• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Asperger's Syndrome and MBTI type.

Crabs

Permabanned
What is his relationship with the past? Does he like to talk about it or reminisce? And, does he "keep books" on people, that is, remember things about them that he either likes or dislikes?

he doesn't really talk much about the past, more about theories and ideas. i'm not sure about the "keeping books" on people. i'll have to ask him.

Aspies are actually usually extroverted when you talk about what they are interested in...this is actually one of the main things about asbergers, as the person will have trouble not talking about things they are interested in unless you inform them that you are not interested in it or they are developed enough to notice by observing your social cue.

In fact, after talking to an Aspie, it will feel as if you were steam rolled by a mental dump which was entirely focused on one single area of knowledge, or several areas of knowledge, seemingly separate, but overlapping in ways you probably are unaware but that we assume you are.

There are some extreme cases of borderline autism and Aspies where by the person almost never talks and can do intense things but this converges on almost pure autism whereby the person can do astounding calculations in their head but can barely tie their shoes. That is not how we are though for the most part. There may be a few people who can do these calculations and tie their shoes and they may be Aspies.

Aspies are also notorious for saying things at inappropriate times which thwarts the introverted theory unless it is a case of awkward extroversion spurted by an undeveloped function.

Also there are certain crowds where we come a live. I tend to be more extroverted around people who seem intelligent and open minded and more introverted around people who seem dangerously judgmental.

from my understanding of asperger's syndrome, there isn't a correlation between introversion & extroversion. many are known to be quiet and socially anxious, but how much a person talks in a particular social situation isn't necessarily indicative of intro/extroversion. whether a person gets energized from isolation or socialization is the biggest indicator.

Researcher

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad
Well if this was in some public place and I didn't know them I would be rather taken aback as it would seem very strange and suspicious that a random person would do this to me without any justification or reason to choose me. If I knew them or of them then it would be less so.

I have had a situation like this happen though. Several years ago I was proctoring a final exam, and several students were still writing past time, so I call for them to stop firmly. A few still persisted so I raised my voice and made it very clear that if they didn't stop I would not accept their exam and take the matter up with their professor. Upon doing so after a few seconds, one of the girls broke down and started to sob quite badly. I felt a small level of guilt for triggering that. I waited several seconds and then went up to talk to her. In a very calm reassuring voice I asked her what was wrong and I applogize for being mean. She was inconsolable for several minutes but I got her to answer when I asked if she preferred if I left her alone and she said no. Once she regained her composure enough she informed me that a family member recently died, she didn't have the time to study, and had answered nearly all the questions but didn't bubble most of them in as she ran out of time (she circled them in the exam booklet though). I told her to relax as much as she could, that she need not worry about her exam right now and that I will work this out. I asked her to explain to me what's going on and open up as much as she felt comfortable with. She had a lot of built up insecurity and fear associated with family pressure to be great, and was struggling. I walked her through mindsets that she shouldn't have as they are unproductive and harmful to herself, and got her to consider different prospectives. Eventually I brought up the exam and told her that I will wait here and she can fill in her answers and take as much time as she needs to. She broke down a few times in the middle of it and just told her to let it out, it's ok, and that this will work out. Eventually she finished up and I gave her as much encouragement and support as I could. Despite the fact that I did not know her at all.

Either way, I actually don't like these kinds of hypothetical examples like this because there is so much context that I don't have that could easily change what would occur, and I have to make a lot of assumptions that seem haphazardous and arbitrary. I would likely do very similar to that, and ask them what's wrong. It's very likely I will have time to put off for at least a few minutes for this person. If it was truly completely down to the wire, I would take a few minutes, ask them what's wrong and inform them I am so pressed for time that I have to finish my work before I can help or console them. I'd also make it abundntly clear that I am not trying to avoid, ignore, or demean their current state at all, but that I have to care for myself to a certain level before I can care for another. If they insist then I'd walk them to someone else who can take care of them for the time being.

1) You start out with "If..... then...." >> this is logical reasoning, it's a Ti indicator

2) "I walked her through mindsets that she shouldn't have as they are unproductive and harmful to herself, and got her to consider different prospectives." >> This is logically trying to help someone by pointing out logical flaws in her reasoning, this is also a Ti indicator. You also took over control to your side. She is probably an F, you are probably a T. The locus of control always moves to the T and away from the F.

Researcher

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad
Oops sorry, I did not catch the edit.

I seldom read books. I'm an auditory learner and learn best buy listening to people talk, or by talking myself, and I supplement it with visual. That's not to say I can't learn from books, I can, I just try to avoid it when possible. Normally when I learn from books I look at figures, examples, and in particular graphs, and conceptualize those. I read text as needed to explain things when the images themselves don't speak enough or lack context.

Accepting or rejecting learned material seems... odd? I mean, if it's factual information, there isn't really any rejection to happen. To do so is just an intellectual disservice. My gut instinct reaction though, almost always is to reject it all outright, or accept all, and I sometimes do that. In particular if I am lazy or already have a lot of information backlogged about that particular concept or idea (i.e. I already know and understand a lot about it and therefore can make leaps much easier with back support). However, I'll often think "wait a second, look at the details and each case, you don't know if that's call for reason to do so", and I'll force myself to look more closely at it to see if it's justified. Generally though, I am a very black and white thinker. I make a conscious effort to not do that though, albeit it's a challenge.

With question2 I tried to provoke something else, that failed actually. But again I will analyze this:

1) "To do so is just an intellectual disservice. ", you are trying to logically find the flaw, this is a Ti indicator. (Fe-users don't think about an intellectual disservice, actually they don't even "think", they "feel").

2) "I'll often think "wait a second, look at the details and each case, you don't know if that's call for reason to do so", and I'll force myself to look more closely at it to see if it's justified.", logical deduction, and you take things apart (e.g. look at it closely / kind of reverse-engineering it), it's a Ti indicator.

-------

Also your locus of control is in yourself, or in universal logic, this is a T indicator. You do not externalize control to some other authority figure, like an F would naturally do.
----

So you think you are an Fe dominant, but I think you are a Ti dominant. (An INTP actually).

Ti is the polar opposite of Fe.

The confusion might be there, because polar opposites show the same "signals" in outer reality. This is the same as saying: Ti leaves an Fe-shadow. And Fe leaves a Ti-shadow. If you act like one side (Fe or Ti) you automatically also act out the other side, this is a like a law of physics (metaphysics in this case). A casual observer cannot see the difference between Fe and Ti. To know whether it is one or the other we need to know the underlying intent of the actor. This can only be found by following the stream of thought of the actor instead of just 1 quick/casual snapshot of the actor.

As an example:
- Ti warns somebody about a logical flaw in its reasoning. The goal is to solve flawed logic.
- Fe helps somebody out of "unlogical" love/compassion/devotion. The goal is to "unlogically" join them, merge with their problems, to work on it together.

However both can look the same, and have the same effect: "the person is helped". If a casual/quick observer does not look at the details too much and takes a quick snapshot of such situation, then this observer cannot see the difference between Ti/Fe in this example.

Maybe this example seems obviously different for Ti/Fe but in real life there can be many situations where Ti/Fe are almost similar, in the trails these functions leave in reality. In a lot of cases its very hard to see, unless you know the person well, and/or unless you have studied typology for a few years.

Every Ti will have his fake-Fe following him in his life, like curse you cannot get rid of. After a while it will be generally known, to the Ti and the circle of daily friends, that the Ti is a helpful person. Kind of an "Fe". But this is just coincidence, it is only a (meta-)physical shadow effect of the real Ti intent.

There is something in MBTI which is weird and which is kind of stopping common shadow knowledge. The MBTI system is a bit weird in the way its setup under the hood. In MBTI the shadow functions are written as function 3&4, but these are not real functions as 1&2. The 3&4 shadow functions are just accidentally seen a lot. Thats why they put them on position 3&4. >> Because casual outside observers seem to "see these functions" working in you, while it is actually your function 1 & 2.
MBTI is just a superficial theory. The answer is under the hood, with deeper knowledge of the functions. Because the functions themselves are defined by Jung as a system of opposites. You cannot have Ti without suppressing Fe. The more Ti, the less Fe. Even though a casual observer will see some (fake) Fe, there is no Fe in a Ti-user, or otherwise Fe will cancel-out/annihilate his Ti. If you mix them you get void/zero/nothing. Thus even-deveopment of all functions equates to becoming a dead stone. Your mind needs feedback in a certain direction to function, and this direction needs to be relatively stable to be able to adapt to it well over time (of which the effect is intelligence / learning).

---

P.S. Maybe as an Asperger, you have been hammered by society to "simulate" Fe to the maximum you can. And you have used the shadow effect of your Ti to show them Fe. Maybe you have focused on it so much that you even went into believing that you are an Fe?

----

Disclaimer: I made very hasty conclusions about you here, because I tried to profile you, based on just a few lines of text from you. So I might be off for you personally, but since I think there is a big chance I am right, I just risked it, and told you what I think might be the case. In any case, the other general info would be of value anyway.

á´…eparted

passages
1) You start out with "If..... then...." >> this is logical reasoning, it's a Ti indicator

2) "I walked her through mindsets that she shouldn't have as they are unproductive and harmful to herself, and got her to consider different prospectives." >> This is logically trying to help someone by pointing out logical flaws in her reasoning, this is also a Ti indicator.

With question2 I tried to provoke something else, that failed actually. But again I will analyze this:

1) "To do so is just an intellectual disservice. ", you are trying to logically find the flaw, this is a Ti indicator.

2) "I'll often think "wait a second, look at the details and each case, you don't know if that's call for reason to do so", and I'll force myself to look more closely at it to see if it's justified.", logical deduction, and you take things apart (e.g. look at it closely / kind of reverse-engineering it), it's a Ti indicator.

I suppose so. I really do not think I am a Ti dominant, or even secondary. I do consider myself a rather logical person and I strife to take a "if then" approach to as many things as I can. Largely because as a scientist this is how you have to be, and I find it to be the clearest way to navigate life. I used to think that in socionics I was LSI, but everyone here balked at it (and I mean pretty much everyone), and after reconsidering I realized while I *strive* to be like LSI, I am actually EIE at the end of the day.

You wouldn't be the first to think I am more T based. [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] thought I was at first as well, even after asking me these sorts of questions. It doesn't really become apparent that I am ENFJ until observation over time.

Researcher

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad
You wouldn't be the first to think I am more T based. [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] thought I was at first as well, even after asking me these sorts of questions. It doesn't really become apparent that I am ENFJ until observation over time.

It could be that I fell into the same shadow trap that I described above. It could be that I have read your Fe as Ti.

You still seem to very logical to me. (Fe-users are not logical.) Its hard to judge by a few text messages alone of course.

Researcher

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad
To Hard:

In real life I can test if you are a Ti or Fe, by forcing you into a tough situation. Both Fe & Ti are helpful to others, but in a tough situation I can easily separate them:
- Fe is willing to take itself down / sacrificing its own tasks / its own projects / its own life, for helping out others.
- Ti is NOT willing to take itself down / NOT sacrificing its own tasks /its own projects / its own life, for helping out others.

Lets say a heavy truck falls on a few people, and they are all pushing the truck up to try to get out of it. They are your friends, and you don't like it if they die obviously.
The Fe would join under the truck, pushing the truck up, willing to be sacrificed regardless of logic. It will not calculate in advance if the group can actually win from the truck or collapse on them by lack of pushing power. The (most extreme form of) Fe is willing to die here.
The Ti would not just join under the truck, trying to push the truck up, unless he can logically deduct that through his extra push the group can win from the truck. If there is a big chance he will die, the Ti will not do it, as it would be illogical: its bad enough that his friends are dying, it would be even worse if he dies as well, just by doing something stupid. Alternatively Ti would help push for as long as he could from a safe position on the side, until things start getting dangerous and then he would jump out to save himself. As it would be totally illogical to stay there and die there as well.

In such case, if you answer: yes I would be a person who is willing to die under the truck to join the rest in trying to save themselves >> you are a true Fe. If you answer all kinds of logical reasons to yourself why yes or no, then you are too logical to be willing to die there, and you are a Ti.

Researcher

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad
as a scientist this is how you have to be

p.s. To be honest, this is an Fe indicator. As you are talking about what one "SHOULD" do. (But I still saw a lot more Ti indicators).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I suppose so. I really do not think I am a Ti dominant, or even secondary. I do consider myself a rather logical person and I strife to take a "if then" approach to as many things as I can. Largely because as a scientist this is how you have to be, and I find it to be the clearest way to navigate life. I used to think that in socionics I was LSI, but everyone here balked at it (and I mean pretty much everyone), and after reconsidering I realized while I *strive* to be like LSI, I am actually EIE at the end of the day.

Which is most important to you: financial gain, or spiritual gain?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Considering some traits related to the diagnose like need for routine, trouble relating to other people's feelings and lack of imagination, my qualified guess is that ISTJ, ISTP and INTP are the most common types amongst the aspies.
Hm, yeah, solid points. Trenchant analysis. Good job.

Researcher

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad
Considering some traits related to the diagnose like need for routine, trouble relating to other people's feelings and lack of imagination, my qualified guess is that ISTJ, ISTP and INTP are the most common types amongst the aspies.

Hm, yeah, solid points. Trenchant analysis. Good job.

I would be even better if its just ISTP+INTP (e.g. Ti-doms) in my opinion.

Although lack of imagination and routine is obviously also fitting an Si-dom (ISTJ), the Si-Dom/ISTJ is a perception-dominant! While aspergers/autists seem not very good observers , and more of the logically decide first, look later type. Thus, first Ti, and later/second Se/Ne seems a good fit, thus INTP+ISTP.

P.S> some also think that INTP & schizoid are correlated. What is the difference between schizoid and asperger?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would be even better if its just ISTP+INTP (e.g. Ti-doms) in my opinion.

Although lack of imagination and routine is obviously also fitting an Si-dom (ISTJ), the Si-Dom/ISTJ is a perception-dominant! While aspergers/autists seem not very good observers , and more of the logically decide first, look later type. Thus, first Ti, and later/second Se/Ne seems a good fit, thus INTP+ISTP
I was taking a jab at a 5 year old post of mine showcasing the poor understanding of both MBTI and Asperger's I had at the time.

Researcher

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad
I was taking a jab at a 5 year old post of mine showcasing the poor understanding of both MBTI and Asperger's I had at the time.

Ok, I consider myself very qualified in MBTI/JCF, its been my job and my life for 10 years, but i don't know very much about Aspergers to be honest.

So what did you learn about Aspergers in those 5 years?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I consider myself very qualified in MBTI/JCF, its been my job and my life for 10 years, but i don't know very much about Aspergers to be honest.

So what did you learn about Aspergers in those 5 years?
While routine may be paramount for many aspies in their everyday lives, they do in fact perceive and understand other people's emotions well (cognitive empathy), but have trouble responding appropriately to them (affective empathy). Also the shitload of artists with the condition (Stanley Kubrick, David Byrne, Gary Numan, to name a few) speaks volumes about their capacity for imagination.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
While routine may be paramount for many aspies in their everyday lives, they do in fact perceive and understand other people's emotions well (cognitive empathy), but have trouble responding appropriately to them (affective empathy). Also the shitload of artists with the condition (Stanley Kubrick, David Byrne, Gary Numan, to name a few) speaks volumes about their capacity for imagination.

Good stuff. In line with what I've learned from 20 years of being in a relationship with an aspie, and 10 years of raising one.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

Sounds like myself. I've always related aspergers to the cognitive function Te. I have a history of irrationally organizing things, which I associate with aspergers. Now, I've grown out of it mostly, but I have been diagnosed with aspergers before. I did take a test that told me I did not have aspergers though. I don't know where to find that test. But yeah, I predict Te leads to a bunch of false positives when coupled with cerebral personality traits like in many people. Same with Ti, but I don't know much about that one. This means Ns are most likely to be diagnosed. Especially INTJs. Extroversion goes against the definition of aspergers, so introverts are probably the most likely to be pegged with this. Hrrm. Yeah, this conceptualization is makes sense enough for me, although it has no data backing it up. I think a good deal of Si users would be diagnosed, because they can be considered in their heads. Especially when coupled with Te. I do know an ISTP who was diagnosed. So pretty much the people who will not be diagnosed are extroverted people, sensing people, and people with feelings as one of the top two, with the exception of those who are in their heads (intuitive type people).

Edit: Actually, the statistics support this theory. :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Sounds like myself. I've always related aspergers to the cognitive function Te. I have a history of irrationally organizing things, which I associate with aspergers. Now, I've grown out of it mostly, but I have been diagnosed with aspergers before. I did take a test that told me I did not have aspergers though. I don't know where to find that test. But yeah, I predict Te leads to a bunch of false positives when coupled with cerebral personality traits like in many people. Same with Ti, but I don't know much about that one. This means Ns are most likely to be diagnosed. Especially INTJs. Extroversion goes against the definition of aspergers, so introverts are probably the most likely to be pegged with this. Hrrm. Yeah, this conceptualization is makes sense enough for me, although it has no data backing it up. I think a good deal of Si users would be diagnosed, because they can be considered in their heads. Especially when coupled with Te. I do know an ISTP who was diagnosed. So pretty much the people who will not be diagnosed are extroverted people, sensing people, and people with feelings as one of the top two, with the exception of those who are in their heads (intuitive type people).

Edit: Actually, the statistics support this theory. :D
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I know an ESFP who was diagnosed at 18. he's so ESFP it sort of hurts.

á´…eparted

passages
It could be that I fell into the same shadow trap that I described above. It could be that I have read your Fe as Ti.

You still seem to very logical to me. (Fe-users are not logical.) Its hard to judge by a few text messages alone of course.

In real life I can test if you are a Ti or Fe, by forcing you into a tough situation. Both Fe & Ti are helpful to others, but in a tough situation I can easily separate them:
- Fe is willing to take itself down / sacrificing its own tasks / its own projects / its own life, for helping out others.
- Ti is NOT willing to take itself down / NOT sacrificing its own tasks /its own projects / its own life, for helping out others.

Lets say a heavy truck falls on a few people, and they are all pushing the truck up to try to get out of it. They are your friends, and you don't like it if they die obviously.
The Fe would join under the truck, pushing the truck up, willing to be sacrificed regardless of logic. It will not calculate in advance if the group can actually win from the truck or collapse on them by lack of pushing power. The (most extreme form of) Fe is willing to die here.
The Ti would not just join under the truck, trying to push the truck up, unless he can logically deduct that through his extra push the group can win from the truck. If there is a big chance he will die, the Ti will not do it, as it would be illogical: its bad enough that his friends are dying, it would be even worse if he dies as well, just by doing something stupid. Alternatively Ti would help push for as long as he could from a safe position on the side, until things start getting dangerous and then he would jump out to save himself. As it would be totally illogical to stay there and die there as well.

In such case, if you answer: yes I would be a person who is willing to die under the truck to join the rest in trying to save themselves >> you are a true Fe. If you answer all kinds of logical reasons to yourself why yes or no, then you are too logical to be willing to die there, and you are a Ti.

p.s. To be honest, this is an Fe indicator. As you are talking about what one "SHOULD" do. (But I still saw a lot more Ti indicators).

I could not disagree more that Fe users are illogical. That is a baseless stereotype. Any type can be logical or illogical. It's the manner in which they are (or are not) logical that counts. While I consider myself to be quite logical and rational, it doesn't mean that I always am though, or that I use it right. Your point of me using "should" statement is noteworthy. I make A LOT of should statements. It's actually a big hallmark of who I am and how I operate. I've had to go to therapy over this issue because it's caused me anxiety and stress in the past. I'll make all kinds of should statements about myself: "I should be like this", "I should do that", "things should go like this". When they don't go as envisioned I would get all kinds of bent out of shape and get focused on the "but, it should be, I must make it as it should be." and have a difficult time letting go. Despite the fact that from my point of view, it's highly logical to make these should statements, as their outcome is the most rational standpoint and goal, it's irrational to approach it with a black and white view and path towards it, not considering the possibility that other routes could occur, or that if things are different, that one must adapt. My rigidity and desire to lock onto something and not deviate (rational) becomes irrational when one does not yield or bend despite it coming from a logical thought process to start with.

As for the situation, I actually blend the two. When I see someone hurt, stuck, in pain, etc. I almost always check to make sure their ok or to see if I can help, and it's largely instinctual. However, I have a certain level of self preservation I must uphold. To me, it doesn't seem rational or logical to put your life in a clear risk for the sake of another unless their life clearly and objectively outweighs yours. When it comes to strangers, there is no way to divine what their worth is, so I do not see worth putting yourself in explicit risk of causing two people to die instead of one. With friends, this normally can be done, so that is slightly different. In your particular example, I would instinctively help as much as I could up to the point where it is obvious that one misstep would result in death. I would be calculating risk in my head at the same moment I am preforming actions. Most likely though, in hindsight I would realize "well, shit, I could have died there, I made an assumption I shouldn't have made about the risk". The thing is I am generally quite intuitive and it occurs on a level I don't always perceive and I'll often sense if someone is outright dangerous or not without thought (hence in the moment calculation) and go for it. Then realize consciously what it actually was in hindsight. Occasionally, I'll realize in hindsight that if I was consciously aware I would have been hesitant.

But yes, I am selfish in the sense that if I see that I am about to die, but if I save myself another person will die, I will save myself. Unless I was currently depressed or suicidal though, then I would opt for myself to die.

Which is most important to you: financial gain, or spiritual gain?

Financial gain. I am not spiritual and do not care about that. This has no bearing on type at all though.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If there is a big chance he will die, the Ti will not do it, as it would be illogical: its bad enough that his friends are dying, it would be even worse if he died as well

Yes definitely, if said Ti user is a Vulcan. You can't predict how a human being would react to something like that, there are too many factors to consider. Maybe you're right, maybe he would just stand there and watch... Or maybe those are very close friends so he thinks "if a) I can save them and we all survive, that's nice, but if b) I can't save them then I'd rather die than live without them". In this case the most logical decision would be to go under the truck and push, so that if a) happens he'll be happy and if b) happens he won't be depressed or suffer from PTSD or whatever. Logic is not an end, it's a tool that can be used to reach an end. You seem to think that everyone wants the same thing/end, survival, which is also not an end, but a requirement that we need to meet if we want to get to what we want (obviously), so what if your Ti guy wants to be with his friends more than anything else (you're probably going to say that this is an illogical desire and a Ti-dom/aux would never entertain such thoughts, but you can't know that)? If his friends are dead, he won't be able to, so in terms of outcome his survival wouldn't make any difference, and not going under the truck to help would be illogical.
Whether an action is logical or illogical depends on what who did it wanted out of it (e.g. if you want a pet and nothing prevents you from getting one, then it's logical to get one, but if you don't want a pet and nothing forces you to get one, then it's logical not to get one).

(Or maybe the guy is just suicidal, but you probably don't think it's possible for a true Ti user to be suicidal)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being open to new things is not very Ni-like. Ni constantly clears unnessary baggage. It considers possible doom, but not possible opportunity (that is Ne).
Ni is quite stubborn on its fixed set of ideas. (Although Ne types are usually the only types that can break through the ice of the Ni, maybe you meant you are a Ni-user open to the ideas of Ne-users?). This is just general info, nothing personal, i dont know you.
----
About the general thread here:

The repetitive aspect of aspergers/autism is a clear Ti sign. And the long fixation on it shows a weak perception function. They could be INTPs which are far more Ti (and less Ne) than the average INTP.

Another (unconventional) theory I have is that they could actually be a Ti/Te mix (unmapped terrain in MBTI). In that way their Ti mix with their Te (as functions dont exist, they are just navigation points on a spectrum), creating their own world, by just deciding/judging/taking-action. Thus not using a perception function much. (Perception would still be there, but much weaker, lower priority, like function 3 & 4).
If function mixes may exist in this "new model" anyway, then their low/weak perception should logically be an Ne/Ni mix or Se/Si mix. As the entire jungian function geometry should be looked at from a 45 degrees perspective in this model. (This might generate Ne/Ni confusion in the MBTI model, if this model is true)

Low-functioning autism (e.g. not the aspergers) could be a Fe/Fi mix. This is the "moron" archetype, which is a actually very common type if you research human history. Imagine this to get the picture: The moron will be the good over-helpful Fe as well as the raging demonic Fi, in one person. The moron is your best friend (Fe) or your worst enemy (Fi), all in one person, and is totally externalizing its control to an external controller (as unlogical/F as you can get). They are simply blind goons. (blind=strong judgement, weak perception). They seem "stupid" because of their weak perception, but once its in them, they can act upon it. The trick is to get it in them (through their weak perception).

For me the Ti/Te and Fe/Fi is extra plausible because the shadow theory holds.
They would be each others shadow (the high functioning Te/Ti autist and the low functioning Fe/Fi autist), and since shadows are hard to seperate for the casual/quick observer, it explains why it is all clustered into the big "autism" package by those casual/unknowing observers, known as psychologists-that-havent-heard-of-typology (and for sure not an advanced thing such as shadow theory). Especially in young children it is hard to see the underlying intent of the double-sided shadow effect of their actions. As the fruits of their labor evolve you can trace their intent, but before that its quite hard.

I have to wonder about why Ni will only consider possible doom, because that is something inferior Ne would do. And as you clearly explain later, that function 3 & 4 are the shadow functions. If the shadow functions are negative, then wouldn't it make sense that function 1 & 2 are positive and thus Ni-Dom/Aux would be positive and not just thinking doom and gloom?

[...]

There is something in MBTI which is weird and which is kind of stopping common shadow knowledge. The MBTI system is a bit weird in the way its setup under the hood. In MBTI the shadow functions are written as function 3&4, but these are not real functions as 1&2. The 3&4 shadow functions are just accidentally seen a lot. Thats why they put them on position 3&4. >> Because casual outside observers seem to "see these functions" working in you, while it is actually your function 1 & 2.
MBTI is just a superficial theory. The answer is under the hood, with deeper knowledge of the functions. Because the functions themselves are defined by Jung as a system of opposites. You cannot have Ti without suppressing Fe. The more Ti, the less Fe. Even though a casual observer will see some (fake) Fe, there is no Fe in a Ti-user, or otherwise Fe will cancel-out/annihilate his Ti. If you mix them you get void/zero/nothing. Thus even-deveopment of all functions equates to becoming a dead stone. Your mind needs feedback in a certain direction to function, and this direction needs to be relatively stable to be able to adapt to it well over time (of which the effect is intelligence / learning).

[...]

:thinking:

I'm asking, because I considered being ISTJ based on that doom and gloom, which I then read up on happens to be associated with inferior Ne examples of ISFJ and ISTJ quickly imagining the worst possible outcomes in a new scenario, either people or objective, respectively.