• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which "T" type would seem the most "feelery-ish"?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know how it's been said ENTP/ENFP are the two types that are most commonly mistaken as introverts? (That is, they don't always come off as stereotypical extroverts).

And then I think I also heard that ENTJs were the most sensor-like N type.

Which think-type(s) would perhaps seem the most feely?

Oh, and obviously we'll assume that all the MBTI letter-traits are equally present (an INTP is 100% I, N, T & P and ESTJ is 100% E, S, T & J....) So don't say "An INTP with only 54% T will seem more feelerish than any other T type with 90% T."

*I know this isn't a scientific question, and the generalities certainly aren't exclusive/always applicable to the mentioned types.*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably not ESTJ or ENTJ.

And likely not INTJ or ISTJ (although some passive ISTJ males can exude some negative feeling traits).

sculpting

Male ENTPs followed ESTPs without a doubt. Tert Fe in males can come across as extremely caring and affectionate. It can be a ruse, but is often very, very real and strongly felt-it is as authentic a feeling of caring and devotion as anything a "feeler" might do. When held this closely, the older EXTPs can be very good leaders, if they can make sure to keep thinking logically, and be okay working with TJs.

It also can give some of them feminine aspects of personality to the point where I have questioned their sexual orientation.

(However IXTJs can be damned whiny human beings,when under stress, as Jennifer points out, showing aspects of negative tert Fi.)

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I was thinking about the E_TPs, too. That tertiary Fe does it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The "I" basically reins in the display of social affinity; "E" wields it as a tool.

And, if function theory is right, there's a difference between how teritary vs inferior Fe would be used.

I haven't really noticed ESTP guys as feminine, though. When they are dedicated to a group or relationship, they do exude a sense of comraderie and warmth. I think male ENTPs are "fuzzier" and more apt to put off the weird gender read... although female ENTPs are apt to seem more masculine than the "average" female in terms of their drive and directness.

sculpting

^^I must say it also makes them quite sexy and seductive as well...both the men and the women although I may have fallen prey to the testosterone laden variety....

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Male ENTPs followed ESTPs without a doubt. Tert Fe in males can come across as extremely caring and affectionate. It can be a ruse, but is often very, very real and strongly felt-it is as authentic a feeling of caring and devotion as anything a "feeler" might do. When held this closely, the older EXTPs can be very good leaders, if they can make sure to keep thinking logically, and be okay working with TJs.

I've always been a very loving person, despite being logical and analytical. My life got waaaaay better as I more thoroughly developed my Fe. I'm actually a better decision maker.

It also can give some of them feminine aspects of personality to the point where I have questioned their sexual orientation.

Other things besides Fe can do that too. For instance, men who dress well can be suspected of being gay/bisexual. So can men with great physiques. I've dealt with this since I was 20, it happens, no big deal, just let them know you are straight and they laugh, politely finish talking with you and go their way. I never thought being considerate or being able to express feelings was a trigger to be considered of an alternative sexual orientation. Should men just go back to being violent barbarians? :shock:

sculpting

I've always been a very loving person, despite being logical and analytical. My life got waaaaay better as I more thoroughly developed my Fe. I'm actually a better decision maker.

Other things besides Fe can do that too. For instance, men who dress well can be suspected of being gay/bisexual. So can men with great physiques. I've dealt with this since I was 20, it happens, no big deal, just let them know you are straight and they laugh, politely finish talking with you and go their way. I never thought being considerate or being able to express feelings was a trigger to be considered of an alternative sexual orientation. Should men just go back to being violent barbarians? :shock:

For decisions I think it is a combo of using the Ti logic, but combining it with the deep caring for the larger group of people that makes EXTPs good leaders and compassionate.

I have seen some EXTPs who take Fe to an extreme and in a very heavy Te meeting or organization, they will not discuss logical flaws in a plan as the Te users can seem so dominating. My ENTP friend says that Fe feels like a gag, a mute button, that prevents her from actually saying the Ti thoughts in her head-even if what the other person is saying is totally flawed and potentially will lead to bad consequences. She has to fight her own Fe to speak up, knowing the other people cannot see what she sees. But it is very hard to do so.

As for sexual expression, what i see is kind of beyond displays of emotional caring. Halla you often remind me of my favorite ENTPs who is very kind and cares very deeply for others-but isnt really feminine. You can see the Fe impose great amounts of stress on him when people are in conflict, but he is actually quite masculine. Devoted is the best word I can find to describe him. A truly wonderful man. But like a teddy bear?

The ones I note the feminine mannerisms are in our sales team. They go tie shopping together, have very high pitched voices and gesture very extravegently. They dress superbly and are...well....kinda prissy? One entp only drinks these very odd fruity martini drinks that cost $15 each...and only wears these specific white shirts that cost $150 bucks each. They are VERY touchy, to the point they make me uncomfortable and I confuse it for flirtation, yet they are all married with kids. So I dunno...They are good guys mostly, but distinctly on the other side of metrosexual. But this is just what I have seen and may not be a global trend.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Orobas, I absolutely love your responses to my earlier statements.
You're one of the few people that can write out function-definition-speakology that I easily comprehend, props to you for that, I appreciate it.

Devoted teddy bear, yet masculine? Hell yeah! What a great combo of traits! :nice:

Your definition of the "metro" sales guys clarifies where the "line of division" is with regard to Te. I like a nice necktie just like any other young, aspiring executive, but won't be caught dead drinking fruity-froo drinks. Got it! :laugh:

Have a great day, Ms. Awesome!

:)

-Halla

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting. ExTP, eh?

Just wondering, because I'm thinking that I might actually be a feeler. I don't have that projected "T" arrogance (I keep it inside...hah...but in public, I sort of force myself to act cooperative and nice, which is more typical of Fs), and lately, I've noticed that I've been stressing out/getting irritable more easily than usual.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ExTPs, and the occasional ISTJ.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't have much experience with sensors, apart from xSTJs.
With that in mind, I'd be prone to saying xNTPs.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
ExTPs who often slip into a Pe-Fe loop.

I've yet to meet an IxTJ who's in a perpetual Pi-Fi loop, but it's possible.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Male ENTPs followed ESTPs without a doubt. Tert Fe in males can come across as extremely caring and affectionate.

Why males?

And why is caring and affectionate seen as "feelery-ish"? F doesn't mean emotive, it means basing decisions on feelings.

Interesting. ExTP, eh?

Just wondering, because I'm thinking that I might actually be a feeler. I don't have that projected "T" arrogance (I keep it inside...hah...but in public, I sort of force myself to act cooperative and nice, which is more typical of Fs), and lately, I've noticed that I've been stressing out/getting irritable more easily than usual.

What on earth does arrogance have to do with basing decisions on thinking?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was thinking along the lines of Trinity somewhat there... Thinker doesn't mean cold and emotionless anymore than Feeler means nice and squishy... it simply means a preference in subjective or objective decision-making and evaluating processes :)

Anyways... we all use all of the functions, so all thinkers are also feelers and vice versa :newwink:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyways... we all use all of the functions, so all thinkers are also feelers and vice versa :newwink:

Nuh Uh! :tongue10:

You're a FINKER. Maybe even a THEELER. :thelook:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and you, sir, are typing with a Lithph! :tongue:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would think it would be IxTJ and ExTP females, because of the tertiary (the "child" which "inflates" itself at times), aided by their gender pushing them naturally to a more stereotypically "feeling" role. This is especially pronounced for ISTJ women, whose Si follows the "traditional roles".
(I don't know why it was suggested that males of those types would be most "feely").

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Probably not ESTJ or ENTJ.

And likely not INTJ or ISTJ (although some passive ISTJ males can exude some negative feeling traits).
I don't know. My ESTJ sister is rather feelerish as well as some others that I know. However they can go to extreme lengths to hide this side.