• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Describe the 8 functions with one word.

Shmooooooooo

MBTI Type
INTP
Doesn't have to be serious, but I'll start out so:

Ti - logic
Si - memory
Ni - consequences
Fi - values
Te - order
Ne - possibilities
Se - presence
Fe - harmony

KDude

Those are good.. I might replace Si with something more specific though.. "familiarity" perhaps? Not an easy one to pin down. I might replace Te with "structure". Order sounds too benign :D Te would probably go for anything, orderly or not, if it accomplished a goal.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Ti - Technical
Fi - Moral
Si - certainty
Ni - context
Te - goals
Fe - social
Se - exploritive
Ne - experimental

Lightyear

Ni - mysterious
Fe - connecting
Ti - systematic
Se - moment
Ne - spiderweb
Fi - depth
Te - efficient
Si - order

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti- deduction
Te- efficiency
Fi- emotion
Fe- empathy
Si- experience
Se- awareness
Ni- foresight
Ne- possibilities

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am loving this thread! :wubbie:

Please keep 'em coming. I've wanted a simple intro to the functions for a long time.

That's all... no insight to add, just encouragement. :)

Edit: Thanks for ordering them that way, Aleksei. Much more useful to a beginner like me.

KDude

Ti- deduction
Te- efficiency
Fi- emotion
Fe- empathy
Si- experience
Se- awareness
Ni- foresight
Ne- possibilities

I think Fi is empathetic too. Not sure if that's a good distinction. Any other Fi types disagree? And I was under the impression Fe had a more sympathetic angle to it.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Fi is empathetic too. Not sure if that's a good distinction. Any other Fi types disagree? And I was under the impression Fe had a more sympathetic angle to it.
Empathy means awareness of what others are feeling. Sympathy means being compassionate for others' feelings. Either function can show sympathy (or lack it for that matter) but empathy is Fe by very definition.

KDude

I kind of feel (think I feel at least) others' pain. In true Bill Clinton style :p Sometimes they don't even want me to bring it up, or they play it off, so it's not like there's a clear signal for me to do it all the time.. but often the identification is overwhelming in myself, so I kind of have to get out and tell them I know what's up. There could even be a little projection there.. but I figured it was very Fi, and empathetic, to almost be a little self-oriented in how I'm identifying with them.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I kind of feel (think I feel at least) others' pain. In true Bill Clinton style :p Sometimes they don't even want me to bring it up, or they play it off, so it's not like there's a clear signal for me to do it all the time.. but it's often the identification is overwhelming in myself, so I kind of have to get out and tell them I know what's up. There could even be a little projection there.. but I figured it was very Fi, to almost be a little self-oriented in how I'm identifying with them.

Makes me think of the old Onion headline: "Clinton Feels Nation's Pain, Breasts"

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kind of feel (think I feel at least) others' pain. In true Bill Clinton style :p Sometimes they don't even want me to bring it up, or they play it off, so it's not like there's a clear signal for me to do it all the time.. but often the identification is overwhelming in myself, so I kind of have to get out and tell them I know what's up. There could even be a little projection there.. but I figured it was very Fi, and empathetic, to almost be a little self-oriented in how I'm identifying with them.
I think that could be some kind of Fi + Se thing (or maybe even an Fe 5th function, who knows). I'm quite emotional, but very unempathetic myself.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te - strength
Ti - scrutiny
Fe - passion
Fi - righteous
Se - vigor
Si - vigilance
Ne - innovation
Ni - mercurial

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Te- Success
Ti - Facts
Fe - People
Fi - Feeling
Se - Confidence
Si - Familiarity
Ne - Connection
Ni - Understanding/Theory

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx

I agree with you, KDude, though that isn't to say Fe users can't be empathetic or Fi users can't sympathize. I just think each is more inclined to do one over the other more often.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Se- Engaged
Si- Knowledge
Fe- Social
Fi- Personal
Ne- Dynamic
Ni- Conjuring
Ti- Technical
Te- Constructive

INFJ = Conjurer of society
INTJ = Conjurer of constructs
ISFP = Personally engaged
ISTP = Technically engaged
INTP = Technical dynamo
ENFP = Dynamically personal
ISTJ = Known constructs
ESFJ = Socially knowledgable

Noon

Se- Engaged
Si- Knowledge
Fe- Social
Fi- Personal
Ne- Dynamic
Ni- Conjuring
Ti- Technical
Te- Constructive

INFJ = Conjurer of society
INTJ = Conjurer of constructs
ISFP = Personally engaged
ISTP = Technically engaged
INTP = Technical dynamo
ENFP = Dynamically personal
ISTJ = Known constructs
ESFJ = Socially knowledgable

I really like this.

Poggle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ne - Possibility
Ni - Certainty
Se - Pleasure
Si - Duty
Fe - Visible
Fi - Invisible
Te - Orders
Ti - Suggestions

Liesl

Ti system
Te procedure
Fi individualistic
Fe schmoozing
Ni interpolate
Ne extrapolate
Se current
Si ancient

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
So, here's the collection:

Ti - logic, technical, systematic, deduction, scrutiny, facts, suggestions, system
Si - memory, familiarity, certainty, order, experience, vigilance, knowledge, duty, ancient
Ni - consequences, context, mysterious, foresight, mercurial, theory, conjuring, certainty, interpolate
Fi - values, morals, depth, emotion, righteous, feeling, personal, invisible, individualistic
Te - order, goals, efficient, strength, success, constructive, orders, procedure
Ne - possibilities, spiderweb, innovation, connection, experimental, dynamic, possibility, extrapolate
Se - presence, exploritative, moment, awareness, vigor, confidence, engaged, pleasure, current
Fe - harmony, social, connection, empathy, passion, people, visible, schmoozing

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Can I add eight more words that haven't been said yet? Hm, challenge, I love me some challenge.

Ti - consistency (I wonder why nobody said that. To me, 'consistency' is even more Ti-ish than 'logic')
Si - facts
Ni - possibilities
Fi - passion
Te - (I would say goals, but that one has already been said, so) duty
Ne - exponential (I mean the mathematical exponential function of course. Did you see the links :smile:?)
Se - alert
Fe - community