wrong in a discussion. I don't care who is right, I just want to know what it is and why.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Ti:

ti.jpg

Te:

te.jpg

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
htb that is f***ing genius.

See the way I censored myself there, just in case INTJMom comes in? :D

heart

heart on fire

I tried to explain that I really meant if it is your first or secondary function. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
tee-hee :smile:

According to Do What You Are, these types extravert Thinking as their Dom or Aux:
ESTJ, ISTJ, ENTJ, INTJ
So my Aux is Te.
I don't have a problem at all with any of those types generally speaking,
though I have had some trouble with ESTJ females.

According to Do What You Are, these types introvert Thinking as their Dom or Aux:
ESTP, ISTP, ENTP, INTP
The only type I have repeated trouble with on this list is INTP males.

Females in one category, males in another. Isn't that funny. :thinking: I wonder why.
I think one reason for our disagreements is because I perceive them as lacking feeling.
Another reason is that I tend to end up having fights over the meanings of words with them and I hate that. I feel like they refuse to understand the spirit of what I'm saying, and instead they want to pick apart my word choices. I guess I feel like they not only don't understand me, but are choosing to not understand me, so we can have a fight instead.

I'm not sure if these problems are Te/Ti problems or something else,
but they're the 2 types I historically have had trouble with.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Another reason is that I tend to end up having fights over the meanings of words with them and I hate that. I feel like they refuse to understand the spirit of what I'm saying, and instead they want to pick apart my word choices. I guess I feel like they not only don't understand me, but are choosing to not understand me, so we can have a fight instead.

I'm not sure if these problems are Te/Ti problems or something else,
but they're the 2 types I historically have had trouble with.

I get that ALL the time with xNFJ's, but I get quite the opposite problem with my brother: he focuses on what he thinks is the spirit of what I'm saying, when I've actually taken a lot of trouble to use the precise words that I mean; he gives it an interpretation that's quite different from anything I'm capable of. It seems I also do the same to him... there are some serious communication issues that seem to arise between us fairly often, though we both agree that we get along generally and have similar views on many things, and similar interests too.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ

I'm entertaining the thought that the cognitive functions test might be right, and I actually had dominating Ti. If it ain't (which I believe), none of this applies.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think one reason for our disagreements is because I perceive them as lacking feeling.

I think that perhaps they might really be unable to understand the spirit of what you're saying in a holistic sense without going through everything linearly. It may be that they're focused on logic and are oblivious to your feelings (if not most feelings), and to the fact that conflict might be painful for you. Many T's that I know can thrive on conflict rather than harmony. It doesn't make much sense to me either, but that seems to be how they function.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
EJ/IP = a split rational function.

IJ/EP = a united rational function.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
htb that is f***ing genius.

I was thinking those pictures illustrate the difference between S and N. Does having Ti as an auxiliary function make me the second most abstract type (after INTP)?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think that perhaps they might really be unable to understand the spirit of what you're saying in a holistic sense without going through everything linearly. It may be that they're focused on logic and are oblivious to your feelings (if not most feelings), and to the fact that conflict might be painful for you. Many T's that I know can thrive on conflict rather than harmony. It doesn't make much sense to me either, but that seems to be how they function.
You're probably right but I didn't know that until I came here a few months ago. When I'm too entrenched in my Ni, I can't always get in touch with the logic or the reasons for my point of view - but I know one thing for sure - I'M RIGHT! :smile: