• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Asperger's Syndrome and MBTI type.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I went through the individual answers.
When you look at the thing in detail you get the picture.

The MBTI is correct in the principle only. The loophole is not a catch.

The definition of autism per se: IT.

N/S
Classical autism: Between the medial S/N and the extreme S;
Asperger: Between the medial S/N and the extreme N.

J/P
J for P

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I went through the individual answers.
When you look at the thing in detail you get the picture.

The MBTI is correct in the principle only. The loophole is not a catch.

The definition of autism per se: IT.

N/S
Classical autism: Between the medial S/N and the extreme S;
Asperger: Between the medial S/N and the extreme N.

J/P
J for P

this is very interesting. do you have a a reference for that info?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Ni and Ti dominant people with Aspergers? I can see that.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IT is often accompanied by weak Fe. It is this weakness that may mean an individual manifests some behaviours characteristic of the Autism Spectrum Disorders. And that in no way proves that the root cause is a common one.

An important distinction, I think.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
IT is often accompanied by weak Fe. It is this weakness that may mean an individual manifests some behaviours characteristic of the Autism Spectrum Disorders. And that in no way proves that the root cause is a common one.

An important distinction, I think.

Yeah definitely. And the criteria for diagnosing it is so broad that I doubt one root cause is possible.

1. qualitative impairment in social interaction
2. restricted, repetitive and stereotyped behaviors and interests
3. significant impairment in important areas of functioning
4. no significant delay in language development
5. no significant delay in cognitive development, self-help skills or adaptive behaviors (other than social interaction)
6. criteria are not met for another specific pervasive developmental disorder or schizophrenia.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
not surprising. I think every Aspie i've met was INTJ

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If this Asperger's Syndrome message board I post at is representative of us "Aspies" as a whole the most common type is INTJ followed by INTP and ISTJ.

Jung Myers typology test poll - General Autism Discussion

I think this is about right, though online forums are usually slightly N-biased.
IxTx is very common for aspies. S/N is a funny things for us. Aspies tend to be divided into those of us who are ultra aware of our surroundings, and those of us who totally detach ourselves from the outer world. The latter tend to take the characteristics of the intuitive, except that intuitive aspies will still have some trouble with interpretations of things, especially with the whole literal vs. non-literal thing.

Another thing I have noticed with aspies is that the cognitive processes don't make sense at all for some of us. For example, having Aspergers makes it pretty difficult to have strong Ni, and almost impossible to have strong Fe, but any type other than INTJ or INFJ might not make sense at all.

P/J is another story which I shall tackle later :alttongue:

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think this is about right, though online forums are usually slightly N-biased.
IxTx is very common for aspies. S/N is a funny things for us. Aspies tend to be divided into those of us who are ultra aware of our surroundings, and those of us who totally detach ourselves from the outer world. The latter tend to take the characteristics of the intuitive, except that intuitive aspies will still have some trouble with interpretations of things, especially with the whole literal vs. non-literal thing.

Another thing I have noticed with aspies is that the cognitive processes don't make sense at all for some of us. For example, having Aspergers makes it pretty difficult to have strong Ni, and almost impossible to have strong Fe, but any type other than INTJ or INFJ might not make sense at all.

P/J is another story which I shall tackle later :alttongue:

I'm an Aspie INFJ. ;)

I'm more tactful and sociable then the stereotypical individual with Asperger's. This isn't because I'm "less autistic" then said stereotypical Aspie, but it's because my personality has driven me to learn the various little social rules and how to read people's body language

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I know an ISTP who could qualify.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an Aspie INFJ. ;)

I'm more tactful and sociable then the stereotypical individual with Asperger's. This isn't because I'm "less autistic" then said stereotypical Aspie, but it's because my personality has driven me to learn the various little social rules and how to read people's body language

How does AS work with an Fe type? The syndrome is associated with very low Fe.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks!
That's very interesting, and significant to a discussion I'm having on this elsehwere.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
asperger-king.gif

VagrantFarce

Great! Make the criteria even ridiculously wide than it already is! An absolute good, I'm sure. :dont:

"In a recent study, scientists have said that 9 out of 10 patients suffering from Asperger's Syndrome "enjoy watching Star Trek" and "prefer to wear pants while in public". The American Psychiatric Association has released a statement saying that "we will be taking this information into consideration while developing the DSM-V."

I'd really like to know the ratio of genuine Asperger's sufferers to maladjusted geeks who self-diagnose and just use it as an excuse.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Great! Make the criteria even ridiculously wide than it already is! An absolute good, I'm sure. :dont:

"In a recent study, scientists have said that 9 out of 10 patients suffering from Asperger's Syndrome "enjoy watching Star Trek" and "prefer to wear pants while in public". The American Psychiatric Association has released a statement saying that "we will be taking this information into consideration while developing the DSM-V."

I'd really like to know the ratio of genuine Asperger's sufferers to maladjusted geeks who self-diagnose and just use it as an excuse.
There exists no recent study.
The day it is published, it is already out of date.

A repetition of the old does not get us anywhere.