• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which "T" type would seem the most "feelery-ish"?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i agree ExTJ

i have an ENTJ (male) cousin who seemed more outwardly F when he was younger, because he could have emotional outbursts sometimes. like if someone was beating him in a game, he would purposefully sabotage it and then pretend like it was an accident, or just run away and sometimes cry... and he could be very sweetly attentive to others too sometimes.

but really he was always a T, and just a sore loser :laugh:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What on earth does arrogance have to do with basing decisions on thinking?

Well, not necessarily arrogance per se, but simply being blunt and persistent about your own ideas/strategies/opinions. When I'm discussing something with others, I always join in and offer my stance, backed by my reasoning, etc. I do have a bad habit of automatically playing the :devil: 's advocate - partially to test out the strength of the other person's reasoning, but also because I think it's fun.

However, if it's necessary to get along with the group (that is, they're colleagues at work, or maybe just a professor etc), I shut up when I notice that the others grow weary of the argument/debate. Or if they start to go all emo soap opera on me (politics!)... I know that if I keep pushing, it'll get ugly. In both cases, if I kept arguing, I'd just set myself up to be portrayed in a negative light, which can hinder work/school networking success.

It's in my best interest to not cause a stir in the wrong circles. Group harmony... I understand that this is a chief F trait.

Howeve
I was thinking along the lines of Trinity somewhat there... Thinker doesn't mean cold and emotionless anymore than Feeler means nice and squishy... it simply means a preference in subjective or objective decision-making and evaluating processes :)

Anyways... we all use all of the functions, so all thinkers are also feelers and vice versa :newwink:

You always remind me of my 6th grade gym teacher. So peppy, cheery and diplomatic. I bet you've got sexy rocket legs like she does.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"work/school networking success" you sure you aint estp ? :D

magister343

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4?
I've read that xNTPs are typically much more open about their feelings than other thinking types, with the extroverted ENTPs obviously expressing them more (but INTPs being more honest and complete when they do express them).

Seeking group harmony is not an F trait, it is an Fe trait. An ExTP would have this fairly pronounced as his tertiary function. Playing the Devil's Advocate tends to be a Ti (and maybe Ne) trait. Having strong personal opinions (especially those not backed by much) is really more of Fi trait, but it would be more pronounced in TJs because their Fi is less mature and they have almost no Fe to keep it in check.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's in my best interest to not cause a stir in the wrong circles. Group harmony... I understand that this is a chief F trait.

Not F, Fe.

And the decision making as you explain it is based on logic, not feeling.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*jinx'es magister343* :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would guess ExTPs who use a lot of tert Fe.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've read that xNTPs are typically much more open about their feelings than other thinking types, with the extroverted ENTPs obviously expressing them more (but INTPs being more honest and complete when they do express them).

Seeking group harmony is not an F trait, it is an Fe trait. An ExTP would have this fairly pronounced as his tertiary function. Playing the Devil's Advocate tends to be a Ti (and maybe Ne) trait. Having strong personal opinions (especially those not backed by much) is really more of Fi trait, but it would be more pronounced in TJs because their Fi is less mature and they have almost no Fe to keep it in check.

Not F, Fe.
And the decision making as you explain it is based on logic, not feeling.

Well, that does make sense. *shrug* Especially the Fi part...I really don't have any opinions unless I've thoroughly researched it and thought it out. I don't understand how ANYONE can just spring up opinions out of thin air. But that's just me.

"work/school networking success" you sure you aint estp ? :D

shhhh damn you... :steam: :smile:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP>ESTP>ESTJ>ENTJ>INTP>ISTP>INTJ>ISTJ

Or so I think...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Seeking group harmony is not an F trait, it is an Fe trait.

Fi generally wants group harmony too, but only if the group isn't violating our ideals... in which case we don't mind a little conflict first, and once things are set straight, then we can work on harmony. we figure harmony can be sacrificed temporarily for the long-term greater good. Fe would probably rather wait things out a little while longer and work things out more discreetly to maintain harmony.

and Fi is just not as good at group monitoring as Fe, so try as we might, we really can't do as good a job.

it's an interesting dichotomy because Fe generally comes off warmer and more welcoming than Fi, because it's more of an active thing. Fi's warmth is more passive - it's more like acceptance than welcoming. a key difference is also that Fe can turn that warmth off and become very cold and passive, while Fi will get angry and active.

so anyway, what i think this all means is that T types with Fe can read as very feelery-ish, even though they're not, but it'll probably only come in spurts. immature Fe can be really good at hitting someone where it hurts and/or is the most embarrassing, and can be good at ostracizing. like magister was pointing out, immature/not-well-or-often-used Fi will probably manifest more in occasional bouts of intense personal feeling or stubbornness over beliefs. Fe is more likely to show feelings for someone, but not change their own internal state, while Fi is more likely to mirror others' internal states.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's funny you say ENTJs are the most 'sensor-y' of all the N-types, because I've always believed that ISFPs were the most intuitive-looking of all the S-types.

As for the original question, I'd say the thinker with the lowest T-pref. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fi generally wants group harmony too, but only if the group isn't violating our ideals... in which case we don't mind a little conflict first, and once things are set straight, then we can work on harmony. we figure harmony can be sacrificed temporarily for the long-term greater good. Fe would probably rather wait things out a little while longer and work things out more discreetly to maintain harmony.

and Fi is just not as good at group monitoring as Fe, so try as we might, we really can't do as good a job.

it's an interesting dichotomy because Fe generally comes off warmer and more welcoming than Fi, because it's more of an active thing. Fi's warmth is more passive - it's more like acceptance than welcoming. a key difference is also that Fe can turn that warmth off and become very cold and passive, while Fi will get angry and active.

so anyway, what i think this all means is that T types with Fe can read as very feelery-ish, even though they're not, but it'll probably only come in spurts. immature Fe can be really good at hitting someone where it hurts and/or is the most embarrassing, and can be good at ostracizing. like magister was pointing out, immature/not-well-or-often-used Fi will probably manifest more in occasional bouts of intense personal feeling or stubbornness over beliefs. Fe is more likely to show feelings for someone, but not change their own internal state, while Fi is more likely to mirror others' internal states.

There are a couple of ENTP females on this very forum who are frequently in vent, and strike me as warm, almost-feelerish people, to the point of questioning "are you an ENFP?" (no, in both cases).

There's also an ENTP male who-shall-not-be-named (presently not)here who employs a great deal of Fe maneuvering in his, ahem, arguments.

Even though IxTJs have that tert Fi, they still come off as pretty cold when they aren't tuned into that Fi, so I'm going to say absolutely not on them...because the tert Fe in ExTPs is more "open" and therefore seems more feeler-y.

I don't know why people are saying ENTJ. I think that's just crazy sauce. They might come across as more sensor-y because of strong tert Se and their Te dom need to accomplish things externally, but I wouldn't say they're the most feeler-ish.

sculpting

Why males?

And why is caring and affectionate seen as "feelery-ish"? F doesn't mean emotive, it means basing decisions on feelings.

the OP lacked a bit in Ti style precision. He said "feely" which kind of indicates the emo qualities you see in Feelers, but I can see discussing it from multiple frameworks.

I wrote a bunch of stuff but deleted it as you are asking an interesting question....

When people use the Fe judging function they "feel" compassionate from my Fi perspective. I assume non-deceit and thus "see" compassion and caring. Knowing a bit more about Fe nowdays, I recognize that it may be used as a tool or mask, covering other underlying objectives, but my mantra is "always assume the best intent", so I assume caring.

What is the goal/objective/desire...damn..the libido of the feeling functions? My Fi cares about people. If you see Fi it is real and it is typically compassionate in its objectives.

In an ENFP-Id expect we look all emo-y with Fi, but our acts of compassion are actually enveloped in Te. The true compassion is the act of service or offering of advice we give to the other person to help them help themselves...so compassion but in a Te mode, so it may not look at all feely. It may even look harsh as we are giving them advice that may be painful in the moment...yet is meant to push them harder....to help them help themselves...

neat thoughts....(sorry for the babble)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the OP lacked a bit in Ti style precision. He said "feely" which kind of indicates the emo qualities you see in Feelers, but I can see discussing it from multiple frameworks.

Ahh, that answers why you spoke specifically of men, despite the user name the OP is actually a female ;)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ExTx can be outwardly quite emotional, I mean, expressive

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ETPs might be more outwardly feelery, but ITJs are the ones who really cry at night under their money pillows.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
You know how it's been said ENTP/ENFP are the two types that are most commonly mistaken as introverts? (That is, they don't always come off as stereotypical extroverts).

And then I think I also heard that ENTJs were the most sensor-like N type.

Which think-type(s) would perhaps seem the most feely?

Oh, and obviously we'll assume that all the MBTI letter-traits are equally present (an INTP is 100% I, N, T & P and ESTJ is 100% E, S, T & J....) So don't say "An INTP with only 54% T will seem more feelerish than any other T type with 90% T."

*I know this isn't a scientific question, and the generalities certainly aren't exclusive/always applicable to the mentioned types.*
IP.
E may give the aura (=impression) of more feeling. But that is demonstration only.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ETPs might be more outwardly feelery, but ITJs are the ones who really cry at night under their money pillows.

I suspect this as well.

La de Longe

MBTI Type
infj
I had an ESTJ housemate last year who had more emotional blowups than I've ever seen anyone have in my life. She also cried more than I anybody I've ever known too. The ENTJ I lived with wasn't like this at all, but I think the gender difference played the biggest role in that.

I also used to think my mom ISTJ was a feeler, but this may have been colored by the fact that she's my mom, and I mostly saw the nurturing over-protective side. I did know a female ENTP that I (briefly) thought might be an ENFJ, because she seemed to use Fe so well, but after spending more time with her I could see how inconsistent and, perhaps, shallow she was with it.