• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTJs and dating

shikamaru

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I've read some posts so far on what seems to be a popular topic - ISTJ dating. My impression is that this can be a particular challenge/adventure for this type of personality. Personally, I find this area of life to be the most complicated and I'm not sure why. Overall, I think other personality types must view the ISTJ as boring or robotic.

So, I spend a lot of time looking at how an ISTJ (myself) handles things and wonder if I'm out of lockstep with the rest of the world. I think that I spend a LOT of time overanalyzing, but I find this way of thinking useful since it helps me to avoid problems/mistakes (although, I don't stop until smoke is coming out of my ears, unfortunately.)

As an ISTJ, what type of personality do you find easiest to get along with? I find that I spend most of my time alone when family's not around. Not sure how healthy that is.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Welcome to the forum. :)

I apologize for my "copy-paste", but, as you said, we have been asked this before.

I flirt naturally. If I like a guy, I just go for him.

How? I´ll sum it up to these: direct eye-contact, subtle body language, and taking control of the conversation, with confidence, wit, and, sense of humour.

And, having a "plan B" in case that my tried and true techniques do not work. Which is rare.

No weird or silly pick-up lines, or obscene facial gestures for me.

Now, some things:

My impression is that this can be a particular challenge/adventure for this type of personality. Personally, I find this area of life to be the most complicated and I'm not sure why

We are introverted, that´s why. Still, "challenge" is my "definition" of fun.

Overall, I think other personality types must view the ISTJ as boring or robotic.

Only prejudiced ones. You will learn that as you stay here.

As an ISTJ, what type of personality do you find easiest to get along with? I find that I spend most of my time alone when family's not around.

I get along with individuals of any type who are willing to take me as I am, and share my values. MBTI helps me understand people, not to avoid or look forward to start relationships with a specific kind of people. I´ve dated guys, and have friends of all types.

For further reference, come to The SJ Guardhouse - Typology Central, we have donuts.