• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Step II expanded report

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Step II and the corresponding interpertation really helped me figure out why the typing I get on most tests is wrong.
What were you struggling over? Which parts helped you?

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well I usually test INTP, which I have from the first time I've taken the test, and it has never been right. Introverted thinkers are far more structured than I. My step II results reported that I was a Systematic and Planful INTP (. Which isn't the whole case. In the J/P dichotomy the only category in which I scored P was pressure prompted (of which I am entirely). The t/f breakdown was helpful too, as I am not especially logical, but very questioning and critical.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is surprising how T-leaning your results are. Did you find it hard to answer the T/F questions or did it seem like relatively clear-cut choices?

I think if I retook it, I might be closer to middle on T/F. I know myself a little better and I think there were a few questions I answered T because I thought that was the better way to be. Alot of the T/F questions I found very difficult to answer.

It's that same old "Justice vs. Mercy" stuff I've never been comfortable with - as if objective principles and compassion are mutually exclusive. Why can't anyone grasp that compassion can be rational?

Exactly! Justice vs. mercy was one of the T/F questions I found almost impossible to answer.

Even then, I still feel like I'm not being entirely truthful. I feel very ambivalent about a lot of those words. :unsure: I can see the divisions they're attempt to draw between them and think they're on the right track - I just don't think the diction is totally accurate. "Trusting", for example, is very complex, even in the context they place it in. If it means "gives the benefit of the doubt" or "doesn't need strong proof to form an opinion" then I will go with that, but if they mean "not prone to questioning claims" or "takes what others say as fact", then I'm not so sure.

This is a danger of taking any personality test. One person can interpret the words very different from someone else. We could be unknowingly interpreting questions in ways that were never intended by the test designers. Regarding "trusting" that could be interpreted in so many different ways. Like you, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt and I don't need strong proof to form an opinion. Yet at the same time, I question many claims about things and don't always take what others say as fact.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I forgot to click the link when I read your response the other day.
Wow, for you to ever score that solidly on T, even if it wasn't accurate; I wonder how you could be constantly questioning your T.

I think if I retook it, I might be closer to middle on T/F. I know myself a little better and I think there were a few questions I answered T because I thought that was the better way to be. Alot of the T/F questions I found very difficult to answer.

Exactly! Justice vs. mercy was one of the T/F questions I found almost impossible to answer.
That was difficult for me too. I have a strong sense of justice, particularly when I feel life is being unfair to me. Yet I want mercy from others. And I'll give mercy if a person is at least made to hear my complaint.
Again; I think this is from the Supine/Choleric mix.
So that whole section of word comparisons, many of the pairs had potential positive connotation on both sides. It kind of depended on the situation.

Wonder if Step III breaks this down further.
This is a danger of taking any personality test. One person can interpret the words very different from someone else. We could be unknowingly interpreting questions in ways that were never intended by the test designers. Regarding "trusting" that could be interpreted in so many different ways. Like you, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt and I don't need strong proof to form an opinion. Yet at the same time, I question many claims about things and don't always take what others say as fact.
True.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really want to take the Step II again. Too bad I can't afford the fee right now.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're not going to find it for free. If you do, it's bootleg.

That's where you got the result graphs from? Nice! (You wouldn't believe how many people used to ask me where I got mine. Again; it was homemade, to emulate those MyPersonality graphs everyone had in their signature. So it's funny now for me to be asking someone where they got theirs from).

Here's a simple-minded web page that can create bar-graph-ish semi-sig-appropriate badge table, although it doesn't actually create an image file itself or host said file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1896920/20120729-1800/badger/Badger.html

Let me know if folks have suggestions... esp with color schemes of CSS improvements (I'm a programmer, not a designer... as the UI and badge show).

G

garbage

Here's a simple-minded web page that can create bar-graph-ish semi-sig-appropriate badge table, although it doesn't actually create an image file itself or host said file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1896920/20120729-1800/badger/Badger.html

Let me know if folks have suggestions... esp with color schemes of CSS improvements (I'm a programmer, not a designer... as the UI and badge show).
Oh, my. I like the simple badge design.

Only recommendations would be light borders around each of the boxes, bolding the vertical text (e.g. name, SLOAN, ...), and moving some elements 1-2 pixels up. If I get a minute today, I'll experiment around with some CSS (gotta love Chrome's Inspect Element) and see if I can come up with something.

A box for function orders/strengths would kick ass, too.